If you had to follow a Scottish football club who would it be?

Never really thought much about Scottish football but always remember that the New Year's Day fixtures in the 70 shined a light on it as there were no games that day in England. That would grab my attention and I kinda plunked for Motherwell with the amber shirts with diagonal stripe around '74-ish.

But the club colours are all interesting and different, Queens Park, Partick, Berwick, Hibs, Hearts combined with the grounds which all seemed so cosy and local, gave everything a community feel. All that appeals

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Forgot. Almost forgot, as you journey through Falkirk take a look at the Lock, lift wheel thing that lifts boats and barges up a level of about 30 foot. Really is a wonder of engineering. 

The Falkirk wheel is an amazing piece of engineering. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Correction - it was East Fife not East Stirling.

Dreadful place.

Seconded. Methil where East Fife play is a hell hole. A truly horrible place.

14 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Covid has scuppered my cross border sojourns the last couple of years but I was an occasional rather than regular visitor to St Mirren and Stenhousemuir . Ochilview Park is very welcoming attendances are in the region of 2 to 300 and the one refreshment stall copes very well with the demand. The scots pie thingies are superb. If you are peckish on arrival a couple of cafes serve Haggis and stovies but don't forget your Rennies.  The down side is Stenny have difficulty in finding the net on many occasions.   

I used to enjoy going to Ochilview too, the Wee Bar (that’s the bar’s actual name) near the stadium is great. I know a few Hearts fans that used to the same, my family included. Stenny are another club who play in maroon, they’re local, but after their carry on and their chairman’s comments this pre-season I won’t ever be back. I imagine nearly all Hearts fans will be the same. A shame.

5 hours ago, Rodger Wylde said:

Ross County.

My nephew is in their academy. I’ll be honest I prefer ICT in the Highlands over County and that has been confirmed this preseason.

Inverness helped Hearts out too when we were in administration donating some ticket money to help us when we were struggling. Partick did the same too and I’ve always quite liked them as a club. Glasgow’s best team.

Hearts have returned the favour for Inverness last week as ICT are struggling now. Our fans have bought over 7,000 virtual tickets for an upcoming game, it’s the only away game most of our fans have paid for TV streams for this season and the only club we’ve given money to, there’s a boycott of the other clubs. That boycott will last a long time and next season too when we’re back in the top flight. I imagine Hearts will only be buying tickets for Rangers next season.

With those sales for Inverness it has become the highest ever number of tickets sold from an away team at Inverness, and it breaks their attendance record for tickets sold at the Caledonian Stadium with Inverness fans included too. Inverness’ manager John Robertson is Hearts record goal scorer and he’s writing thank you letters to all of our fans. I bought 3 tickets for our family and should get mine in the post soon!

4 hours ago, sheffieldblue said:

Stranraer.

Been to Stair Park over 50 times and 30+ away grounds, as far away as Inverness, Dingwall, Elgin and Peterhead.

That’s an impressive number of grounds!

If I include European trips and friendlies I’m on 30+ away grounds watching Hearts too. I’m in the 20s for Scottish teams but I haven’t had the opportunity to go to as many due to us mainly being in the top flight and playing the same teams. If it wasn’t for the pandemic and the boycott I’d have tried to have crossed Morton off the list this season.

• Like 2

It’s nice to see some more love for Edinburgh’s biggest club on here. I’m a Foundation of Hearts member, and a season ticket holder.

Edinburgh has one of the most one sided derby records in world football, it’s the oldest derby in Scotland and one of the oldest in the UK too. Hearts completely dominate the fixture and have done since the 1870s. Even removing games at Tynecastle we’ve won considerably more Edinburgh derbies at their own ground than Hibs have over the years too.

Another fun Easter Road fact:

Despite not currently being in the same league as them, Hibs aren’t the last team to have won back to back to matches at Easter Road.

No prizes for guessing which club holds that prize either 🇱🇻 lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Scottish football has drawn my attention over the past few months, I might start watching a few matches when I get the chance. Also when I get back to playing Fifa I don't know whether to choose us, Motherwell or a team in League 2 on career mode haha.

7 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Great viewing them while youre eating a fried mars bar washed down with buckfast

7 hours ago, Spuddy01 said:

🤣 Only tried buckie once, it's vile!

My mum drinks it, me and my dad name it devil juice haha. It's disgusting, I don't know how people drink it. 

13 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

Despite not currently being in the same league as them, Hibs aren’t the last team to have won back to back to matches at Easter Road.

No prizes for guessing which club holds that prize either 🇱🇻 lol

Have you played at Easter Road twice since early October, Or have I misunderstood?

1 hour ago, punkskaphil said:

Have you played at Easter Road twice since early October, Or have I misunderstood?

No it’s prior to that. And it’s two league fixtures in a row at Easter Road I was talking about. Hearts have done that more recently there than Hibs. 

Hibs have won two in a row at home if you count a cup win against Brora 😆