The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

A lot of the players that contributed to our relegation have now left the club thank goodness. We are all too aware that their lack luster performances were hard to watch and would have been worse had we been able to be in the stadium(s).

So right now we are in a rebuilding situation so while we, as supporters, really do want  our team to do well and hopefully get us back in the Championship at the first attempt, in reality that is surely a big ‘ask’ for next season but football’s a funny game and as they say ‘you never know’

Lets just get back into Hillsborough and give the team our full vocal support.

We’re getting ready for the start of what should be an interesting season. It can’t be much worse that last season.

• Like 2

I’m not sure if Paterson is good enough to play as a central forward whether it be as the middle of a 3 or up front on his own?

I’m not expecting us to go out and bring in a straight forward target man as I think Moore likes fluidity and movement in his team’s. Let’s face it the 3 forwards behind the 2 are going to be mobile and quick and the forward at the point has to have the same attributes as well as perhaps a bit of height and strength?

I could see Adedoyin playing centrally and even though it would be a gamble I could definitely see Cadamarteri playing some 1st team football before the season’s out as he seems to have a bit of everything but back to my original point I don’t see Paterson prospering in a likely 4231 or 343?

15 minutes ago, Jim said:

I’m not sure if Paterson is good enough to play as a central forward whether it be as the middle of a 3 or up front on his own?

I’m not expecting us to go out and bring in a straight forward target man as I think Moore likes fluidity and movement in his team’s. Let’s face it the 3 forwards behind the 2 are going to be mobile and quick and the forward at the point has to have the same attributes as well as perhaps a bit of height and strength?

I could see Adedoyin playing centrally and even though it would be a gamble I could definitely see Cadamarteri playing some 1st team football before the season’s out as he seems to have a bit of everything but back to my original point I don’t see Paterson prospering in a likely 4231 or 343?

Heard great things about cadamarteri, but in and amongst the first team ?  Has he even played u-23 yet ? 

Hull interested in taking Wildsmith apparently.

Let Long go to Millwall, and have already brought in Nathan Baxter on loan from Chelsea, so can only assume he'd be going there as competition for the Chelsea loanee, rather than the number one spot.

9 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Let Long go to Millwall, and have already brought in Nathan Baxter on loan from Chelsea, so can only assume he'd be going there as competition for the Chelsea loanee, rather than the number one spot.

Hopefully true, but aren't Hull under restrictions signing players? ....or maybe that just makes them desperate enough to take him.

13 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Heard great things about cadamarteri, but in and amongst the first team ?  Has he even played u-23 yet ? 

I know what you’re saying and I’m sure he’ll play some u-23 football this season. I just think Moore will push kids in to the 1st team sooner than most mangers we’ve had in recent times and he might find himself having to at some point in the near future?

Yes it's clear we need a striker or two but that's probably what every club in the country is looking for also. As we don't have as much pull now as Championship clubs the we may have to bide our time which I'm more than happy to do. I'd rather us not just go and recruit in panic mode as we've done in the past. 

I think it's harder to introduce defenders into a new set up but strikers will be easier so I'm not too alarmed right now. Just be patient.

20 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Start The Car Bumbeh.png.b808e71630972a76d737d7d80e521f81.png

• Haha 7

12 minutes ago, Jim said:

I know what you’re saying and I’m sure he’ll play some u-23 football this season. I just think Moore will push kids in to the 1st team sooner than most mangers we’ve had in recent times and he might find himself having to at some point in the near future?

Agree,   I was expecting to see Cadamarteri in his thoughts already to be honest ,  JP trophy etc 

But we don’t see what he sees on the training pitch,  but fully agree DM will push anyone who he thinks is ready 

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Agree,   I was expecting to see Cadamarteri in his thoughts already to be honest ,  JP trophy etc 

But we don’t see what he sees on the training pitch,  but fully agree DM will push anyone who he thinks is ready 

You know he’s only 15 or just turned 16? Hardly played any U23 football and will most likely play u18s next season?

35 minutes ago, owl84 said:

You know he’s only 15 or just turned 16? Hardly played any U23 football and will most likely play u18s next season?

Yea,  I think the previous posters suggestion was if he’s good enough he has best chance of been involved soon with a gaffer like DM here at the minute ,  I did suggest he hasn’t even played for the U23’s 

Still, believe DM could look at the U18’s playing a part in the JP trophy if he thinks there ready , let’s be honest we’re threadbare 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Yea,  I think the previous posters suggestion was if he’s good enough he has best chance of been involved soon with a gaffer like DM here at the minute ,  I did suggest he hasn’t even played for the U23’s 

Still, believe DM could look at the U18’s playing a part in the JP trophy if he thinks there ready , let’s be honest we’re threadbare 

Issue with the Papa Johns is I think you can only change 3 or something from your previous game 🤷🏼‍♂️

Surely cadamateri won’t be anywhere near getting tested at first team level for another couple of seasons 

it’s very rare to see 16/17 year olds make a debut as they don’t have the physical attributes that’s why you see more making debuts at 18/19 or early twenties 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, owl84 said:

Issue with the Papa Johns is I think you can only change 3 or something from your previous game 🤷🏼‍♂️

No. There must be 4 players at least that play who meet a specific criteria that they have set out.

8 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Surely cadamateri won’t be anywhere near getting tested at first team level for another couple of seasons 

it’s very rare to see 16/17 year olds make a debut as they don’t have the physical attributes that’s why you see more making debuts at 18/19 or early twenties 

At the moment our strike force is Windass and Patterson (either may yet leave) and Hagan.

We don’t have the benefit of making a distinction between players who we might want to sit back and develop. As things stand right now, every player on the books - irrespective of age - is liable for cup minutes or to find themselves on the bench if we have injuries or suspensions. I really wouldn’t bet against seeing Cadamateri this year.

• Like 1