Sam Hutchinson re-signs - OFFICIAL

In truth, it's not that fans have anything against Hutch.

It's that we've spent several hundred million pounds, so you don't expect this sort of thing to be happening.

But the money has been badly spent, the recruitment has been bob, and we're skint.

It's the system, and until Chansiri brings in a DOF, dispenses with his advisors and let's a manager manage we'll continue to be down in brown.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Knowledgeable journalist.

Dom Howson

The pros far outweigh the cons in the Owls re-signing Sam Hutchinson.

For a start, he can play multiple positions. We all know Hutchinson kicked off his career at centre-back before he reinvented himself as a defensive midfielder. He also figured at right-back during his previous Hillsborough spell.

His versatility will be a big, big asset for the Owls in the club's battle to preserve their Championship status. The fixture schedule is non-stop for Wednesday between now and Easter. There are no blank weeks, meaning the Owls' management team will have to carefully and efficiently manage the players' workloads.

The reality is Wednesday do not have the biggest of squads and injuries have also hit them hard this season. Hutchinson's impending arrival provides them with extra strength in depth. Wherever he is asked to play, Hutchinson always gives his all.

Hutchinson is not coming in to play every match. He will be a squad player.

Post the reply from his mate at the Yorkshire Post from the same article

Owlstalk Shop

53 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Here is how ex-Wednesday goalkeeper and and all round top bloke and top professional Chris Kirkland has responded to the news that trouble maker and bad egg Sam Hutchinson has re-signed for Sheffield Wednesday. Again surely sarcasm? Top bantz from Kirkland.

To be fair Kirky was known for his goalkeeping skills not for his bang on punditry regarding other footballers managers etc etc etc. As for the other list of people giving him the thumbs up, there are not too many there that are in the team now who played that many games with him. Surely if us Owlstalk members do not respect each others opinions on here we are certainly not going to respect those of other footballers are we!

lol

• Haha 1

Just now, Athelwulf said:

In truth, it's not that fans have anything against Hutch.

It's that we've spent several hundred million pounds, so you don't expect this sort of thing to be happening.

But the money has been badly spent, the recruitment has been bob, and we're skint.

It's the system, and until Chansiri brings in a DOF, dispenses with his advisors and let's a manager manage we'll continue to be down in brown.

How much of that was on the playing side? 

He’s put a lot of money in, but aside from Rhodes I can’t think of anyone we’ve spent big money on 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

When I made this daft movie poster almost 4 years ago to the day, I'd never have predicted that Hutchinson's Wednesday career would turn out to have more twists and turns that the movie I was spoofing...

Interception.png.161558820b666cf946618c3c61a744ce.png

Or that he would have caught a nasty cold and missed half a dozen games wading through cold water for your stupid picture! Shame on you, flaunting your evil devil's-work

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

How much of that was on the playing side? 

He’s put a lot of money in, but aside from Rhodes I can’t think of anyone we’ve spent big money on 

Now you're asking.

We did have a lot of players, mind.

When Carlos left I believe we'd 34 or so.

The wage bill must have been very tasty.

7 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

To be fair Kirky was known for his goalkeeping skills not for his bang on punditry regarding other footballers managers etc etc etc. As for the other list of people giving him the thumbs up, there are not too many there that are in the team now who played that many games with him. Surely if us Owlstalk members do not respect each others opinions on here we are certainly not going to respect those of other footballers are we!

lol

So all the ex-pundits and players giving this move the thumbs up are wrong?

You know, people who have actually shared a dressing room with Hutchinson for years and will know what he’s like to play with and train with. They’re all wrong?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Or that he would have caught a nasty cold and missed half a dozen games wading through cold water for your stupid picture! Shame on you, flaunting your evil devil's-work

Only kidding, the camera work is excellent, it's just the outcome I'm not too keen on!