Reachy and bazza..how will they be looked backed on??

Guest Therealrealist

2 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Not exactly hard to be one of the better players. We’ve been absolutely crap for the last 25years. 

We've been crap over a few years during this period, but not in the years we were pushing for promotion to the premier league.

19 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Indeed. All of that but also that we needed quality in with a natural left foot....we were very one sided as I remember.

Our winger with a quality left foot was playing on the right "Wallace" 

We played inverted wingers. Hence the right footed Nando on the left. 

Plus bazza was better on the left, as he dosent score goals, or get in the box enough. We needed a good solid cm to play alongside Lee and compete with hutch. Bazza should have been kept as a left sided playmaker. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ronnie Starling said:

Maybe they have a sweepstake to see how many corners it will take for Bannan to eventually beat the first man.

You seem to be really struggling with a really simple question?

If Bannan is that bad at corners why does every manager make him the corner taker?

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, Gresh said:

We've been crap over a few years during this period, but not in the years we were pushing for promotion to the premier league.

“Pushing for promotion to the PL” 😂😂

We’ve been crap every year. Our highest point is finishing 6th and 4th in the second tier of English football in the last 25 years. Don’t try and make out we are a successful club just on a poor run. 

• Love 1

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

You seem to be really struggling with a really simple question?

If Bannan is that bad at corners why does every manager make him the corner taker?

So are you saying his corners are good??

Reach, I was disappointed when we signed him, we needed someone with speed and strength, we got meh........for 5m we could have signed better, a lot better, not his fault, but I for one wont miss him.

Barry Bannan, the enigma......neither a defensive midfielder or an attacking one, has great skill on the ball and can pick a pass, but isn't offence enough for the role he plays, can't shoot, but decent at pens, again not really what we needed at the time, we should have signed Conor Hourihane.

BUT.....he's been a bit of a hero this season imho, running himself ragged giving it a go, can't fault him for that, so leaves with my blessing and hopes he finds a team that needs his skill set.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The people who don’t rate Bannan and Reach are same Wednesday fans who didn’t like Antonio or Chris Brunt or Glenn Whelan.

Wednesday fans can’t spot a good player for toffee. Similar to our recruitment team. 

I like bazza as a left sided midfielder, it limits his negatives and gives him space to exploit his positives, such as his passing range. 

I don't rate him as a cm, probably for me one of the reasons we were better and got better results more consistently with bazza out left and hutch & Lee as the central platform. 

5 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

I like bazza as a left sided midfielder, it limits his negatives and gives him space to exploit his positives, such as his passing range. 

I don't rate him as a cm, probably for me one of the reasons we were better and got better results more consistently with bazza out left and hutch & Lee as the central platform. 

Or the fact that all the players were twenty years younger back then

lol

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, 83owl said:

“Pushing for promotion to the PL” 😂😂

We’ve been crap every year. Our highest point is finishing 6th and 4th in the second tier of English football in the last 25 years. Don’t try and make out we are a successful club just on a poor run. 

Never said we were successful, but hardly makes us crap for the last 25 years.  The initial question posed was that Bannan was considered to be a great player. My opinion is that he is a current day great, especially in the 2 years that you've quoted.

55 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The people who don’t rate Bannan and Reach are same Wednesday fans who didn’t like Antonio or Chris Brunt or Glenn Whelan.

Wednesday fans can’t spot a good player for toffee. Similar to our recruitment team. 

Don't really understand why you'd even think that first bit, but anyway there is also expectations to consider, we had no money to spend in the Brunt and Whelan era and only 350k max in the Antonio one, so for the position we were in all three were excellent signings, I think almost everyone would agree.

But with money to spend, if we'd had a functioning chairman and a scouting team we surely wouldn't have paid 5m for Reach, even 1m was stretching it........Barry was an undisclosed fee and a one year deal, so I'm letting him off as I doubt it was a fortune.

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
41 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's not try that distraction technique mate - I'm too old in the tooth to fall for it

I just asked a simple question "If Bannan is that bad at corners why does every manager make him the corner taker?"

'Distraction technique' lol

Guest wilyfox
28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Or the fact that all the players were twenty years younger back then

lol

what was your reply to me in the Uber positivity thread? I didn’t get the chance to read before it disappeared.

lol