The players contract situation and the summer...

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

Niel. Genuine question. You keep making posts like this hinting that the situation is considerably worse than most of us think. Do you know something we don’t? Are you ( like most of us) proper angry mad with the club and venting your spleen or is it just to drive discussion in these days of flagging interest?

Drive discussion???? 🤣🤣

The server exploded last night because we had 6000+ on the site at the same time hammering it and then another 6000+ and then more and more - if anything I need LESS discussion 🤣🤣

Re: the clubs situation - can’t you see the issues and the warning signs??

Where are the accounts? 

Why hasn’t Chansiri published them?

What do you think they will tell us?

What do you think the ramifications of them will be?

There are 14 players out of contract in a few months that could all leave

Im not repeating those points to have a pop at the chairman - this is bigger than that

Im repeating them because they are relevant and about to happen - think about it - the next few months are going to be insanely bad 

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Hornsby

Average Div 1 salary now is £4,780per week.

Squads are about 28 per club.

Baz  is taking about a fifth of our player budget at present for next season.

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's look at players/contract situation

Westwood - has it made here. Chairman will keep giving him contracts 
Hutchinson - has it made here. Chairman will keep giving him contracts
Bannan - Just had a new contract rushed through and announced because the chairman was under pressure over the Liam Shaw thing
Liam Shaw - Off to Celtic because the fans didn't tell Chansiri two years ago that the upcoming star needed a new contract offering

Now...

It's March and the end of the season is coming..

The chairman has said in his last interview that all the players who they want to keep have been offered new contracts but the club (That hasnt' been paying them on time and is getting relegated) hasn't heard back from them yet

So...

If you were a player that wasn't in the above mentions what would you be doing right now?

Trying your hardest, risking injuries and busting a gut for our chairman to try and win a new contract at a relegated club that has a history of not paying players on time and getting points deductions?

Or would you have had your agent sort you out already with a new club in the summer?

Think Darren Moore will be making the decision for quite a few of them. 

It’s not just the out of contract players we need rid of quite a few in contract ones need to go too. As far as I’m concerned the only position we’re ok for is Center Back. Hutchinson and Uroghide will be good in league one with dunkley as back up. 

The rest is all needed 

2 minutes ago, debram said:

Think Darren Moore will be making the decision for quite a few of them. 

I think if I was one of them my agent would have already sorted me out with a move away

It's 4th March - I'd want to know what was happening to my future after the summer

Owlstalk Shop

58 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Drive discussion???? 🤣🤣

The server exploded last night because we had 6000+ on the site at the same time hammering it and then another 6000+ and then more and more - if anything I need LESS discussion 🤣🤣

Re: the clubs situation - can’t you see the issues and the warning signs??

Where are the accounts? 

Why hasn’t Chansiri published them?

What do you think they will tell us?

What do you think the ramifications of them will be?

There are 14 players out of contract in a few months that could all leave

Im not repeating those points to have a pop at the chairman - this is bigger than that

Im repeating them because they are relevant and about to happen - think about it - the next few months are going to be insanely bad 

Yes I get all that. So you don’t know anymore than the rest of us and are guessing how bad it is.

The game has changed mate. As someone has said, the percentage of players who will not have a contract past the end of this season will be at its highest level by a country mile. Granted, other clubs won’t score an own goal like the Shaw situation, but our situation will not be unique.

We need a fresh start and I think we have the right team to take us forward.

Bannan as our skipper in L1 is a good move for me. After that:

Reach, Palmer, Penney, Joey, Hutch, Rhodes, etc have to go. Manager after manager has failed to get this team to improve - it has to be the players. And, whatever is going on off the field, once you cross that white line as a professional footballer, you give everything and I mean everything. If not being paid is an issue, you put your hand up and deselect yourself. If you are available for selection, you f****** give it everything.

Lees I am divided on. I think he has something to offer BUT it is only alongside a better, vocal (Loovens) centre half. If we started next season with Lees and Borner as our first choice pairing, I wouldn’t be disappointed. If Iorfa stays and Dunks gets fit and sharp, we will have four good centre halves. Urgy needs a 3 year contract and developing either as a full back or centre half. Step up Paul Williams.

We now have an identity - 4231 front foot attacking football.

We need fullbacks. We need midfielders. We need strikers.

• Love 1

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's look at players/contract situation

Westwood - has it made here. Chairman will keep giving him contracts 
Hutchinson - has it made here. Chairman will keep giving him contracts
Bannan - Just had a new contract rushed through and announced because the chairman was under pressure over the Liam Shaw thing
Liam Shaw - Off to Celtic because the fans didn't tell Chansiri two years ago that the upcoming star needed a new contract offering

Now...

It's March and the end of the season is coming..

The chairman has said in his last interview that all the players who they want to keep have been offered new contracts but the club (That hasnt' been paying them on time and is getting relegated) hasn't heard back from them yet

So...

If you were a player that wasn't in the above mentions what would you be doing right now?

Trying your hardest, risking injuries and busting a gut for our chairman to try and win a new contract at a relegated club that has a history of not paying players on time and getting points deductions?

Or would you have had your agent sort you out already with a new club in the summer?

Why do we want to keep any of these failures? 

1 minute ago, Pieman said:

Reach, Palmer, Penney, Joey, Hutch, Rhodes, etc have to go. Manager after manager has failed to get this team to improve - it has to be the players. And, whatever is going on off the field, once you cross that white line as a professional footballer, you give everything and I mean everything.  

I've worked for a few crappy companies in my life. I've had bad business owners lording it over the managers and staff. I've had pay issues. I've seen the state of the building going to pot, I've seen the tools and equipment we've had to work with get worse and worse over the time I was there, I've seen good staff treat badly, I've seen manager after manager get sacked by the business owner leading to total instability, I've seen the business's bills not being paid on time

And I guarantee you here and now I wasn't 100% motivated to work my ass off and give everything to that business/business owner

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I've worked for a few crappy companies in my life. I've had bad business owners lording it over the managers and staff. I've had pay issues. I've seen the state of the building going to pot, I've seen the tools and equipment we've had to work with get worse and worse over the time I was there, I've seen good staff treat badly, I've seen manager after manager get sacked by the business owner leading to total instability, I've seen the business's bills not being paid on time

And I guarantee you here and now I wasn't 100% motivated to work my ass off and give everything to that business/business owner

I completely understand that. But there is absolutely no parallels between your example and professional football. 100,000 Wednesday fans, who all adore their team - until they die - makes a massive difference. You are not playing for the money. You are playing for the fans. 

Just now, Pieman said:

I completely understand that. But there is absolutely no parallels between your example and professional football.  

There's every parallel

Footballers are people motivated by the same things, with the same feelings, reactions 

They're not this mythical creature

Owlstalk Shop