Swansea game

3 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Must admit, don't know much about Swansea..

But I'm thinking they will play a weakened side..

If the positions were reversed I'm sure we would (homing in on autos, that is)

No doubt that would make some fans angry mad but can see both sides of the argument.

Way I would see it, not much chance at city even at full strength...

They are garbage. Losing 3-0 to some team or other right now.

Some blokes called Sterling, Walker and Jesus have scored.

20 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Coventry’s and Millwall’s pitch make ours look like the Etihad.

Unless the weather goes wild it’ll be on.

Flippin tough game. Hourihane and Ayew a class above a championship  level. Need to cut out all those 20 yard free-kicks too. They’ll use them.

Watching the FA cup match yesterday makes me nervous for Saturday. Swansea are a good side.

If we're committed, organised and get stuck in I'd fancy us getting something out of the game. Especially as the pitch may do us a favour. 

If we don't I can see milwall over again and we'll get rolled over by them. 

A point would be good and carry the unbeaten run on which is great for confidence and will do us a world of good. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

If we're committed, organised and get stuck in I'd fancy us getting something out of the game. Especially as the pitch may do us a favour. 

If we don't I can see milwall over again and we'll get rolled over by them. 

A point would be good and carry the unbeaten run on which is great for confidence and will do us a world of good. 

Think that defensive set up will start from the front with strikers closing down their defenders with the ball, so fully expect either Windass or cowabunga to start and to work their nuts off for the first 60 minutes then be subbed

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Think that defensive set up will start from the front with strikers closing down their defenders with the ball, so fully expect either Windass or cowabunga to start and to work their nuts off for the first 60 minutes then be subbed

Makes sense, Thompson said there was a lot of tired legs in the squad, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him change the two up top. Then bring Rhodes and Patterson on when legs get tired on what will highly likely be a very heavy energy sapping pitch. 

1 minute ago, shezzas left peg said:

Makes sense, Thompson said there was a lot of tired legs in the squad, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him change the two up top. Then bring Rhodes and Patterson on when legs get tired on what will highly likely be a very heavy energy sapping pitch. 

And maybe the same with the wingbacks? Feels like a pre-planned substitutions to use the 5 available may be in play

Just now, nbupperthongowl said:

And maybe the same with the wingbacks? Feels like a pre-planned substitutions to use the 5 available may be in play

Both reach and Harris for their usual failings such as reach being a more of a lamb than a lion as the quote goes, but both for me are probably top end of the fittest players in the squad, so I think he'll start them. They're also beginning to click now, so I'd try to capitalise on that upturn in form, but I'll agree that hopefully we'll get ourselves In a position to rest one or both before the end of the game. 

6 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

While I agree, attack is also the best form of defence and we are at home and have BATTERED the last FIVE teams to show up. I think Patto and Kowerbunga for 60 mins and then a straight swap for Rhodes and Windass. The rest of the team stays the same for me. If we can brake with speed, Swansea won’t have as many defenders back as Wycombe. A quality ball in the box and bingo. Either way, we need to set up to score goals and trust our defenders to defend.

We need to make sure we don’t get the same overloads, on the break after our corners. Swansea would have scored from one or two of those.

55 minutes ago, Pieman said:

That would be a huge mistake. Prior to Tuesday, In the previous 3 games, Reach has been our opponents best player.

I agree I personally would not play reach in CM again he plays on left or not at all. However I think Thompson will play him there just for his energy levels