The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

4 hours ago, frastheowl said:

Hull interested in taking Wildsmith apparently.

Let Long go to Millwall, and have already brought in Nathan Baxter on loan from Chelsea, so can only assume he'd be going there as competition for the Chelsea loanee, rather than the number one spot.

Can we tempt them into a buy one get one free deal and give them Dawson as well.? 

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

No. There must be 4 players at least that play who meet a specific criteria that they have set out.

All stated have to play full available strength so couldn’t play 4 from previous or next game and 6 17 year olds. 

31 minutes ago, NOT jack whitham said:

Trevor Francis was top scorer in the old second division at 16.

He also went on to win 2 champions league most expensive player in the Britain and 52 times for England. 

Next you’ll be telling me Rooney scored for Everton at 16 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, fpowl said:

As always your positivity is inspiring for all those to feel.

yes I Believe we will do ok next year 

I believe we will add to this team 

I believe we will challenge the playoffs or better 

and I believe your negativity to be a constant bore 

players like reach was mentally weak adding athletic youth pace and enthusiasm into this team, transforms us it gives us more energy and a less cautions approach 

windass in league one on the front foot will bag goals 

but sit in your arm chair and moan about everything

We are not getting relegated and not being under threat of being relegated and that’s my point. Far too many people think that pony show that got served last year will be the same this year in league one 

think you need to do that thing called support instead of writing them off because it’s just madness to think we’re dropping down another level 

mid table at best? That would be a poor season in my opinion 

Its not negativity its called realism, we have a team that finished 24th out of 24th we have released 14 players (12 + 2 loans) and signed just 3 kids only one of them last league one experience. We have issues over fitness of a number of the 15 players we have Iorfa, Hutch and Luongo. We have other players such as Borner who clearer want to be anywhere but here and players such as Green and Dawson who have barely played a game for 6 months.

Add to that we need a competent keeper and at least 2 strikers (for the hard of hearing that's strikers not midfielders playing up front as we have in Paterson and Windass) this is just to have a competitive starting 11 with little to no back up. Should we get any injuries which after the first 3 friendlies are already starting to pile up - I believe Windass was the latest to hobble off on Saturday. 

There seems to be a blind belief on here that players who were not good enough for the championship are going to walk league one because its a lower league. We all support the team but reinforcements of at least league one standard are needed now not in 6 weeks as the window shuts. The team is currently going to spend most of the season at the wrong end of the table, we cannot keep clean sheets because of problems at the back and very real fitness concerns and other than Windass and maybe the lad on loan we have zero goal threat. This again is not negativity, it is what we have had from the same group of players for the last 2 season.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Its not negativity its called realism, we have a team that finished 24th out of 24th we have released 14 players (12 + 2 loans) and signed just 3 kids only one of them last league one experience. We have issues over fitness of a number of the 15 players we have Iorfa, Hutch and Luongo. We have other players such as Borner who clearer want to be anywhere but here and players such as Green and Dawson who have barely played a game for 6 months.

Add to that we need a competent keeper and at least 2 strikers (for the hard of hearing that's strikers not midfielders playing up front as we have in Paterson and Windass) this is just to have a competitive starting 11 with little to no back up. Should we get any injuries which after the first 3 friendlies are already starting to pile up - I believe Windass was the latest to hobble off on Saturday. 

There seems to be a blind belief on here that players who were not good enough for the championship are going to walk league one because its a lower league. We all support the team but reinforcements of at least league one standard are needed now not in 6 weeks as the window shuts. The team is currently going to spend most of the season at the wrong end of the table, we cannot keep clean sheets because of problems at the back and very real fitness concerns and other than Windass and maybe the lad on loan we have zero goal threat. This again is not negativity, it is what we have had from the same group of players for the last 2 season.

We did finish bottom because of a points deduction. I think some on here forget that? 🙄

• Like 2

we are in an even worse position now, than we were last season, in terms of goal threat. Yes the lad from QPR May add a few more, but we still have the massive problem of not having a single striker. Which after a year is unforgivable. 

• Like 7

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm not sure I will!

:duntmatter:

50 years ago, Trevor Francis scored a lot of goals when he was a youngster.

Quite what this tells us about Bailey Cadamarteri half a century later, I'm not so sure.

It was a point about trusting young players if they have ability..now do you get it ? 😊

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm not sure I will!

:duntmatter:

50 years ago, Trevor Francis scored a lot of goals when he was a youngster.

Quite what this tells us about Bailey Cadamarteri half a century later, I'm not so sure.

It tells us that we are desperate for a striker and are clutching at straws because we fear that this situation will totally derail next season

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NOT jack whitham said:

It was a point about trusting young players if they have ability..now do you get it ? 😊

If you'd just said the above, then yeah.

Trying to use Trevor Francis as a way to make the point was bizarre, though.

Different players develop at different rates - a select few peak really early and are ready to go at 16; most are ready by their early 20s; some don't have all the components in place until much later.

If Cadamarteri is good enough now, then I'm sure he'll get the opportunity - it's not as if we're blessed with options right now, is it? However, if he's not one of those rare players who are ready to go before they've sat their GCSEs, then I'm sure he'll keep developing with the rest of his peers and will be monitored by the coaches and manager.

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If you'd just said the above, then yeah.

Trying to use Trevor Francis as a way to make the point was bizarre, though.

Different players develop at different rates - a select few peak really early and are ready to go at 16; most are ready by their early 20s; some don't have all the components in place until much later.

If Cadamarteri is good enough now, then I'm sure he'll get the opportunity - it's not as if we're blessed with options right now, is it? However, if he's not one of those rare players who are ready to go before they've sat their GCSEs, then I'm sure he'll keep developing with the rest of his peers and will be monitored by the coaches and manager.

Have a nice day.