The players contract situation and the summer...

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Would you be more motivated to do your job better if you had 100k people commenting on your work 24x7, on radio, on television, on bloody social media... pointing out your mistakes and having a go at you relentlessly regardless of your personal performance?

Here's one for you

If as a boss i employed an advisor who by the strength of following his advice was making my company's results/performance suffer over a continuous period of time. Would you persist with employing said advisor and continuing to follow his advice?

If the answer is yes then it would seem to me that this advisor held more power/ influence than being just an advisor. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I can't for the life of me understand what's happening with Reach.

It's not like he plays consistently amazing on the left but it is clear to see he is more effective in that position. He wasn't as much of a complete passenger tonight as he has been when playing in field recently but he was still ineffective. 

It's like we are being trolled or he is being told he can't play on the left unless he signs a new contract and he will get played anywhere else to make him look bad and less likely to get a decent offer elsewhere!  

I'd put money on Reach getting a championship move and having a really good season next year, used in his proper position.

Meanwhile we will be languishing in the lower reaches of league 1 with his replacement being a 'trier' with half his ability. 

Edited by NorthernOwl
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pieman said:

Because EVERY team that we play, outruns us, outfights us, has more quality it seems, is braver than us, is more together than us, etc. So, if every other team can achieve this, we must be able to. While my benchmark used to be Brentford and Southampton, in reality........we need to do a Barnsley.

Weren't all the players Monk brought in suppose to be mentally strong triers? How many of those signings have been a success?

People need to realise the problem we face isnt the mental attitude of individual players. It's the whole structure of the club and the way its run.

We can clear out all the current players but I can guarantee we will face exactly the same problems. Until we fix the fundamental, structural failings at the club nothing will change.

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

But - as I've stressed before - we could well end up in the exact same scenario this time next year, and then again this time in two years time

What do you propose we...as fans (customers)..do about this?

We all know the chairman is the overriding problem here. But he ain't leaving. So what choices or options do we have?? 

Protests? Stop buying stuff? Attack him on social media? What?

3 minutes ago, trev said:

What do you propose we...as fans (customers)..do about this?

We all know the chairman is the overriding problem here. But he ain't leaving. So what choices or options do we have?? 

Protests? Stop buying stuff? Attack him on social media? What?

No - I would only personally just say to any/every Wednesday fan to learn as much as possible about what is happening and be aware of it

To not try and silence or attack anyone posting information about how much the club owes, who to, our finances etc

Just read up on it all, take a look at where we are at and be aware of it

That's all 

Everything from which players we keep, what players we sign in future, how much we spend on wages etc - it's all about to change significantly and everything starts and ends with the club finances

Education and knowledge and trying to understand the situation should be on everyone's agenda right now and the very starting block to everything else.

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, morganowl said:

monk is to blame but he is only part of the blame maybe a very small part of it. the whole recruitment has been a disaster since 2015/16 and have had unbelievably bad managers ,there are still some on here what things carlos is king , if a proper manager had the job in 2015 2016 we would have gone up. i actually said when we got to wembley in 2016 that its 23 years since here and might be another 23 years before we return . thats now looking likely. 

FFS! We have not had a proper football manager since Chansiri came in wanting to play at being the big man. Monk had a bigger points per game average than we have now and we had 6 defenders and two defensive midfielders out too for our bad run of just 3 games lost on the bounce! They are all there now (plus with a Luongo replacement in Hutchinson) so why have we done worse without Monk if he was so bad at his job? He knew exactly where our weak spots were because he argued with DC in the summer when DC cleared out two players Monk wanted to keep and did not replace any of the six strikers/attackers we got rid of with players that were anything like the same quality replacements, never mind the young, hungry players Monk said he wanted! There are far too many sheep on these fans forums that go following each other around, bleating on about managers and coaches decisions that were never theirs to make. There is only one person at SWFC with an opinion that counts on anything and that is DC. It is taking so ridiculously long to get refunds because the idiot is probably writing out the cheques himself too!

FOR THOSE WHO STRUGGLE TO UNDERSTAND THE LITTLE WRITING, OUR HEAD COACHES  AND MANAGES HAVE NO SAY IN WHO COMES AND WHO GOES! CHANSIRI GOT ALONSO BONZO IN TO HELP GET RID OF PLAYERS BECAUSE DC DID NOT WANT TO PAY THEM ANY MORE! CHANSIRI DID NOT REPLACE THOSE PLAYERS EITHER. DROP THE MONK HATRED, THE CARLOS HATRED, THE MANAGER AND HEAD COACH HATRED, THEY WERE NOT TO BLAME. WE HAVE A CRAP TEAM BECAUSE OUR OWNER KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL AND REFUSES TO LET ANYBODY ELSE RUN HIS CLUB. GOT IT?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

FFS! We have not had a proper football manager since Chansiri came in wanting to play at being the big man. Monk had a bigger points per game average than we have now and we had 6 defenders and two defensive midfielders out too for our bad run of just 3 games lost on the bounce! They are all there now (plus with a Luongo replacement in Hutchinson) so why have we done worse without Monk if he was so bad at his job? He knew exactly where our weak spots were because he argued with DC in the summer when DC cleared out two players Monk wanted to keep and did not replace any of the six strikers/attackers we got rid of with players that were anything like the same quality replacements, never mind the young, hungry players Monk said he wanted! There are far too many sheep on these fans forums that go following each other around, bleating on about managers and coaches decisions that were never theirs to make. There is only one person at SWFC with an opinion that counts on anything and that is DC. It is taking so ridiculously long to get refunds because the idiot is probably writing out the cheques himself too!

