The players contract situation and the summer...

1 hour ago, Animis said:

Reach is a classic example of this - and his body language says to me he's off and has had enough

Yes, it’s mutual - I think we’ve had enough of him as well - he’s not got the stomach for a relegation fight, do you think perhaps he could take Palmer with him as well if we ask nicely ?

Just now, Kew Owl said:

Yes, it’s mutual - I think we’ve had enough of him as well - he’s not got the stomach for a relegation fight, do you think perhaps he could take Palmer with him as well if we ask nicely ?

Hasn't Palmer got another year?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's look at players/contract situation

Westwood - has it made here. Chairman will keep giving him contracts 
Hutchinson - has it made here. Chairman will keep giving him contracts
Bannan - Just had a new contract rushed through and announced because the chairman was under pressure over the Liam Shaw thing
Liam Shaw - Off to Celtic because the fans didn't tell Chansiri two years ago that the upcoming star needed a new contract offering

Now...

It's March and the end of the season is coming..

The chairman has said in his last interview that all the players who they want to keep have been offered new contracts but the club (That hasnt' been paying them on time and is getting relegated) hasn't heard back from them yet

So...

If you were a player that wasn't in the above mentions what would you be doing right now?

Trying your hardest, risking injuries and busting a gut for our chairman to try and win a new contract at a relegated club that has a history of not paying players on time and getting points deductions?

Or would you have had your agent sort you out already with a new club in the summer?

Can I also add to this that other clubs will be seeing our plight, expecting an exodus and will have been doing what we never seem to do, and tapping up our players via agents and friends etc and getting them signed up ready to nick em the second we're relegated

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

How anyone can have a dig at the likes of Shaw for taking the chance to move away is beyond me.

I liken it to the two ladies in the corner shop in a small village saying to each other "Hey.. have you heard about that Janice at number 33? She's moving to London apparently. Obviously our village isn't good enough for the likes of HER"

etc

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I liken it to the two ladies in the corner shop in a small village saying to each other "Hey.. have you heard about that Janice at number 33? She's moving to London apparently. Obviously our village isn't good enough for the likes of HER"

etc

Indeed.

The idea a professional footballer has to remain a total fan for life and can never better themselves is ridiculous.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, parajack said:

Ime 'old school' my word means something to me,and whilst i was under contract i would give it my all.Plus i have pride and dignity,and hate losing at anything with a passion.....its the Airborne way.....I would never stop trying....thats the difference between me and these alleged over paid complacent  prima donna's

Your " wider society " comment is spot on and re old school, You and I both, but that pride and dignity is disappearing in this new world, governed by  greed. Footballers in today's age by nature are mollycoddled from a young age. That is all they know. The badge pumping days are gone, and we are left with a tonic badge pump ( usually around contract renewal time )

One thing you and I both know from our forces days is " morale "  We know how important that is to a unit.
As Owlstalk says until the failure from Thailand disappears and we are left with a new beginning. Things will only get worse. 

What you have is a section with no weapons of note, no maps, NCO's that go awol on  regular basis and a pay corp and cook that never shows up. It's a complete sheite show at S6 from top to bottom. ( Albeit the staff who try their best )

We've all worried about relegation,  only a miracle will save us now. 
However, the bigger problem is losing the club, because this spoiled silver spooned, never had no said to him in his life, narcissist has thrown his ball out of his palladium cot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sethman75 said:

Well big Daz knows League 1 well so we should be ok next season. Maybe thats why he took the job, knew we needed a rebuild and were going to L1. Hopefully brings in a group of players that actually have desire and are keen to win.

We can only rebuild without Chansiri here, nothing will change him.

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

For me it's right across the board too

And if I were a player at this club right now and hadn't been offered a new contract and not been paid on time a few times and saw the FFP breaches, the points deductions etc - I'd be off too

And note - I've not even mentioned that the accounts are about to drop too

Exactly 💯

You'd need to be mad to want to be at this club under DC just as you'd be mad to get a season ticket to support this way of running our club.

6 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I don't know what the plan is with Bannan and don't know what his plan is. He must be nearly as gutted as we are with the way the squad has deteriorated around him. I will be shocked if there isn't a clause that will see him leave when we go down.  

I hope there is for his sake 

6 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We've spurned chances to get out of the relegation zone on the field but the off-field stuff has really weighed us down and made it much harder.

• 12 points off before the transfer window opened ruined any chance of good recruitment last summer
  • We still had some decent players and a chance if we could come out fighting but the club backed a manager who couldn't win games with us with any consistency without Fletcher and we continued to have background issues in the squad with him freezing out our best keeper. If Westwood had done something seriously wrong the club should have cut ties, done everything to get him a move or paid up his contract. As it was he was always in the background with 2 inferior keepers not stepping up
  • 12 points got cut to 6 and we were very much back in it. We then sacked the manager we had backed heavily in the summer after 11 league games
  • His replacement divided opinion and turned out to be a disaster, lasting just 10 games. Strange that he chose to appoint a prominent Celtic scout as his assistant
  • Our promising young player then gets a better offer from, of all teams, Celtic. This week Chansiri pointed out that none of the fans were shouting to nail Shaw down to a contract last year - of course not, we had no idea whether he would be any good at that time but the club should have known he was a prospect.
  • We re-sign a player who the manager who we backed at the start of the season made sure he got rid of. Said player has always has fitness issues yet he returns from Cyprus to start 2 games a week and play 90 minutes in most games for the past 2 months. 
  • After sacking the new manager after 10 games we put an academy coach with zero management experience at this level and fairly poor managerial experience at a lower level in charge. He does well to steady the ship initially but is given no assurances with no sign of a new manager for 2 months
  • We have now appointed a new manager who seems like a decent fresh approach. He has been left with little chance of saving this season though and who knows if he is part of a longer term plan as we are not allowed to know whether he is contracted for just this season or beyond.
  • All this with a backdrop of late payments and uncertainty around the future given the late accounts. 

Frightening isn't it and that isn't even half the story, that list could be 10 pages long.

If ever there was a way not to be successful and run a football club the DC has nailed it.

No surprise we find ourselves where we are it's all so bleedin predictable.

7 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

The whole squad can leave for me. There isn't anyone I want to keep from these wasters. 

I feel the same.

And then I see Paxo and Chansiri looking through the Yellow Pages and think maybe we should keep some who are more likely to be better than their replacements.

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

That's just terrifying stuff mate 

And to think it's just scraping the top off it too

Imagine the full list/story?

Niel. Genuine question. You keep making posts like this hinting that the situation is considerably worse than most of us think. Do you know something we don’t? Are you ( like most of us) proper angry mad with the club and venting your spleen or is it just to drive discussion in these days of flagging interest?

Hand on heart, can many of those out of contract seriously believe they've earned a new contract.

Very few I'd want to see here next season. Urogohide has promise, based on that I think he's worth a deal.

But, in L1 can't carry the wages we have previously. I wouldn't pay Reach in buttons so hope that discussion has been curtailed and for all Lees for example is a good defender at times, very one dimensional. Don't doubt he would be ok in L1, but his wage could fund a couple of loan players who offer more to the squad.

I have no faith in the players that relegated us having any chance of promoting us next season.

They need to be desperately playing for a new contract. If not, they could easily be left on the football scrap heap with no clubs interested in signing them. You only have to look at the list of players currently still without a club. Many no worse than this bunch of wasters.