The players contract situation and the summer...

Let's look at players/contract situation

Westwood - has it made here. Chairman will keep giving him contracts 
Hutchinson - has it made here. Chairman will keep giving him contracts
Bannan - Just had a new contract rushed through and announced because the chairman was under pressure over the Liam Shaw thing
Liam Shaw - Off to Celtic because the fans didn't tell Chansiri two years ago that the upcoming star needed a new contract offering

Now...

It's March and the end of the season is coming..

The chairman has said in his last interview that all the players who they want to keep have been offered new contracts but the club (That hasnt' been paying them on time and is getting relegated) hasn't heard back from them yet

So...

If you were a player that wasn't in the above mentions what would you be doing right now?

Trying your hardest, risking injuries and busting a gut for our chairman to try and win a new contract at a relegated club that has a history of not paying players on time and getting points deductions?

Or would you have had your agent sort you out already with a new club in the summer?

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Animis said:

Reach is a classic example of this - and his body language says to me he's off and has had enough

For me it's right across the board too

And if I were a player at this club right now and hadn't been offered a new contract and not been paid on time a few times and saw the FFP breaches, the points deductions etc - I'd be off too

And note - I've not even mentioned that the accounts are about to drop too

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Bannan - Just had a new contract rushed through and announced because the chairman was under pressure over the Liam Shaw thing
Liam Shaw - Off to Celtic because the fans didn't tell Chansiri two years ago that the upcoming star needed a new contract offering

Now...

The chairman has said in his last interview that all the players who they want to keep have been offered new contracts but the club (That hasnt' been paying them on time and is getting relegated) hasn't heard back from them yet

So...

If you were a player that wasn't in the above mentions what would you be doing right now?

Trying your hardest, risking injuries and busting a gut for our chairman to try and win a new contract at a relegated club that has a history of not paying players on time and getting points deductions?

Or would you have had your agent sort you out already with a new club in the summer?

Ime 'old school' my word means something to me,and whilst i was under contract i would give it my all.Plus i have pride and dignity,and hate losing at anything with a passion.....its the Airborne way.....I would never stop trying....thats the difference between me and these alleged over paid complacent  prima donna's

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Now...

So...

It's rubbish, but every club in the country will have multiple out of contract players in the summer that they won't offer new deals to and the players will already know that. Some clubs will have more than us, some will have less but that's how the professional game works now. 

The late payments don't help but do you think players have downed tools specifically in relation to this? If so which ones?  

Just now, Kopparberg said:

Time for the Chairman to invest again... but in players we actually need. 

About 12 of them 

I would mind, with the exception of Iorfa and Dunkley, I wouldn’t be sad to see any of them leave, even for free. With how they have acted this season and the attitude they have shown, it’s the only positive you could take out of going down.

New keeper is a must, personally I think Wildsmith is to blame for that second goal. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

It's rubbish, but every club in the country will have multiple out of contract players in the summer that they won't offer new deals to and the players will already know that. Some clubs will have more than us, some will have less but that's how the professional game works now. 

The late payments don't help but do you think players have downed tools specifically in relation to this? If so which ones?  

I dont think anyone's thought 'sod this I'm not trying'

I just think anyone who's heart isn't in the job in any job (not just this football world) doesn't put their heart and soul into it anymore

In the non football world if your boss doesn't pay you on time and the business looks like it's going down the pan you get to the recruitment agency or applying for jobs, get yourself sorted, and see out your notice period

Even more so if your company says in the press "right, so we've offered all the staff we want to keep a brand new contract!!' and you're one of those who hasnt' had an offer land on your desk

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Don't you think the same scenario is about to play out with those replacement players too?

Could well do. The ‘wages are now in the country’ news we had that time was surreal. 

I pray he’s got some money under the mattress  for some new players or we’ll dive to new depths 

• Like 1