Can we do it?

I’ve been fearing the worst since Huddersfield game and think relegation is now inevitable. I’m not taking much comfort from games in hand, can see us getting beat tomorrow night but a win wouldn’t change my view in any way.  Losing mentality is too deeply ingrained with this team and far too late now to address that.  

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Need a win and a draw minimum from those two game’s in hand. So have to beat Rotherham tomorrow.. 

If we manage that then we’d be 3 points behind with the better goal difference with 12 games left. Just means we have to win one more then Birmingham or Coventry 

So yeah it’s possible.. but knowing us we won’t be Rotherham and fall at the first hurdle with this plan 

Need a win and a win minimum in my opinion. Draws kill you. 

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, robowl4life said:

We have to beat Rotherham but then the other game is Swansea at home isn’t it. Can’t see us beating them but a draw gets us to 3 points off which is a one game swing. I think that’s important as if you need an extra two wins I think that’s when it becomes impossible 

But still a long shot as after Rotherham we’ve got Norwich and Reading and we’d need to match Coventry and Brum’s results to keep in touch and I can’t see us getting much from those two games 

I'm delighted about having Moore in charge, but I reckon it's asking too much of him to keep us up this late in the season.  McCarthy and Pearson are dealing with much more stable circumstances. 

I'm eager to be proved wrong though.  It's not impossible to imagine finishing the season ahead of Rotherham if we win tomorrow.  Then there's Birmingham's next six games which are going to make it difficult for them to pull away from us, despite us having a lot of particularly tough games coming up too.  Coventry have an easier run and I'm confident Huddersfield will do just enough.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

We have to beat Rotherham but then the other game is Swansea at home isn’t it. Can’t see us beating them but a draw gets us to 3 points off which is a one game swing. I think that’s important as if you need an extra two wins I think that’s when it becomes impossible 

But still a long shot as after Rotherham we’ve got Norwich and Reading and we’d need to match Coventry and Brum’s results to keep in touch and I can’t see us getting much from those two games 

Swansea all of a sudden have hit bad form though....oh wait a minute when do we play them again ?

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

Need a win but some draws are ok depending who it's against.

If we had drawn at Huddersfield, Rotherham, Coventry, Luton and home v Birmingham we'd be 6 points ahead of Rotherham, and above Coventry and Birmingham on goal difference with 2 games in hand.

It's losing to teams around us that's going to kill us.

• Like 3

Guest Therealrealist
11 minutes ago, Highbury Owl said:

Spineless team

Can't score goals

Sadly not

Correctamondo on all 3 counts I’m afraid

I'm amazed how easy people are accepting our fate , I'm quite pessamitic when it comes to Wednesday but bloody ell I'm not accepting us going down to Division 3 .... again.

Loads saying we are planning for league one with Moore and Chansiri has got the right man in .....have u all forgot it's Chansiri that has put us here with his total mismanagement of the club .....I said it before DM came in and I'll say it again , I will support us from my armchair now until Chansiri goes trouble is I could be waiting a long while.

• Like 4