FOR THOSE WHO STRUGGLE TO UNDERSTAND THE LITTLE WRITING, OUR HEAD COACHES  AND MANAGES HAVE NO SAY IN WHO COMES AND WHO GOES! CHANSIRI GOT ALONSO BONZO IN TO HELP GET RID OF PLAYERS BECAUSE DC DID NOT WANT TO PAY THEM ANY MORE! CHANSIRI DID NOT REPLACE THOSE PLAYERS EITHER. DROP THE MONK HATRED, THE CARLOS HATRED, THE MANAGER AND HEAD COACH HATRED, THEY WERE NOT TO BLAME. WE HAVE A CRAP TEAM BECAUSE OUR OWNER KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL AND REFUSES TO LET ANYBODY ELSE RUN HIS CLUB. GOT IT?

jesus i certainly dont hate monk i was one of the few what actually stuck up for him but he has played a part in our demise and i said only a small part . we all know chansiri had a bag of cash chucked it about aided and abetted by paxio and that tool called carlos along with idiotic advisers and an owner who must be the stubbornest owner in the world, when something clearly aint working you reassess and put it right that should have been done  4 years ago. the points deduction this season came about from what happened in 2016 and managers since have paid the price.  but chansiri is on record many times saying any player signing is only given go ahead by the manager.  there are many owners what dont know about the football business but they get proper advisers in and with proper football people in .  

5 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

Weren't all the players Monk brought in suppose to be mentally strong triers? How many of those signings have been a success?

People need to realise the problem we face isnt the mental attitude of individual players. It's the whole structure of the club and the way its run.

We can clear out all the current players but I can guarantee we will face exactly the same problems. Until we fix the fundamental, structural failings at the club nothing will change.

I understand what you’re saying mate and there is some truth in it. However, I have to disagree about the players. Our current crop need to be replaced and we can turn put a better team on the pitch, with the same issues off it. Keeping a manager for longer than a few days would be a start...

56 minutes ago, morganowl said:

jesus i certainly dont hate monk i was one of the few what actually stuck up for him but he has played a part in our demise and i said only a small part . we all know chansiri had a bag of cash chucked it about aided and abetted by paxio and that tool called carlos along with idiotic advisers and an owner who must be the stubbornest owner in the world, when something clearly aint working you reassess and put it right that should have been done  4 years ago. the points deduction this season came about from what happened in 2016 and managers since have paid the price.  but chansiri is on record many times saying any player signing is only given go ahead by the manager.  there are many owners what dont know about the football business but they get proper advisers in and with proper football people in .  

The fact is though that Monk told him what was needed before the summer started and Chansiri ignored him. He actually brought in old players with broken legs and carrying injuries rather than bring in the young players that Monk wanted. Green who was signed up in January, when unfit was wanted by Monk in the summer when he was fit, so why did we not sign him then? Monk had a better points ratio with the set of new players and covering a period of five or six games when we had a load of defenders and defensive midfielders out injured, so with all the defenders and defensive midfielders fit, surely he could now be part of the solution, especially as he was already winning us more points. I do not believe that we have suffered so long with so many respected managers because they all suddenly became rubbish while they were here!

None of them have been part of the solution, but all of them have had to contend with the one big problem at our club, and that is Dejphon Chansiri. He has learned nothing during his time here except that English people take far less sh!t than our Thai counterparts. The Thai people give many people respect that do not deserve it and are far too trusting and laid back than us gobby English. I have had technical disagreements with Thai bosses that were used to people agreeing with them even if they told them that night was day! One particular factory made the same stupid costly mistakes every single year, because their boss did not understand what they were being told. I am guessing that Chansiri is no different. He is the big boss man who is always right, because he is the big boss man. No other reason. Well he is definitely very very wrong if he thinks he can carry on making the same mistakes year after year with us because it will take us somewhere we have never been before if he does and that could be a catastrophe for our club.

11 minutes ago, Pieman said:

I understand what you’re saying mate and there is some truth in it. However, I have to disagree about the players. Our current crop need to be replaced and we can turn put a better team on the pitch, with the same issues off it. Keeping a manager for longer than a few days would be a start...

I agree to a point. I did not want Windass, Dunkley, Paterson, Marriott, or many of the previous signings at the club, because in my eyes none of them were even as good as the players that they replaced. This has been going on for a long time and for every good player signed under Chansiri we have signed at least four poor ones and a couple who are at the end of the road football wise.

