Realistic Squad for League One

9 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i got past  that it was the sell luongo  that felled me ........ 

Look at what's been our issue for the past few seasons. Not selling our assets. Who do we realistically have who we can sell for good money? Iorfa and luongo, that's about it.

Just now, Al98 said:

Look at what's been our issue for the past few seasons. Not selling our assets. Who do we realistically have who we can sell for good money? Iorfa and luongo, that's about it.

who in there right mind would buy luongo ?........i doubt we could give away for free 

• Like 1

Depends who’s available in the summer. 

I understand peoples concerns about the ‘old guard’ but for instance Palmer is absolutely good enough to be a decent league 1 right back. 
When we were going for promotion he wasn’t good enough, but L1 is totally different. 

Tbh we’d be lucky to keep Lees in L1 on reduced wages, he’d get another side at champ level no problem. 

Reach may as well go to a club that will actually play him left wing and stay there, he will always be messed about at us and I think he needs to move on anyway

Westwood, I reckon he either signs for a club close to home, a reduced contract with us or calls it a day. If there’s a younger keeper who’s in the same ballpark for ability on the market let’s do that, but either way we can’t start the season with either JW or CD. So new keeper or KW.

Hutchinson, sign an extension but play the bloody lad at centre half and don’t move him. If he extends it can’t be as a DM. 

Rhodes it just hasn’t worked and won’t ever work. Move on

• Like 1

We’ve got no sellable assets really. Iorfa would be one but having been out all season his value will have deteriorated. Could maybe fetch a couple million for him if we get lucky. Luongo, Windass - maybe half a mill, I’m sure they could get lower end championship gigs. I dread to think what unfolds this summer 

Edited by FreshOwl

3 hours ago, Al98 said:

Sell Iorfa, Luongo, Borner and Dawson for a little bit of money to spend.

That’s quite optimistic. Borner might get a bit of interest but we’d have to have Iorfa and Luongo fit to sell them! Don’t see Dawson getting much interest either. 
If we did get Iorfa fit he’d be worth a few quid. Luongo’s career seems to have ended at Hillsborough. Christ knows what Chansiri will do when we go down. In any event it’s going to be a long road out of L1. 

10 hours ago, Themagiccap said:

Brennan would be a cheap option to retain 

lets ts not forget that £2.5M was the salary cap for league one. No way with the drop in revenue could we get Lees or Westwood to sign in league one

Any player signed whilst in the Championship,doest count towards the salary cap....which has been overturned currently anyway....

• Like 1

Massive revamp. Get as many out as possible.

If you look realistically then Starting in net. Westwood won’t be here, I’d get rid of Wildsmith and Dawson and bring in a new keeper.

The back line Iorfa Lees will go, Boerner I’ll go back to Germany. Sign up Urhoghide and Hutchinson there our CH pairing. Sign up Penney at LB. Try to get rid of Palmer as even tho it’s actually his level he has been part of the downward trajectory for too long so we need a RB.

Then apart from the youngsters we pretty much need a new team in front of them. At least 4 strikers. 7 midfielders and back up to the defenders. 

Huge job which We need to be working on now. 

12 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Massive revamp. Get as many out as possible.

If you look realistically then Starting in net. Westwood won’t be here, I’d get rid of Wildsmith and Dawson and bring in a new keeper.

The back line Iorfa Lees will go, Boerner I’ll go back to Germany. Sign up Urhoghide and Hutchinson there our CH pairing. Sign up Penney at LB. Try to get rid of Palmer as even tho it’s actually his level he has been part of the downward trajectory for too long so we need a RB.

Then apart from the youngsters we pretty much need a new team in front of them. At least 4 strikers. 7 midfielders and back up to the defenders. 

Huge job which We need to be working on now. 

Hutchinson wouldn't in my view stay uninjured,ditto WW, which is why i wouldn't want either.BB i would like to sell,to raise income....agree totally on the  other keeper's TL & Reach can go too,together with PP, VA,JR & the rest of them....

Mentally weak squad, I would keep Patterson,Windass, Uroghide,Harris....Lorfa(unless a good offer) 

The most important thing i would like however,is the current Chairman to leave,together with his 'advisors'

if this doesn't happen,it wont matter what players come in/out...

10 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Iorfa is too good for league 1.. Windass could be a squad player for half the championship so he’ll go too. We’re left with kids and garbage. 

Need a 2004 or 2011 style rebuild and even at league 1 level I’d guess at that costing about £5-10m which DC won’t have. Plus Sunderland and Ipswich have just been taken over so will have cash to spend which means we can’t have our pick of league 1 players.

Its a long long way back and even quite likely we could struggle 

Iorfa is too good for league 1 yes. But do you think Chansiri is suddenly going to start selling our best players? 

The likes of Brennan, Hunt and Galvin should all be offered new deals. These are cheap options who will all be fine in league one 

I’d expect Iorfa to be here till January at least. Can’t see him being fit until early in the new season anyway 

Piggott from Wimbledon would be near the top of my list. Out of contract in the summer and scores goals in that league

• Like 1

G/K

IORFA                                         UROGHUIDE                             

DUNLKLEY

(capt)                          

PLAMER

MOSES                HUNT                             DELE                       PENNEY          

WINDASS                                                AN OTHER

Just now, adelphi1867 said:

G/K

DUNLKLEY

(capt)                          

PLAMER

MOSES                HUNT                             DELE                       PENNEY          

Use £300k we get for the rest to bring in anew tea lady.

Think it’s time to look at who’s out of contract in the summer in the league one and two teams. 

Not that I think we’re in any position to cherry pick. Hopefully Sunderland go up so we’re more of a bigger fish....but we’re still not a majorly attractive club to sign for due to the circus behind the scenes.

One player I would be after though is Connor Ogilvie from Gillingham. Steady left back and loves a goal. 

1 hour ago, parajack said:

Hutchinson wouldn't in my view stay uninjured,ditto WW, which is why i wouldn't want either.BB i would like to sell,to raise income....agree totally on the  other keeper's TL & Reach can go too,together with PP, VA,JR & the rest of them....

Mentally weak squad, I would keep Patterson,Windass, Uroghide,Harris....Lorfa(unless a good offer) 

The most important thing i would like however,is the current Chairman to leave,together with his 'advisors'

if this doesn't happen,it wont matter what players come in/out...

At CB I think Hutchinson would be fine. Captain aswell and someone who could lead and also bring the best out of Uroghide or if he was to stay Iorfa.

Windass could be a decent striker at that level although I get the impression he thinks he should be higher. Patterson tries hard but he isn’t a good footballer. Need a fresh start so that for me is a no no. 

But like you say no chance this will happens unless the chairman changes or leaves and he won’t do either. 

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

G/K

DUNLKLEY

(capt)                          

PLAMER

GK

RB Iorfa/Uroghide Hutchinson Penney

RW CM CM LM

CF CF

Dunkley Dele Hunt and Possibly Windass as back up