Form Table Since Thompson Took Over

2 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

The concerning part of the table is that those around us have picked up some form. We need a few teams to absolutely nosedive.

But plenty of teams above them in dire form. There are always a couple of teams who cannot buy a win and drop like a stone.

Edited by Pieman
  • Like 1

I wasn't convinced after the first couple of results at all.

We were passive, negative in our mindset and fortunate to gain the points we did.

After the Coventry shambles, then I felt we needed to get a manager in sharpish.

However, there's been a definite shift in mindset following that Coventry game. We lined up with two strikers (and played them as such!) against Preston, looked to ask questions and got a good victory. 

And tonight, although I've only seen glimpses of it, by all accounts, we've been positive once again, lined up with two strikers, defended well and looked to asked Bournemouth questions. 

That's encouraging. I wouldn't be making any kneejerk decisions if I was Chansiri (when does he?!)...but on the same score, I've definitely changed my opinion on the need to get in a manager ASAP. 

Two huge games coming up. Four points out of those and we'll have given ourselves a real fighting chance.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

The concerning part of the table is that those around us have picked up some form. We need a few teams to absolutely nosedive.

You could say that bit o genuinely think Derby and Forest will get out of the scrap quite quickly. 

We need to keep picking points up and then wait for the inevitable mid table sides to start dropping down. 

It’s very much a case of focussing, fighting for every point and seeing where we are in 10 games. 

I reckon we should just have a series of consecutive caretakers on 10 game contracts.

Maximize the honeymoon periods, keeps it fresh and keeps players on their toes. Imagine being an opposite, you couldn’t prepare.

You could get rid of season tickets and sell them in 10 game bundles.

The Thompson bundle

The Weaver bundle

The Bullen bundle 

The Chansiri bundle

etc etc

It’s the future, I’m sure of it.

DC

• Haha 3