Depressing watch.

Guest mrbluesky

What a bizarre thing to say? What did you expect against that Everton team? When we had 4/5 players in that don’t start regular, first half we did ok, a mean it’s not like they got two goals assisted by a player from Real Madrid come on, it’s the defeats to the Wycombes and Luton’s that depress me with players you’ve never heard of 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest mrbluesky
2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The decline since when?

Have you not been watching us since Boxing Day 2019? 

The first half today was better than the majority of performances against inferior opposition since then! 

Another one, the decline was before 2019 🤦‍♂️ 

3 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

For the ones struggling...

THE STANDARD OF FOOTBALL

lol

Think it’s you who’s struggling with the basic fact that, unlike Everton, we are not currently a top 6 Prem club. You need to manage your expectations; or prepare to be very disappointed for at least the next couple of seasons!

lol

Guest mrbluesky
Just now, kobayashi said:

Depressingly predictable...although you cannot expect to win games like this but  now and then other teams do but never Wednesday. We don’t even try to win we just go through the motions.

We don’t have the standard to do it tbh

Just now, mrbluesky said:

Another one, the decline was before 2019 🤦‍♂️ 

I know.

But what is the point in starting another thread about it now in that case? It's not as if todays performance was the worst in the last 2 or 3 years.

Guest mrbluesky
Just now, Key said:

Think it’s you who’s struggling with the basic fact that, unlike Everton, we are not currently a top 6 Prem club. You need to manage your expectations; or prepare to be very disappointed for at least the next couple of seasons!

lol

Christ, still not getting it lol

I said it a couple of weeks ago and I'll repeat it now. This is not the club I fell in love with as a kid. What I see is a few good people at the club fighting to restore some semblance of pride.

DC has presided over the systemic destruction of this clubs identity and he will pay the price once people are allowed to pay for admission again. Hence the half hearted attempt at "fan engagement" 

He is the worst kind of owner. Clueless, but totally unaware of how inept he is. Unwilling to acknowledge his mistakes despite continuing to make them. He won't sell because in his mind that crystalizes his loss, therefore he'll continue to gamble with what little future we have left.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Guest Therealrealist
3 minutes ago, Owlsend said:

If the chairman is satisfied with Thompson as manager he shows is ambition for the club don’t get me wrong Thompson is probably well liked by the players and staff at Sheffield Wednesday but technically he has not got a clue I’m not saying I do any better and there were some managers out there What are a lot worse.

but in my view we need a manager in ASAP

And how depressing was it to see bullen bending his ear in the first half..

Guest mrbluesky
Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

I know.

But what is the point in starting another thread about it now in that case? It's not as if todays performance was the worst in the last 2 or 3 years.

I’m sure I don’t have to tell you how a forum works lol

The decline is depressing, for reference a  decline can and is over several seasons lol

Guest mrbluesky
2 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Stay of the drugs kids!  lollol

Stay off threads you can’t grasp lol

2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Completely get where you're coming from.

What's even more depressing is, I expected a lot worse.

27 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Didn’t expect a result, but watching that just really depresses me , how far has the standard fallen at this club.

Get a grip on reality will you. There's a huge difference in class between the two teams. Are you seriously expecting us to to be able to compete against what is a top 8 PL side, who were at one point pushing for a top 4 finish?

We got done by two corners which is poor, and a very well worked goal by Calvert-Lewin. We had some decent possession but ultimately lacked the class and intelligence to break them down. The result is hardly unexpected and pretty much what any sane fan would expect.

Edited by ChapSmurf
  • Like 2

Guest mrbluesky
22 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

I thought there were some real positives. 

Penney looks sharp. Green looked up for it.

If Penney is a positive, then I rest my case.

2 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

I’m sure I don’t have to tell you how a forum works lol

The decline is depressing, for reference a  decline can and is over several seasons lol

I know. Just a bit strange that you would deem it worthy of a new thread tonight.

I'll leave you to your 'look at me' thread now.

Guest mrbluesky
6 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I said it a couple of weeks ago and I'll repeat it now. This is not the club I fell in love with as a kid. What I see is a few good people at the club fighting to restore some semblance of pride.

DC has presided over the systemic destruction of this clubs identity and he will pay the price once people are allowed to pay for admission again. Hence the half hearted attempt at "fan engagement" 

He is the worst kind of owner. Clueless, but totally unaware of how inept he is. Unwilling to acknowledge his mistakes despite continuing to make them. He won't sell because in his mind that crystalizes his loss, therefore he'll continue to gamble with what little future we have left.

The standard of football lies at his door