The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

this guy has been quite reliable on a few things recently, would be very strange to see him back with us:

Pete O'Rourke

@SportsPeteO

Sheffield Wednesday are in talks to sign former Bristol City defender Jack Hunt on a free transfer. #SWFC #BristolCity

1 minute ago, Daavies; said:

this guy has been quite reliable on a few things recently, would be very strange to see him back with us:

Pete O'Rourke

@SportsPeteO

Sheffield Wednesday are in talks to sign former Bristol City defender Jack Hunt on a free transfer. #SWFC #BristolCity

Ha ha beat you to it 😄

You're right though, he is rather reliable, which is concerning. Just how many ******** defenders do we need?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, striker said:

Surely not...

That would be a great signing.

He's only 30, has been an ever-present for Bristol City since leaving us, and as we well know, is a cut above our current options at right-back.

I'd take Jack Hunt on a free if we were still a Championship club; in League One, it's a no-brainer.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

That would be a great signing.

He's only 30, has been an ever-present for Bristol City since leaving us, and as we well know, is a cut above our current options at right-back.

I'd take Jack Hunt on a free if we were still a Championship club; in League One, it's a no-brainer.

He is, but we've got two RB's already, no competent GK and zero strikers. 

I'm not against him coming back, but desperately need other areas of the pitch resolving which are more important than signing our third RB. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, striker said:

I'm not against him coming back, but desperately need other areas of the pitch resolving which are more important than signing our third RB. 

i know what you mean , im Sure Moore is on with the others , but got to remember Palmer can play lb and has done , then Dawodu only a young lad so if Palmer got injured we would be reliant on someone who’s never played . This could give dawodu a chance to go on loan to maybe league 2 For example 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Should we turn him down until we've signed a striker and a 'keeper, then?

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, striker said:

If it takes away from the budget for those positions, yes. 

And if if doesn't?

It doesn't matter what order the players arrive; just that they do eventually arrive.

We know Moore wants a 'keeper and a striker or two, but if he also thinks we need a stronger right-back, then we'd be daft to turn down Hunt, assuming he's willing to re-join.

• Like 1

IF this turns out to be true ( about hunt)looks like we probably have striker targets and pos keeper lined up? Probably loans from prem and it’ll be after season starts that they’ll arrive when they trim their squads? Happy with that cus it shows we mite av a bigger budget than we think? ( wages) but the concern is we don’t land who we want and are left short like last season? Regarding hunt I think great signing esp for league one 

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

And if if doesn't?

It doesn't matter what order the players arrive; just that they do eventually arrive.

We know Moore wants a 'keeper and a striker or two, but if he also thinks we need a stronger right-back, then we'd be daft to turn down Hunt, assuming he's willing to re-join.

I dunno, he got 2 goals and 2 assists last year - Palmer, in a side that struggled to score goals, got 1 goal and 2 assists. 

If Moore likes him then I'm all for it, but don't really see the point with an established RB in the squad.

11 minutes ago, striker said:

True, but I watched Dawodu at Alfreton and he looks way off it. Still young and needs a loan spell for me.

That leaves us with just Palmer. Hunt on a free transfer would provide decent cover and if not a starting place. He’s always been better than Palemr - even though he can frustrate.