Depressing watch.

Guest mrbluesky

What's depressing is that in these situations it's always a complete non contest. Always.

You can argue all you like that we had some youngsters playing and that we're generally poor, but when you see non league teams and league two teams putting up a much better fight of it, then it just compounds the embarrassment.

Edited by Rodger Wylde
  • Like 3

Guest mrbluesky
14 minutes ago, Key said:

Oh dear Christ; please let it be so!

:duntmatter:

My name is mr blue sky not Christ,

bum! tish! (rolls eyes) 

Many more positives than negatives tonight.

It looks like they are enjoying playing football again...that is a massive achievement.

Remember they know a lot more than we do. They had trouble getting paid. We have a carousel of managers and that changes everything they do and the squad is depleted through injury and virus. There were some really good things tonight...Everton were real class.

• Like 3

I feel for the Wednesdayites out there that have only supported  us since 2000+

At least I was there in the 90’s that Owen etc kept talking out, clsss team then, 

I just hope we can get there again in the not too distant future but it feels a long way off 

• Like 3

Guest mrbluesky
2 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde said:

What's depressing is that in these situations it's always a complete non contest. Always.

You can argue all you like that we had some youngsters playing and that we're generally poor, but when you see non league teams and league two teams putting up a much better fight of it, then it just compounds the embarrassment.

HALLELUJAH!!! And for me that's where the standard has dropped, we are a mishmash of a team, people on this thread thinking  I expected us to outplay them 😂 or to be somewhat at their level, but it's alright because we played "a bit of football"

Guest mrbluesky
3 minutes ago, Key said:

That explains it. Try putting your eyes back in before you watch the next match!

:ghoulguy:

Only if you try to be funny (not just to yourself) x

9 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde said:

Good luck to Luton and Brentford in the next round eh? If only we could have got the same result as them against Prem opposition.

Guest mrbluesky
1 minute ago, Key said:

Good luck to Luton and Brentford in the next round eh? If only we could have got the same result as them against Prem opposition.

The result is irrelevant, but you keep digging that hole.

You just can't help some people (rolls eyes)

What was depressing watching that tonight was when the commentators started reminiscing about Wednesday teams of the past and some of those great cup ties.
It was a great time back in the day and we were always a decent cup side and I remember some great nights in cup matches over the years.

Now when we play in the cup, it feels so dull and uninspiring, although the whole of cup competition has become that way unfortunately. 

• Like 3