Any successful team has a good mixture of leaders, achievers and triers. We have quite a few players putting the effort in, but not enough achievers and not enough leaders. Two situations last night showed that the players rely too heavily on other people telling them what to do and when they were not on the pitch we went from having very little idea what to do with a throw in and then a corner (both in injury time) to no idea at all! It made me feel physically sick to see them wasting our time when we were going all out for the win.

5 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

I agree to a point. I did not want Windass, Dunkley, Paterson, Marriott, or many of the previous signings at the club, because in my eyes none of them were even as good as the players that they replaced. This has been going on for a long time and for every good player signed under Chansiri we have signed at least four poor ones and a couple who are at the end of the road football wise.

Any successful team has a good mixture of leaders, achievers and triers. We have quite a few players putting the effort in, but not enough achievers and not enough leaders. Two situations last night showed that the players rely too heavily on other people telling them what to do and when they were not on the pitch we went from having very little idea what to do with a throw in and then a corner (both in injury time) to no idea at all! It made me feel physically sick to see them wasting our time when we were going all out for the win.

Yep... I hope and I pray that Moore is given the licence to sort this. I believe he will recruit better than our previous managers. He will also have the ‘fortune’ of building a team in Division 3, away from the relentlessness of the Championship .

I know Izzy Brown has taken a lot of stick for the corner.....but what about Kachunga 😀 He bottled taking it, which is why Brown got dragged over there in the first place lol. Highlights your point.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

The fact is though that Monk told him what was needed before the summer started and Chansiri ignored him. He actually brought in old players with broken legs and carrying injuries rather than bring in the young players that Monk wanted. Green who was signed up in January, when unfit was wanted by Monk in the summer when he was fit, so why did we not sign him then? Monk had a better points ratio with the set of new players and covering a period of five or six games when we had a load of defenders and defensive midfielders out injured, so with all the defenders and defensive midfielders fit, surely he could now be part of the solution, especially as he was already winning us more points. I do not believe that we have suffered so long with so many respected managers because they all suddenly became rubbish while they were here!

None of them have been part of the solution, but all of them have had to contend with the one big problem at our club, and that is Dejphon Chansiri. He has learned nothing during his time here except that English people take far less sh!t than our Thai counterparts. The Thai people give many people respect that do not deserve it and are far too trusting and laid back than us gobby English. I have had technical disagreements with Thai bosses that were used to people agreeing with them even if they told them that night was day! One particular factory made the same stupid costly mistakes every single year, because their boss did not understand what they were being told. I am guessing that Chansiri is no different. He is the big boss man who is always right, because he is the big boss man. No other reason. Well he is definitely very very wrong if he thinks he can carry on making the same mistakes year after year with us because it will take us somewhere we have never been before if he does and that could be a catastrophe for our club.

your not wrong we could end up somewhere very dark . i just wish he would wake up and sell for the market value he wasting vast sums does not increase the value of our club ,but im guessing he dont see it like that.  what he needs to do if he refuses to sell is set out what the future is with the club and will he change his advisers and bring in a respected man into the club to send us on the right path, chances of that are nearly nil. 

• Like 1

Put it this way. 

This owner has destroyed my football club and in the process has destroyed a significant part of my life. I'm literally at the point now where I don't care what happens to us. With how things are going with Chansiri I'll just be grateful if the club even exists in the next few years. 

I feel this way as a life long fan, nevermind a player who's only real connection to the club is a contract that has hasnt even been fulfilled by the club's side at times this season. How could I expect them to care?

Edited by poite

18 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Don't you think the same scenario is about to play out with those replacement players too?

Genuine question at what point does paxo stop advising because the level of fees available to him and cuts from signings etc dry up?

1 minute ago, nethertonowl said:

Genuine question at what point does paxo stop advising because the level of fees available to him and cuts from signings etc dry up?

I have no idea what his role is, what his pay is, how he earns  money etc  so I can't comment

I do know however that the chairman should be able to stop listening to his advice if he's just an advisor

IF he's just an advisor

Owlstalk Shop

18 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

For me it's right across the board too

And if I were a player at this club right now and hadn't been offered a new contract and not been paid on time a few times and saw the FFP breaches, the points deductions etc - I'd be off too

And note - I've not even mentioned that the accounts are about to drop too

I think it also comes down to a lack of depth in quality of the squad.

Some players know there always going to play because there isn't anyone up to the standard to replace them, so it doesn't matter how they play.

There are some players we've always worried about leaving because there is no guarantee that we would replace them with someone as good, Westwood is a prime example, when his contract has been up we've always wanted him to sign.

Chansiri is daft enough to give out these large contracts in the first place and make it too easy for some players.

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I have no idea what his role is, what his pay is, how he earns  money etc  so I can't comment

I do know however that the chairman should be able to stop listening to his advice if he's just an advisor

IF he's just an advisor

Yep. And it’s the IF that’s the reading between the lines bit. 

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...