Sam Hutchinson re-signs - OFFICIAL

16 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

In truth, it's not that fans have anything against Hutch.

It's that we've spent several hundred million pounds, so you don't expect this sort of thing to be happening.

But the money has been badly spent, the recruitment has been bob, and we're skint.

It's the system, and until Chansiri brings in a DOF, dispenses with his advisors and let's a manager manage we'll continue to be down in brown.

Yes, the more I think about it, if Hutch comes into defence until the end of the season on a low wage, or matches played basis, he could end up being nothing other than a universal hero with us all worshipping him if we survive by one point!

Reflecting on Hutchinson's return, if nothing else brings another experienced and big character into the dressing room. 

If Thompson to remain, as looks likely, increased pressure on senior pros like Bannan, Dunkley to do their bit and Hutchinson wont be shy to be vocal and lead by example.

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Reflecting on Hutchinson's return, if nothing else brings another experienced and big character into the dressing room. 

If Thompson to remain, as looks likely, increased pressure on senior pros like Bannan, Dunkley to do their bit and Hutchinson wont be shy to be vocal and lead by example.

Gonna take one heeeelllll of an effort to get out of this situation we're in. 

Need to hope these guys can do their bit to drag the younger members along with them. 

Personally feel Derby and Forest are going to get too many points and that our main challenge will be with Rotherham, Wycombe and Coventry. Oh i cant wait for Wednesdays game against them.....:(

• Like 1

I noticed that on the eve of Hutch’s return, Liam Shaw appeared nowhere in the matchday squad last night.

I’ve heard a rumour that’s because we’ve brought Hutch back because we’ll have a gap after having received a 7 figure offer for Shaw. The Shaw money will be used to bring in a striker, which will lead to Windass being released to go to West Brom for another 7 figure sum, which will allow us to bring in some young lad from Crewe at left back, that will allow Van Aken to sign for Mechelen for £500,000. 

All this has happened on the advice of our returning manager, Stuart Gray. 

Progress is a wonderful thing. The new striker is Gary Madine btw. He’s currently playing for Blackpool and has a Nandos franchise in Lytham

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

So all the ex-pundits and players giving this move the thumbs up are wrong?

You know, people who have actually shared a dressing room with Hutchinson for years and will know what he’s like to play with and train with. They’re all wrong?

I am not saying anything of the kind mate, only that in these days of so many disingenuous, sycophantic and thick people in the actual news headlines (and I would list the last president of the USA amongst that number), I put more faith over what I have seen with my own eyes and remembered with my own brain, over what a load of social media reliant footballers, ex-footballers and their chums say to each other and about each other, with their limited sentences and emojis! Trusting them and their judgement over my own as often as i would quote the deep philosophies of Erik Alonso!

As somebody once sang, they're just... show business kids making movies, of themselves you know they, don't give a f**k about anybody else...

Anyone who think it’s a poor move bringing him back in the current situation is absolutely off there rocker 

Brilliant cover for centre half aswell

23 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Gonna take one heeeelllll of an effort to get out of this situation we're in. 

Need to hope these guys can do their bit to drag the younger members along with them. 

Personally feel Derby and Forest are going to get too many points and that our main challenge will be with Rotherham, Wycombe and Coventry. Oh i cant wait for Wednesdays game against them.....:(

I would include Birmingham and QPR, both have been dreadful on many occasions this season. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Millwall slipped down into trouble as well. 

he's a good player who'll strengthen the squad and for free on a contract that you'd  thinkwould be considerably less than what he was on before . ....i doubt we'd have got anyone as good on those terms .

Edited by torryowl
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

The only question I have is the list of players DC is working with - all seem to be the same list of players that Pulis wanted. All we need now is Bolasie from Everton, Harrison from Spurs and Jordon Hugill and we have all of Tony's appointment.  

Pulis also said he wanted Hutch and green to sign.

Would probably sell my left kidney to get Hugill! Or better still flog one of Marriot's or Brown's, definitely get some use out of them then...