The players contract situation and the summer...

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why do you think their replacements will succeed?

No guarantees at all.

What i do know is, with the exception of the youngsters coming through, the other seasoned pros have all got older and failed.

We seem obsessed with hanging onto the same players over and over. Let them go.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, parajack said:

Ime 'old school' my word means something to me,and whilst i was under contract i would give it my all.Plus i have pride and dignity,and hate losing at anything with a passion.....its the Airborne way.....I would never stop trying....thats the difference between me and these alleged over paid complacent  prima donna's

same here id be too embarrassed . if your  incredibly well paid you should give everything . its a sign of where society is now so many want money and nice things without working damm hard to achieve it . 

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why do you think their replacements will succeed?

Because EVERY team that we play, outruns us, outfights us, has more quality it seems, is braver than us, is more together than us, etc. So, if every other team can achieve this, we must be able to. While my benchmark used to be Brentford and Southampton, in reality........we need to do a Barnsley.

Edited by Pieman

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Footballers are people motivated by the same things

Completely disagree mate. As I said, no welder has 100k people commenting on his seams 24x7, on radio, on television, on bloody social media...

9 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

I give in. Some people claiming to have rationale thought are still trying to blame Monk!

I said it a while back, we take so long over getting players to sign new contracts that with 14 or more players with contracts up this summer, the club should have sorted them all out last summer, or least before January, or we will spend most of this summer not buying new players again and DC will be trying to use it as an excuse. If DC cared as much as he says he does why is he not over here now sorting things out? Planes are still flying so he either needs to get on one, and come and sort things out, or pass on the responsibility to his staff to sort things out and accept the consequences because it is getting a bit late now and players are responding again just as predicted. The clown we have in charge is not funny. 

Btw, did I miss his communications to the fans, or is that on its way too, along with the refunds, the accounts, the promotion push etc? 

monk is to blame but he is only part of the blame maybe a very small part of it. the whole recruitment has been a disaster since 2015/16 and have had unbelievably bad managers ,there are still some on here what things carlos is king , if a proper manager had the job in 2015 2016 we would have gone up. i actually said when we got to wembley in 2016 that its 23 years since here and might be another 23 years before we return . thats now looking likely. 

9 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Didnt we say that we would be making Lees and Reach offers ages ago or am I making that up.

Well if Reach declines, I can't say I'd be bothered.

One thing is certain about the players that we release, they won't get paid as much at their next club as they've been getting here.

2 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Because EVERY team that we play, outruns us, outfights us, has more quality it seems, is braver than us, is more together than us, etc. So, if every other team can achieve this, we must be able to. While my benchmark used to be Brentford and Southampton, in reality........we need to do a Barnsley.

I'd agree with much of this, I don't think Rotherham had more quality than us however. Better organised and mentally tougher yes, but they scored two very good goals whereas we missed numerous easier chances. This is clearly not the norm as they'd gone 400 minutes without scoring .TBH if he was a good CF, Paterson would have walked off with the match ball last night, but generally you'd have hoped he'd score at least once from the chances he had. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Any ideas forward them to my boss

Would you be more motivated to do your job better if you had 100k people commenting on your work 24x7, on radio, on television, on bloody social media... pointing out your mistakes and having a go at you relentlessly regardless of your personal performance?

Owlstalk Shop

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

If you were a player that wasn't in the above mentions what would you be doing right now?

Trying your hardest, risking injuries and busting a gut for our chairman to try and win a new contract at a relegated club that has a history of not paying players on time and getting points deductions?

Or would you have had your agent sort you out already with a new club in the summer?

This

You can tell with how the lads are playing that some aren't going to risk themselves knowing they probably won't get paid properly

Its a complete clusterfvck ran by our comical leader at the top. Absolute charlatan ...

It’s ok saying ‘players not been paid etc’ we were absolutely rubbish since December 2019 , the payment issue only came to light more recently , a few other clubs have also had this issue (derby ) look at them ? Way out of the zone , the players are as much to blame as chansiri 

Pre covid we never had an issue with player payments etc 

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Would you be more motivated to do your job better if you had 100k people commenting on your work 24x7, on radio, on television, on bloody social media... pointing out your mistakes and having a go at you relentlessly regardless of your personal performance?

Nope, though i reckon i could cope with it for a short while if i was getting 20k a week

• Love 1

It is clear these players are not up for the fight and they won't be in League 1. Some big clubs down there but we will be the team they all want to beat. What needs to happen is a total shift in how we recruit. Let DM bring his own players in, invest in young hungry players we can sell on for profit. Stop paying wages we can't afford to players that don't care. These changes of course will not happen because of who's in charge of this sh**show.

• Like 1

The only one I'd try to keep is Urogohide, also Shaw if the Celtic move isnt a done deal. 

Notwithstanding that we cant carry so many big contracts, even if they take pay cuts n L1 the players have shown they aren't what is needed. Surprised  bannan signed, but maybe he's the outlier. 

As we stand, have 10 (?) Players contracted, expect Moore to make use of his contacts and work the loan market to the maximum allowance (5?),  then up to Chansiri to put his hand in his pocket to recruit and sort out this mess of his making. 

The last thing I want to see is the likes of Reach, Lees,  Westwood, Hutchinson etc taking up the wage budget. Add in Rhodes to those and those five players alone account for probably £5m+ of the wage budget and haven't contributed anywhere near that worth, never mind what we wasted in wages on Kachunga, Brown, Marriott etc....theres probably the £7m in savings to offset TV  revenue lost due to relegation, most of whom have contributed fizz all, apart from the odd game.

• Love 1

10 hours ago, parajack said:

Ime 'old school' my word means something to me,and whilst i was under contract i would give it my all.Plus i have pride and dignity,and hate losing at anything with a passion.....its the Airborne way.....I would never stop trying....thats the difference between me and these alleged over paid complacent  prima donna's

You're not on your own with that mentality/philosophy - seemingly the players don't share this way of thinking...

Darren Moore strikes me as someone with a good idea of what he wants from a player, someone with a decent knowledge of the league we’re going to be in next season and someone with the knowhow to be able to combine the two during the summer transfer window. I was amazed to hear how little some league one players go for - DC needs to let Moore drive the recruitment efforts this summer and we just might end up with the “young and hungry” team we need.

• Like 2