Swansea game

The first half against Swansea at their place was the best we’d played all season at that point (not saying much I know)

I think we can get something out of the game if we play on the front foot like we did in that first half — obviously Swansea have some quality players so we’ll need to defend well, another draw against them would be a decent result 

3 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

The first half against Swansea at their place was the best we’d played all season at that point (not saying much I know)

I think we can get something out of the game if we play on the front foot like we did in that first half — obviously Swansea have some quality players so we’ll need to defend well, another draw against them would be a decent result 

I'm much more confident of getting a positive result against Swansea who are on form but let you play than I am getting anything against Stoke next week who are I awful form but will bully us.

Best performances have come against better footballing sides like Norwich, Bournemouth etc.

Need to be positive on Saturday and get at them like we did away

Swansea playing tonight, so probably won't train tomorrow, and will travel on Friday, so not the best preparation. Having played last night and being at home, we have a better window to prepare and an extra day's rest.

In addition, we've played (and won) on the pitch last night, so we know what to expect.

Possibly straw clutching, but the above should work in our favour.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

I'm much more confident of getting a positive result against Swansea who are on form but let you play than I am getting anything against Stoke next week who are I awful form but will bully us.

Best performances have come against better footballing sides like Norwich, Bournemouth etc.

Need to be positive on Saturday and get at them like we did away

Yeah the Stoke game will be tough... and to make matters worse, they haven’t won since before Xmas

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Coventry’s and Millwall’s pitch make ours look like the Etihad.

Unless the weather goes wild it’ll be on.

Flippin tough game. Hourihane and Ayew a class above a championship  level. Need to cut out all those 20 yard free-kicks too. They’ll use them.

Past two times we’ve come up against Ayew he’s ran us ragged. Too good for this level. 

1 hour ago, beswetherick said:

Agreed. I thought that was a very good performance and made me quite optimistic about life under Pulis. Wonder what went wrong.

Extra time and Penners tonight please!!

120 minutes chasing city around is not ideal preparation to face the greying Adonis that is Paterson. Particularly when our pitch is likely to be like a ploughed field. 

We might just have a shout in this one (4-0 defeat incoming obvs)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HootHoot said:

Can't see anything but an away win and won't be too disappointed if we lose. 

They're playing some good football and we'll do well to isolate Ayew. 

Would love a scrappy 0-0 with some key defending. Think Dunkley, Urhoghide and Lees need to be our back 3. Think they're our best options at the back

They play a back 3 too dont they. I wonder if we will change up our formation and go with 2 banks of 4 and try and double up on there wing backs when we get the ball. They will have most of it but as others have said the pitch will help us more than them. Be interesting.

I am going to watch Swansea game this evening.

Hope they have a real hard game I certainly want it to go to extra time.

Then if weather closes in and they have 7 hour drive from Swansea to Sheffield before game.

I then hope we play high tempo game on sticky pitch just to test their wellbeing. 

Last Saturday we went to Millwall and ran out of steam after 35 minutes having had trip to Bournemouth mid week. This illustrated what effects mid week games can have.

I suspect Swansea will want to impress against Manchester City so will definitely try hard it is a pity it is not an away game as that would have helped our cause more. 

3 minutes ago, Quist said:

I am going to watch Swansea game this evening.

Hope they have a real hard game I certainly want it to go to extra time.

Then if weather closes in and they have 7 hour drive from Swansea to Sheffield before game.

I then hope we play high tempo game on sticky pitch just to test their wellbeing. 

Last Saturday we went to Millwall and ran out of steam after 35 minutes having had trip to Bournemouth mid week. This illustrated what effects mid week games can have.

I suspect Swansea will want to impress against Manchester City so will definitely try hard it is a pity it is not an away game as that would have helped our cause more. 

If it was in Manchester they probably would have stayed up north until Saturday, so probs wouldn’t have mattered I’d expect? 

Must admit, don't know much about Swansea..

But I'm thinking they will play a weakened side..

If the positions were reversed I'm sure we would (homing in on autos, that is)

No doubt that would make some fans angry mad but can see both sides of the argument.

Way I would see it, not much chance at city even at full strength...