Realistic Squad for League One

Hutchison, Lees,reach, bannan and Westwood all need showing the door

They stink of the place out 

Of been professional losers

We need fighters and players doing anything to win 

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

At CB I think Hutchinson would be fine. Captain aswell and someone who could lead and also bring the best out of Uroghide or if he was to stay Iorfa.

Windass could be a decent striker at that level although I get the impression he thinks he should be higher. Patterson tries hard but he isn’t a good footballer. Need a fresh start so that for me is a no no. 

But like you say no chance this will happens unless the chairman changes or leaves and he won’t do either. 

Look where Wigan are in Div 1...I think some posters think 1 season in Div 1,win easily every week & come back to the Championship,on a roll as 'Champions'...indeed this how i expect next season to be marketed,with ticket prices remaining the same...(Club asking fans to get behind a push to the Championship,by helping to put money into the Club,etc etc)

I believe myself without drastic change & almost total clearout of players,including BB,SH,& WW,PP,Dawson et al...that we will drop through the bottom of Div 1.....

The Chairman has burned his bridges at S6 in my view,& i personally would never attend a match whilst he remained.I said similar about SH & WW...nothing against them personally,but they represent a period of failure to achieve,and we simply must look to players who have something to prove,and can push us n,not down further

I could see all out of contract players going apart from the likes of Penney and maybe some of the young lads.

Regards to the contracted players - who is going to come in for Liam Palmer? Nothing against Liam but he stays for the following season. Assuming Iorfa gets back to fitness in the summer, someone will come in for him as he’s way too good for league 1. There may be suitors for Windass and Paterson but if I was a championship chairman or manager, I’d be looking at better options. 

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
42 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Hutchison, Lees,reach, bannan and Westwood all need showing the door

They stink of the place out 

Of been professional losers

We need fighters and players doing anything to win 

They’re the only decent players but they’ll all go when relegation is confirmed.

We will be left needing to bring in a whole new team and I doubt we will have the funds to do that given we can’t refund fans or pay players on time as it is

I think many underestimate how difficult it will be to recruit good players if we slide into L1 with all the mess behind the scenes at Wednesday / history of wages not getting paid etc.  

The expectation of signing  talented hungry youngsters who are willing to fight for the badge and give their all is a pipe dream.

We will be signing the dregs, the has beans, the never beans and the Gary Taylor-Fletcher’s.  Very sad times.

15 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Good shout.

I'd be reluctant to have anyone whose been part of the first team setup for 5 years or longer in this squad. A large part of our problem is mental fragility. Ship them out for our sake as well as theirs.

I'd let Palmer go. I think he's reached the limits of his potential with us. He's stagnated a bit and would probably do well with a new challenge elsewhere.

Same with Lees. He's been a good servant but he's not had a great time last two seasons

If we're starting again let's seize the moment and build a new culture as well as a team. You can't have too many of the old guard around for that to be successful.

I suspect if a decent offer came in for Bannan from one of the higher placed local clubs he'd be off as well.

A root and branch reset wouldn't be the worst thing to happen.

Keep Penney.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marro said:

I think many underestimate how difficult it will be to recruit good players if we slide into L1 with all the mess behind the scenes at Wednesday / history of wages not getting paid etc.  

The expectation of signing  talented hungry youngsters who are willing to fight for the badge and give their all is a pipe dream.

We will be signing the dregs, the has beans, the never beans and the Gary Taylor-Fletcher’s.  Very sad times.

Yep. Last time we signed Gary Teale, Chris Sedgwick, Clinton Morrison etc. All players on their way down and out. No way will we recruit young up and coming players. We'll sign old cloggers on comfy contracts then get shocked as to why they aren't playing at their full potential. 

We should really look at who Sunderland and Ipswich and Charlton are attracting. It's not much when you look. They've all struggled to adapt to League 1.

• Like 3

We need to build a team around the young uns tbh.

Uroghide

Brennan

Galvin

Hunt

We have some decent young lads. 

I don't think Iorfa will leave straight away so he could be like a new signing. He will probably leave in the Jan window for decent money if he proves his fitness. Same for Luongo. 

Bannan will be sold for a couple of million. 

Palmer should be moved on for a bit of money if possible. Same for both Dawson and Wildsmith.

Not really sure how many players that leaves?

Are Harris and Pelupessy still under contract?

3 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Yep. Last time we signed Gary Teale, Chris Sedgwick, Clinton Morrison etc. All players on their way down and out. No way will we recruit young up and coming players. We'll sign old cloggers on comfy contracts then get shocked as to why they aren't playing at their full potential. 

We should really look at who Sunderland and Ipswich and Charlton are attracting. It's not much when you look. They've all struggled to adapt to League 1.

So we sign players who are 1st division ready.

We dont need Prem or Champ players alone.