Neil Thompson on if we'll get any new signings this transfer window

"It’s not something I can be concerned about. The players have done great with what we’ve got, we’ve got results and we do have the whole of January That’s something we’ll deal with accordingly.

"It’s like it is with anything in terms of signing players, it takes time.

"I have been head down in the football at this moment in time. I’ve had brief discussions, but that’s been about it."

"I'm sure the chairman and the recruitment department will look at that," he said. "And I’m sure if I’m still doing this job I may look at that, I may not.

"We’ll wait and see.

"We maybe need one or two bodies in to strengthen the squad. I think that’s been publicised."

" if we are going to bring people in, we’ll bring people in."

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

i know you'd never get the answer to this, but i'd love to see where NT thinks we need strengthening, versus what pulis wanted, what Chansiri's  advisors would advise him we need,.......plus maybe where monk would have attempted to strengthen, all side by side.  

It would be interesting.

• Like 3

Guest hirstysfags
9 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

"And I’m sure if I’m still doing this job I may look at that, I may not."

"If we are going to bring people in, we’ll bring people in."

1965034372_Confused2.gif.89b3f8da61c0d395bbf6d5d79b70c97c.gif

It's all ovver t'place isn't it?

Guest Therealrealist

NT will not have been asked for his views..he wont have a clue if we are signing anybody..what else is he going to say??

Can't really say much though can he? He probably knows as much about who's going to be the next manager and incoming players as we do.

Seems to me that Thompson is focusing on organising the players he has for the next game and not much else; considering the ongoing uncertainty about pretty much everything else, I don't think I can blame him.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

Can't really say much though can he? He probably knows as much about who's going to be the next manager and incoming players as we do.

Seems to me that Thompson is focusing on organising the players he has for the next game and not much else; considering the ongoing uncertainty about pretty much everything else, I don't think I can blame him.

He's doing exactly what he has been told to do, focus on the team and doing ok at this. Anything else is above his pay grade

• Like 5
  • Love 1