Depressing watch.

Guest mrbluesky

10 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

See, there you go again, relax.

You appear to have been so relaxed for the last 30 years that you don’t realise  that Wednesday aren’t in the top division any more.

Are you Rip Van Winkle in disguise?

lol

Having read this thread I had to go back and read the OP again because I didn't think he was being understood.

I don't think he was expecting to beat Everton tonight.

I think he's saying that we are a poor bottom of the championship side that has an unbalanced squad and a caretaker coach and our level of football is consequently dire.

I agree we've fallen a long way in the last 30 years and arguably even in the last 5 from a promising come-back position.

If that's not what he meant, he should have. 😇😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rev Owl said:

Having read this thread I had to go back and read the OP again because I didn't think he was being understood.

I think he's saying that we are a poor bottom of the championship side that has an unbalanced squad and a caretaker coach and our level of football is consequently dire.

I agree we've fallen a long way in the last 30 years and arguably even in the last 5 from a promising come-back position.

Everyone knows we’ve fallen over the last 30 years. That isn’t in doubt. What bemuses me is why someone chooses tonight to go on a depressed rant about it when our decimated makeshift team did as well as they  could, and much better than many had forecast. 

What was the point other than the OP attempting a personal best on the Flounce-ometer?
How does it help?

What does it change?  

Maybe the OP feels better for getting it off his chest?

Maybe he’ll be full of positivity in the morning?

If you are of a nervous disposition then maybe following Wednesday isn’t the best option for you.

Goodnight, don’t have nightmares, sleep well.

Guest mrbluesky
5 hours ago, Key said:

You appear to have been so relaxed for the last 30 years that you don’t realise  that Wednesday aren’t in the top division any more.

Are you Rip Van Winkle in disguise?

lol

5 hours ago, Key said:

Everyone knows we’ve fallen over the last 30 years. That isn’t in doubt. What bemuses me is why someone chooses tonight to go on a depressed rant about it when our decimated makeshift team did as well as they  could, and much better than many had forecast. 

What was the point other than the OP attempting a personal best on the Flounce-ometer?
How does it help?

What does it change?  

Maybe the OP feels better for getting it off his chest?

Maybe he’ll be full of positivity in the morning?

If you are of a nervous disposition then maybe following Wednesday isn’t the best option for you.

Goodnight, don’t have nightmares, sleep well.

See, you little monkey, you can ...eventually get it, someone spelt it out for you, but that matters not, now stop being so triggered and...relax

lol

Guest mrbluesky
5 hours ago, Rev Owl said:

Perfectly put, and thanks for educating Key

lol

We all like a good defeat on this site to moan about.

And as defeats go, it wasn't at all bad.

If we'd lost narrowly we could have rued our luck for not getting a draw, and if we'd been thrashed 5-0 there'd have been meltdown.

No, in my opinion a thoroughly satisfying reverse.

lol

I understand what the OP was saying, was watching the game with my lads and was making similar comments. 

So none of it was the game itself, that sort of played out as expected. It was more the commentary referencing the games of my youth v Everton. They themselves were a top side, we had games against them where we matched them if never quite overcome them (like Arsenal)

They all say how nice it would be if we were back at that level. Then you look where we are, on and off the pitch and how far we are from it. 

Its the fact we have gone backwards over the last 6 years despite £200m plus thrown at it that I found both depressing but not actually unexpected

8 hours ago, Blue_&_white_wizards said:

Completely disagree, once the second goal went in it was game over but the first half we showed some really good play.

Everton are a very good team... stuff to work on but some positives after Pulis ball. Green looks a different threat when he gets up to speed.

Bazza and Reach looked very good in patches tonight

Exactly! We showed some decent quality at times in the first half, definitely positives to take from that performance up until their 2nd and 3rd, compare the quality of the two teams and Everton are also in decent form.

I said to my mrs before the game anything less than 3-0 is ok with me, I feared a drubbing , they have some serious talent v our collection of kids and pub players .

The first half was encouraging but the inevitable difference in class, experience and fitness told.

Nice and terribly sad to hear nostalgic comments from the commentators, most of the young lads on here won't have a clue how respected we once were 

our present demise is a disgrace but entirely expected given the ownership 

but I think we can take a few positives from some of the young lads last night it's our way forward 

8 hours ago, Rodger Wylde said:

What's depressing is that in these situations it's always a complete non contest. Always.

You can argue all you like that we had some youngsters playing and that we're generally poor, but when you see non league teams and league two teams putting up a much better fight of it, then it just compounds the embarrassment.

think the gulf is bigger between international players and championship players tbh rather than non league teams and league two. 

Guest Bulgaria
8 hours ago, Key said:

Good luck to Luton and Brentford in the next round eh? If only we could have got the same result as them against Prem opposition.

:ghoulguy:

I watched both of their games and I can assure you that along with Chorley and Cheltenham gave their opponents much more trouble than we ever did against Everton.

That's the point.

We were non existent, especially second half.

Miles better than what I anticipated. We played really well in the first half. They went up a couple of gears in the second half and the gulf in class showed but they are a top 6 side and littered with international players and we are a bottom end championship side littered with freebies and loans. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kobayashi said:

Depressingly predictable...although you cannot expect to win games like this but  now and then other teams do but never Wednesday. We don’t even try to win we just go through the motions.

Didn't we win away at a Premier League club in the cup last season?

• Haha 1