Sam Hutchinson re-signs - OFFICIAL

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No no no. He’s a BAD egg. Why is everyone at the club happy he’s back? Reyt confusing!!

It is isn’t it? I could quote one user in here who constantly slagged off Hutch, described him as a bad influence, said he was a troublecauser, yet has picked up shedloads of plusses for saying we need him back.

Two faced? Much. Too professional to name names but he’s one of the most irritating, argumentative, and boring posters on Owls Talk.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Well somehow we've managed to fight off every other club clamouring for his signature since his 5 game spell at a pub team in Cyprus with three yellows and a red card in those games.

Proof once again that our elaborate and expensive recruitment team and footballing advisors are way ahead of their time

Looking at this all wrong - he's been on warm weather training since August and it's all part of the masterplan bringing him back for the remainder of the season all energetic and injury free 😉

Guest mrbluesky
18 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No no no. He’s a BAD egg. Why is everyone at the club happy he’s back? Reyt confusing!!

I'm just happy, nothing to do with him coming back, I'm just happy.

35 minutes ago, Yorkowl.74 said:

He’s already taken monks picture off the wall and had a s**t on it.

I guess people do things with the best of intentions.

Our squad did need freshening up, to be fair to Monk, but the problem is that we're too weak at the moment to do it.

And we can't spend, which makes matters even worse.

The likes of FF and Fletcher had to go, because of their wages, but those on lesser wages could have been retained to see us through until we were allowed to spend again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sefton owl said:

In what sense? 

The fact that we stupidly let him go or that you don’t rate him anymore? 

I suspect the former

Not conducive to moving forward. The money in wages would have been better spent on a young upcoming player and not an old duffer who hasn't played our level of Football for over a year.

Our fans are obsessed with past players and would rather have a team of former cult heroes than a young upcoming side  brought on from the lower leagues. We never learn and then wonder why we are rank. Hutchinson was average when he was here previously and i can't see a spell at a holiday camp improving a 31 year old already struggling with long term injuries. A complete waste of any wage in my eyes no matter how small when it could be invested more wisely.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

It is isn’t it? I could quote one user in here who constantly slagged off Hutch, described him as a bad influence, said he was a troublecauser, yet has picked up shedloads of plusses for saying we need him back.

Two faced? Much. Too professional to name names but he’s one of the most irritating, argumentative, and boring posters on Owls Talk.

Perhaps they listened to reasoned argument and changed their mind?

:ph34r:

3 hours ago, Lee A said:

Pelupessy has been the least of our problems this season to be honest. 

I don't like the re-signing of Hutchinson, the whole thing stinks of desperation,   but we are clearly desperate,  so long as he doesn't act the prat, is on cheap wages and is used as a cover CB leaving Shaw in midfield.

It's another body for the battle at least.  

This....

Pelupessy has been fairly solid this season so far. Not the best by any stretch, but also defo not the worst.

If Hutchinson has still got it in him to compete at this level and is here to predominantly compete for a CB shirt, and is not on big money, then im all for it. However, I dont want Shaw to suddenly end up not playing just to accomdate Hutchinson in midfield.

I wont lie, I am a bit worried Hutch might not really be up to it any more after the whole Cyprus thing. That and the fact that nobody else in the UK took a punt on him either before or recently. Lets just hope he just hated it in Cyprus nd that why he left early. Last thing we want now is someone who isnt able to better that than which we already have.

regardless, Good luck to the lad and heres hoping he comes good for us and helps us improve.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Prince said:

Not conducive to moving forward. The money in wages would have been better spent on a young upcoming player and not an old duffer who hasn't played our level of Football for over a year.

Our fans are obsessed with past players and would rather have a team of former cult heroes than a young upcoming side  brought on from the lower leagues. We never learn and then wonder why we are rank. Hutchinson was average when he was here previously and i can't see a spell at a holiday camp improving a 31 year old already struggling with long term injuries. A complete waste of any wage in my eyes no matter how small when it could be invested more wisely.

But by the same token, I'd rather we focused on young up and coming players in the summer when were not in the midst of a huge relegation battle. 

I totally agree we need youth and to move forward, but this is a 4 month dogfight. 

The fact he's signed to the end of the season (with an option to extend) is in our favour here.

Guest Therealrealist

I follow sales will go thru the roof to watch the return of 'the hutch'..this deal will pay for itself..why cant it be wednesday night NOW 🏆😇

2 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

But by the same token, I'd rather we focused on young up and coming players in the summer when were not in the midst of a huge relegation battle. 

I totally agree we need youth and to move forward, but this is a 4 month dogfight. 

The fact he's signed to the end of the season (with an option to extend) is in our favour here.

Another injury prone leech on our scant resources.

Sentimental FC should be our new name, I was going to say going forward but some fans will never progress.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1