The players contract situation and the summer...

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I dont think anyone's thought 'sod this I'm not trying'

I just think anyone who's heart isn't in the job in any job (not just this football world) doesn't put their heart and soul into it anymore

In the non football world if your boss doesn't pay you on time and the business looks like it's going down the pan you get to the recruitment agency or applying for jobs, get yourself sorted, and see out your notice period

Even more so if your company says in the press "right, so we've offered all the staff we want to keep a brand new contract!!' and you're one of those who hasnt' had an offer land on your desk

Fair enough, can understand that.

That last sentence as well, if it was a club where the players really wanted to stay then they might bust a gut to prove the club wrong and earn a new contract but like you said in your last post, we are hardly the attractive prospect to stay with are we!

Just now, @owlstalk said:

But - as I've stressed before - we could well end up in the exact same scenario this time next year, and then again this time in two years time

What 'point' are you trying to make exactly. Chansiri offers the contracts to whoever he likes. If this lot renew we'll go down into League 2 next season and the fool will be parted from even more of his money. 

There is absolutely nothing we can do about any of it. The club we love is his toy to break. I'm just sad for the younger fans who have never seen anything decent. A tragic waste. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Fair enough, can understand that.

That last sentence as well, if it was a club where the players really wanted to stay then they might bust a gut to prove the club wrong and earn a new contract but like you said in your last post, we are hardly the attractive prospect to stay with are we!

Just look at anything you could offer a professional footballer and then look at our version of it

Training facilities
Ambition
Investment in the squad

Stability
You know who your manager will be
Paid on time
Working undersoil heating

FFP breaches
Points deductions

I could go on and on and on and on

You have to ask who would want to play for this club right now and why?

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah - I think Reach is one who's had a contract offer on the table for ages but hasnt' come back yet

I can't for the life of me understand what's happening with Reach.

It's not like he plays consistently amazing on the left but it is clear to see he is more effective in that position. He wasn't as much of a complete passenger tonight as he has been when playing in field recently but he was still ineffective. 

It's like we are being trolled or he is being told he can't play on the left unless he signs a new contract and he will get played anywhere else to make him look bad and less likely to get a decent offer elsewhere!  

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

I can't for the life of me understand what's happening with Reach.

It's not like he plays consistently amazing on the left but it is clear to see he is more effective in that position. He wasn't as much of a complete passenger tonight as he has been when playing in field recently but he was still ineffective. 

It's like we are being trolled or he is being told he can't play on the left unless he signs a new contract and he will get played anywhere else to make him look bad and less likely to get a decent offer elsewhere!  

I can see the off-field stuff being instrumental in this 

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

With the exception of Shaw, none will get a better deal than they have had here..none.

Don't think they have downed tools...most are simply not good enough as proven over and over again.

Even if they are good enough the off-field stuff at this club would destroy your confidence and desire

As mad as it sounds we're not gonna be relegated this season because of the stuff on the pitch

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Just look at anything you could offer a professional footballer and then look at our version of it

Training facilities
Ambition
Investment in the squad

Stability
Paid on time

FFP breaches
Points deductions

Absolutely. That's why we should have made more of an effort to get Nuhiu signed up again before the sh*t hit the fan at the end of last season. 

Despite the stick he got from some sections I think he appreciated that he was well appreciated by many and he enjoyed playing for us. I'm not saying for one minute he would have solved all our problems but we'd have been better equipt with him as an option and the connection he had did suggest he cared more than the outsiders that have joined since and have offered next to nothing. 

We'd still be in the same off field mess now and have the same problems coming next season but we might have a few more points. 

Guest Therealrealist
8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Training facilities
Ambition
Investment in the squad

Stability
Paid on time

FFP breaches
Points deductions

Ahhh...5he old training facilities chestnut....not one player in world football has decided his next move on a clubs training facilities...ever

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Absolutely. That's why we should have made more of an effort to get Nuhiu signed up again before the sh*t hit the fan at the end of last season. 

Despite the stick he got from some sections I think he appreciated that he was well appreciated by many and he enjoyed playing for us. I'm not saying for one minute he would have solved all our problems but we'd have been better equipt with him as an option and the connection he had did suggest he cared more than the outsiders that have joined since and have offered next to nothing. 

We'd still be in the same off field mess now and have the same problems coming next season but we might have a few more points. 

We don’t replace players. There are still gaping holes in the positions and qualities of players that we haven’t filled in 6 years. The recruitment is scatterbrained, nonsensical, aimless. We’ve become progressively worse since Wembley every single season. Nobody at the clue has a f*cking clue what they’re doing (Darren Moore and some of the other coaches exempt, but god forbid they have any input on recruitment).

Not a single player out of contract at SWFC should get a new deal. Not sure I’d have given Bannan one either. But ho boy, I can’t wait to see what f*cking dross we bring in to replace them, because the 5-6 year trajectory of our recruitment is shambolic. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

The whole squad can leave for me. There isn't anyone I want to keep from these wasters. 

But the same scenario will happen this time next year and the year after that with the players who replace the current ones

Can't you see that?

It'll become clear in the next week or two when the accounts get published

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

32 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's look at players/contract situation

Westwood - has it made here. Chairman will keep giving him contracts 
Hutchinson - has it made here. Chairman will keep giving him contracts
Bannan - Just had a new contract rushed through and announced because the chairman was under pressure over the Liam Shaw thing
Liam Shaw - Off to Celtic because the fans didn't tell Chansiri two years ago that the upcoming star needed a new contract offering

Now...

It's March and the end of the season is coming..

