Swansea game

Coventry’s and Millwall’s pitch make ours look like the Etihad.

Unless the weather goes wild it’ll be on.

Flippin tough game. Hourihane and Ayew a class above a championship  level. Need to cut out all those 20 yard free-kicks too. They’ll use them.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Coventry’s and Millwall’s pitch make ours look like the Etihad.

Unless the weather goes wild it’ll be on.

Flippin tough game. Hourihane and Ayew a class above a championship  level. Need to cut out all those 20 yard free-kicks too. They’ll use them.

I’d snap your off for a gritty 0-0. 

• Like 6

Given Swansea's current form I will expect an away win, anything else will be a huge surprise and make me highly delighted. 

Not saying we can't win as we are grinding out results but the realistic approach is not to be surprised if we do lose. 

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

Given Swansea's current form I will expect an away win, anything else will be a huge surprise and make me highly delighted. 

Not saying we can't win as we are grinding out results but the realistic approach is not to be surprised if we do lose. 

Not so sure. It will be interesting how strong a side they put out against man city tonight.  As Extra rest day could give us an advantage.

Last two times we have played them they have been close games, fancy our chances of getting a result will get bartered at Stoke next mid eek though

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl

Couple of tough games coming up. I’d not be surprised with losses against both Swansea and Stoke to be honest. We are much improved but both of those teams could do us if we aren’t at our best. As long as we continue to compete I’ll be happy. It’s a long road out of the danger zone and the road ain’t going to be smooth!

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Considering the state of the pitch do we think this will go ahead?

Why wouldn't it.?  Games were played on far, far worse back in the 70' and 80's and never got cancelled. Players are too bloody pampered these days. 

• Like 3

Can't see anything but an away win and won't be too disappointed if we lose. 

They're playing some good football and we'll do well to isolate Ayew. 

Would love a scrappy 0-0 with some key defending. Think Dunkley, Urhoghide and Lees need to be our back 3. Think they're our best options at the back

Edited by HootHoot

I think the pitch could play a crucial part, they won’t be able to play their style on it for sure. Swansea playing tonight may make them leggy. Their league run needs to come to an end to, so you never know! 

If it was the other way around, it’s a game we’d struggle in
UTO