If you had to follow a Scottish football club who would it be?

Rangers-I went to watch them once v Motherwell, was underwhelmed by the atmosphere to be honest I think because I was in their 'ultras' end which is really a load of dumb kids not really watching the game.

Hearts-like the badge and kit, created an incredible dynasty up there on football manager 2005 which end up with them building a new stadium named after me.

St Johnstone-I go to Perth quite often but have not been to a game get, ground looks a bit rubbish, ripped us off for Stevie May though lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I used to like Rangers as a kid when Gazza, Laudrup, etc played for them but as I’ve grown up I can’t be doing with the sectarian nonsense on both sides. 

If I had to choose a team, it’d probably be Partick Thistle, I’m a legend up there after winning the Champions League with them on Football Manager

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

Queen's Park. My Dad's team, though he wasn't a big football fan.

Also founded in 1867.

A few battles fought between Wednesday, All Sheffield V Queens Park in the pre League days that became an annual fixture for a while. There was also a great battle at Hillsborough that the Old timers used to rave on about in the 50's  between England and Scotland some 30 years or so before that England won by 5-4.  

• Thanks 2

Covid has scuppered my cross border sojourns the last couple of years but I was an occasional rather than regular visitor to St Mirren and Stenhousemuir . Ochilview Park is very welcoming attendances are in the region of 2 to 300 and the one refreshment stall copes very well with the demand. The scots pie thingies are superb. If you are peckish on arrival a couple of cafes serve Haggis and stovies but don't forget your Rennies.  The down side is Stenny have difficulty in finding the net on many occasions.   

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Covid has scuppered my cross border sojourns the last couple of years but I was an occasional rather than regular visitor to St Mirren and Stenhousemuir . Ochilview Park is very welcoming attendances are in the region of 2 to 300 and the one refreshment stall copes very well with the demand. The scots pie thingies are superb. If you are peckish on arrival a couple of cafes serve Haggis and stovies but don't forget your Rennies.  The down side is Stenny have difficulty in finding the net on many occasions.   

Forgot. Almost forgot, as you journey through Falkirk take a look at the Lock, lift wheel thing that lifts boats and barges up a level of about 30 foot. Really is a wonder of engineering. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Forgot. Almost forgot, as you journey through Falkirk take a look at the Lock, lift wheel thing that lifts boats and barges up a level of about 30 foot. Really is a wonder of engineering. 

May as well have a look at them Kelpies too while there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The only way is S6 said:

Raith Rovers. Stark’s Park. 

Had friends / workmates in Kirkcaldy & worked around Scotland based there. 
Was a great town in the 80’s, early 90’s.

Jimmy Nicholl has legendary status there. Good times. 

That's a picturesque ground, train goes right by it

• Like 1

Been Rangers since the 80's probably down to the kit colour and the team they had with Woods, Sounness, Butcher & McCoist. Success will have played a part as I was only a kid, not like I knew many Scottish teams at that time.

Had a soft spot for Gretna too when Dr Deuchar was banging them in for them, went t*ts up in the end though. 

Partick Thistle. Was told when working in Glasgow “Catholics support Celtic, Protestants support Rangers and anyone with a brain supports Partick!” 

When I asked why they have so few fans if that was the case he said “drive around Glasgow and you will understand very quickly!”

Have to say I work there a lot and it’s a great city with some great people. 

• Thanks 1

1970's you couldn't shift around the housing schemes for multiple footy games going on. By mid 1980's the rage was glue sniffing and worse as time progressed. So gradually the slim Jims, Willie Hendersons, Dalglishes and Denis Laws were replaced by a more unsavoury culture.

At the heart of this is the fact that we have learned little of understanding Housing and community need, Not just Glasgow or indeed Scotland but the UK in general todays new build will become the slums of tomorrow. Much of the new build are becoming financial millstones rather than assets of value and so a home with a mortgage that has no value becomes your prison. A sink plug hole from which there is no escape !   

Always followed Berwick Rangers as they are English.  Stranraer, Used to know the stadium (!!!) announcer so I went to see them play Queen of the South once.   Fun fact, Stranraer were the last league club to erect floodlights in Scotland and Chesterfield were the last in England. Good quiz question !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1