The chairman has said in his last interview that all the players who they want to keep have been offered new contracts but the club (That hasnt' been paying them on time and is getting relegated) hasn't heard back from them yet

So...

If you were a player that wasn't in the above mentions what would you be doing right now?

Trying your hardest, risking injuries and busting a gut for our chairman to try and win a new contract at a relegated club that has a history of not paying players on time and getting points deductions?

Or would you have had your agent sort you out already with a new club in the summer?

I give in. Some people claiming to have rationale thought are still trying to blame Monk!

I said it a while back, we take so long over getting players to sign new contracts that with 14 or more players with contracts up this summer, the club should have sorted them all out last summer, or least before January, or we will spend most of this summer not buying new players again and DC will be trying to use it as an excuse. If DC cared as much as he says he does why is he not over here now sorting things out? Planes are still flying so he either needs to get on one, and come and sort things out, or pass on the responsibility to his staff to sort things out and accept the consequences because it is getting a bit late now and players are responding again just as predicted. The clown we have in charge is not funny. 

Btw, did I miss his communications to the fans, or is that on its way too, along with the refunds, the accounts, the promotion push etc? 

• Love 2

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Even if they are good enough the off-field stuff at this club would destroy your confidence and desire

As mad as it sounds we're not gonna be relegated this season because of the stuff on the pitch

We've spurned chances to get out of the relegation zone on the field but the off-field stuff has really weighed us down and made it much harder.

• 12 points off before the transfer window opened ruined any chance of good recruitment last summer
  • We still had some decent players and a chance if we could come out fighting but the club backed a manager who couldn't win games with us with any consistency without Fletcher and we continued to have background issues in the squad with him freezing out our best keeper. If Westwood had done something seriously wrong the club should have cut ties, done everything to get him a move or paid up his contract. As it was he was always in the background with 2 inferior keepers not stepping up
  • 12 points got cut to 6 and we were very much back in it. We then sacked the manager we had backed heavily in the summer after 11 league games
  • His replacement divided opinion and turned out to be a disaster, lasting just 10 games. Strange that he chose to appoint a prominent Celtic scout as his assistant
  • Our promising young player then gets a better offer from, of all teams, Celtic. This week Chansiri pointed out that none of the fans were shouting to nail Shaw down to a contract last year - of course not, we had no idea whether he would be any good at that time but the club should have known he was a prospect.
  • We re-sign a player who the manager who we backed at the start of the season made sure he got rid of. Said player has always has fitness issues yet he returns from Cyprus to start 2 games a week and play 90 minutes in most games for the past 2 months. 
  • After sacking the new manager after 10 games we put an academy coach with zero management experience at this level and fairly poor managerial experience at a lower level in charge. He does well to steady the ship initially but is given no assurances with no sign of a new manager for 2 months
  • We have now appointed a new manager who seems like a decent fresh approach. He has been left with little chance of saving this season though and who knows if he is part of a longer term plan as we are not allowed to know whether he is contracted for just this season or beyond.
  • All this with a backdrop of late payments and uncertainty around the future given the late accounts. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We've spurned chances to get out of the relegation zone on the field but the off-field stuff has really weighed us down and made it much harder.

• 12 points off before the transfer window opened ruined any chance of good recruitment last summer
  • We still had some decent players and a chance if we could come out fighting but the club backed a manager who couldn't win games with us with any consistency without Fletcher and we continued to have background issues in the squad with him freezing out our best keeper. If Westwood had done something seriously wrong the club should have cut ties, done everything to get him a move or paid up his contract. As it was he was always in the background with 2 inferior keepers not stepping up
  • 12 points got cut to 6 and we were very much back in it. We then sacked the manager we had backed heavily in the summer after 11 league games
  • His replacement divided opinion and turned out to be a disaster, lasting just 10 games. Strange that he chose to appoint a prominent Celtic scout as his assistant
  • Our promising young player then gets a better offer from, of all teams, Celtic. This week Chansiri pointed out that none of the fans were shouting to nail Shaw down to a contract last year - of course not, we had no idea whether he would be any good at that time but the club should have known he was a prospect.
  • We re-sign a player who the manager who we backed at the start of the season made sure he got rid of. Said player has always has fitness issues yet he returns from Cyprus to start 2 games a week and play 90 minutes in most games for the past 2 months. 
  • After sacking the new manager after 10 games we put an academy coach with zero management experience at this level and fairly poor managerial experience at a lower level in charge. He does well to steady the ship initially but is given no assurances with no sign of a new manager for 2 months
  • We have now appointed a new manager who seems like a decent fresh approach. He has been left with little chance of saving this season though and who knows if he is part of a longer term plan as we are not allowed to know whether he is contracted for just this season or beyond.
  • All this with a backdrop of late payments and uncertainty around the future given the late accounts. 

That's just terrifying stuff mate 

And to think it's just scraping the top off it too

Imagine the full list/story?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

19 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

We don’t replace players. There are still gaping holes in the positions and qualities of players that we haven’t filled in 6 years. The recruitment is scatterbrained, nonsensical, aimless. We’ve become progressively worse since Wembley every single season. Nobody at the clue has a f*cking clue what they’re doing (Darren Moore and some of the other coaches exempt, but god forbid they have any input on recruitment).

Not a single player out of contract at SWFC should get a new deal. Not sure I’d have given Bannan one either. But ho boy, I can’t wait to see what f*cking dross we bring in to replace them, because the 5-6 year trajectory of our recruitment is shambolic. 

I don't know what the plan is with Bannan and don't know what his plan is. He must be nearly as gutted as we are with the way the squad has deteriorated around him. I will be shocked if there isn't a clause that will see him leave when we go down.