Can we do it?

Guest LondonOwl313

Just looked at who Coventry and Birmingham have.

Coventry next 5 is Derby, Rotherham, Luton, Wycombe, QPR. Would imagine they’ll be well clear of us after that run of fixtures while we play Norwich, Reading, Huddersfield, Barnsley, Watford. They’ve also got winnable games after that against Preston, Huddersfield and Millwall.

Birmingham next 5: Barnsley, Bristol, Reading, Watford, Swansea. Easier games after that against Rotherham, Derby, Forest and Blackburn.

Looks like Birmingham or nothing tbh as they’re the only ones I can see us being in touching distance of with half a dozen games to go. Gutted we lost to them last week now

Mathematically,  still a half decent chance.

BUT, the players just don't look capable of scrapping it out over 14 games. Saturday's result really did exemplify why. They can play a bit when the opponent is a bit off their game, but as soon as opponents get at them, they crumble. Mentally, this team is so so weak.

In normal circumstances, you'd hope they want to go out and show a new manager that they have a bit more about them, but seen as though half of them will be leaving in the summer, will they care enough what division the team is in next season? I am sure none of them want a relegation on their CV, and the likes of Dunkley won't want a 2nd, but if they won't be be here, will they be motivated to bust a gut? 

Our season (and near future) rests on tomorrow night. If we win I’d give us a slight chance of staying up, draw or lose and we’re gone. Let’s just hope Moore can drill it into them and they can show a bit of fight. I won’t hold my breath

• Like 2

Can’t believe Wednesday fans bother looking at the six-pointers to answer this sort of question.

I’m always more interested in how many games we have against the top 8-10 sides, as we inevitably win more of those than we do the ‘relegation scraps’.

The nailed-on losses are ALWAYS where we pick up the lion’s share of our points.

The Wednesday way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Just looked at who Coventry and Birmingham have.

Coventry next 5 is Derby, Rotherham, Luton, Wycombe, QPR. Would imagine they’ll be well clear of us after that run of fixtures while we play Norwich, Reading, Huddersfield, Barnsley, Watford. They’ve also got winnable games after that against Preston, Huddersfield and Millwall.

Birmingham next 5: Barnsley, Bristol, Reading, Watford, Swansea. Easier games after that against Rotherham, Derby, Forest and Blackburn.

Looks like Birmingham or nothing tbh as they’re the only ones I can see us being in touching distance of with half a dozen games to go. Gutted we lost to them last week now

You thinking wycombe and rotherham too then?

Guest LondonOwl313
11 minutes ago, unkastav said:

You thinking wycombe and rotherham too then?

Well think if anyone finishes below either of those they’re down so ignored them as they’ll be below us if we win tomorrow 

I can't see it tbh.

Even if we have a good run until the end of the season, it's going to be really tough.

Just fear we've squandered too many good opportunities.

Just hope Moore get some sort of tune out of the squad.

• Thanks 1

Realistically the two things that are against us are that firstly we can't go on another run of say 5 games with 1 or 2 points, that just can't happen.

Secondly is our defence going to hold up because we will continue to score zeros and ones with the occasional two in there. Can we pluck 5 or 6 clean sheets from the last 14? 

• Like 1