Depressing watch.

Guest mrbluesky

21 hours ago, tomhollywood said:

Agreed.

Enjoy it @CircleSeven and it's a greta way to look at it.

I lost my dad in October and must admit, for the first time last night I had very little interest in the game. I think it's a combination of not having dad to talk to about it but also the fact that we are an embarrassing state of a club and DC has drained me of enthusiasm for it.

Perhaps when the ground re-opens and I can meet my uncle and cousins then i'll get some love back but at the minute it's all just a bit empty for me.

Feel exactly the same, sorry for your loss tom lost my dad just over a year ago now, nan's slowly dieing with dementia mums got cancer football is not really that important at the moment cant really see that altering tbh.

O P spot on, didn't expect to win and we played OK at times and the youngsters did ok. But it was a hard watch, realising that we were once a club that were more than a match for Everton and could go there with some level of hope.

The commentators were sympathetic almost taking pity on our once great club - I agree that we have fallen so far and as I now approach my 70's I am begining to think that we will not be back in the big time in my lifetime. 

On 24/01/2021 at 22:10, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

I can’t agree Mr Blue - we played more football tonight than against Chelsea the other year (and we had a better team) and for me the nadir was the 0-0 at the sty when players like Bannan and Reach spent the evening chasing shadows. At least tonight the team tried to pass the ball and did so with some success against a very very good side who did us second half with set pieces orchestrated by a World Cup golden boot winner and a 6’7” player that England’s defence couldn’t handle. 

Agreed.

5 hours ago, Hodgyowl said:

Feel exactly the same, sorry for your loss tom lost my dad just over a year ago now, nan's slowly dieing with dementia mums got cancer football is not really that important at the moment cant really see that altering tbh.

Cheers pal, sorry for your loss too.

Hope you're getting on ok with it. It's early days for me but i've been reading lots and listening to some grief podcasts that have been helping.

My nan also had dementia and died a couple years ago, if ever you wanna chat then drop me a PM mate 👍

• Love 1

3 hours ago, tomhollywood said:

Cheers pal, sorry for your loss too.

Hope you're getting on ok with it. It's early days for me but i've been reading lots and listening to some grief podcasts that have been helping.

My nan also had dementia and died a couple years ago, if ever you wanna chat then drop me a PM mate 👍

More good days than bad mate managing to cope signed up for counciling but covids created a backlog, soon as fishing starts up it will hit me again, havent been since he was told he had terminal cancer we used to go all over together, i couldn't go felt guilty so its been three yrs but he would have gone made knowing i had not been anyway mate take care same here pm me if you want a chat all the best tom 👍

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Hodgyowl said:

More good days than bad mate managing to cope signed up for counciling but covids created a backlog, soon as fishing starts up it will hit me again, havent been since he was told he had terminal cancer we used to go all over together, i couldn't go felt guilty so its been three yrs but he would have gone made knowing i had not been anyway mate take care same here pm me if you want a chat all the best tom 👍

Will do pal. Take it easy 

• Like 1

On 24/01/2021 at 22:01, mrbluesky said:

Didn’t expect a result, but watching that just really depresses me , how far has the standard fallen at this club.

Knock, knock, knock! Anybody there?

Mate it's 2021, not 1991. We have been pretty bad to rubbish for a good chunk of the last 20 odd years and it started while we were still in the prem. There's been a few ups though and hopefully under pressure from the fans right now, Chansiri might be back from his 3 year holiday and be ready to start doing things properly. A couple of good players could do us the world of good now and hopefully also for the long term.

UTO!

Guest mrbluesky
12 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Knock, knock, knock! Anybody there?

Mate it's 2021, not 1991. We have been pretty bad to rubbish for a good chunk of the last 20 odd years and it started while we were still in the prem. There's been a few ups though and hopefully under pressure from the fans right now, Chansiri might be back from his 3 year holiday and be ready to start doing things properly. A couple of good players could do us the world of good now and hopefully also for the long term.

UTO!

Knock, knock, knock indeed, mate, stop posting

lol

Guest mrbluesky
On 25/01/2021 at 08:42, Key said:

Exactly!
Some people however, seem to think that we’ve suddenly dropped to this level and they need to shout about FALLEN STANDARDS as if nobody else was aware. Bizarre. Makes you wonder if they’re OK doesn’t it.

This has aged well lol

Come out to play @Key