The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

Imagine being a fan of team signing reach and googling his highlight real

you would be creaming your pants 

some of his assists and goals have been nothing short or world class 

I’m not making out he’s a bad player by no means I want him to sign. He’s never going to break a leg in a tackle or get you a diving header through a crowd of swinging legs 

but the lads got quality in a delivery and finish that few in this division can match 

hes always available to play and he gets some miles in on the pitch for me he’s always better on the left and he will be very hard to replace 

I’d give the lad another 4 years 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I’m not making out he’s a bad player by no means I want him to sign. He’s never going to break a leg in a tackle or get you a diving header through a crowd of swinging legs 

but the lads got quality in a delivery and finish that few in this division can match 

hes always available to play and he gets some miles in on the pitch for me he’s always better on the left and he will be very hard to replace 

We won’t replace Reach with better sadly.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Agree with that apart from the 4 years, 2 years yes, we don't know whether he can sustain the mileage he does for another 4 years given he's 27 now. 

I don't honestly believe any of our players are worth 4 year contracts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, York_Owl said:

It's almost as if our transfer policy is being dictated by an agent rather than a football manager who knows how to put a team together.

To make matters worse( if it could be) there now seems to be 2 advising wot could possibly go wrong😳

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

He will be gone, wont be short of offers from other championship clubs. Fans will be happy then when we sign a full back to play on the wing so that they can tackle given that  tackling is apparently the most important attribute for a winger.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Mick70 said:

I said earlier in thread gnundulait cheap and although he not played at our level is a big mobile handful ? Wickham has undoubted ability but is hardly fit? Came back after lockdown looked strong fit quicker scored in first two games then got a knock again and back to square one? If palace looking to unload maybe him aswell as another?? 

He is 28 never played higher than league one and but for a spell at Blackpool in league one his career goals to games is worst that Nuihu.

If we sign players like this it will show we are building for next season in league one

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

Alan Shearer scored some great goals, Chris Waddle was an amazing winger goal created and scorer, David Beckham a great delivery of free kicks and set piece. BUT if you played them in defence, then would have struggled to make an impact.

The point I am making is When Reach plays on the left wing he scores and creates goal when you play him as a full back, wing back, central midfielder, striker he is not that great.

Play him in the correct position you have a very good Championship player, continue playing him in the wrong position then don't waste your money on a new contract.

1 hour ago, Hookowl said:

Agree with that apart from the 4 years, 2 years yes, we don't know whether he can sustain the mileage he does for another 4 years given he's 27 now. 

I don't honestly believe any of our players are worth 4 year contracts.

I’d have actually gone 3 years I was just matching his previous 

How olds bannan he still puts himself about extremely well

inthibk with these it’s a like  a Keiren Lee type if your naturally fit you’ll keep going maybe start slowing down a little heading towards your mid 30s 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

So would I , but I fear its too late in the day now. (Sure he will have been made aware of what is available if he goes on a free in the summer). This should have been sorted out last summer if not before.

15 minutes ago, room0035 said:

He is 28 never played higher than league one and but for a spell at Blackpool in league one his career goals to games is worst that Nuihu.

If we sign players like this it will show we are building for next season in league one

I remember Nigel Pearson , CB Williams , Phil King , Nigel Pearson all coming from lower league clubs and being megga successful !!! You just don’t know 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Themagiccap said:

I can think or circa £65k reasons per week why they won't be here next year

And there lies the problem. Whilst they’re really good players, they ought to be at that price point. You mix in Rhodes and Westwood and those 5 drain 125k a week from our club.

Some teams will have starting 11s earning less than those 5. And those teams are beating us!!! 

Maybe next season we finally get to reset! 

• Like 2

It’s going to be a weird couple of years for football I reckon. You’d have thought that COVID, and the harm it’s done to football clubs financially, would make it a buyers market and wages and agents fees etc would drop accordingly. However, Brexit has narrowed the availability of overseas players so homegrown players will be at a premium and the overseas players that are eligible to play in our country can add more to their demands.

The upshot is the richest in the game will stay that way and we still need to really sort out our scouting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

We don’t seem to have much or no money not saying he would solve our problems cus he probably wouldn’t but having watched him at a match a few times he’d put himself about more than our current crop and that includes Paterson? I’m not sure wot our budget is and hope we can either loan some quality or pick a diamond up from abroad fingers x

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Alan Shearer scored some great goals, Chris Waddle was an amazing winger goal created and scorer, David Beckham a great delivery of free kicks and set piece. BUT if you played them in defence, then would have struggled to make an impact.

The point I am making is When Reach plays on the left wing he scores and creates goal when you play him as a full back, wing back, central midfielder, striker he is not that great.

Play him in the correct position you have a very good Championship player, continue playing him in the wrong position then don't waste your money on a new contract.

Exactly this. Reach is a left winger play him there and he will produce goals and assists. 

• Like 2

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

10 days left and what have you delivered Wily?

A lad who has been out of football for a while, a young winger with bum fluff on his chin, for the Under 23s, and a threat of the return of Hutchinson.

Grasshopper’s slacking.

image.gif.1f27eae705b17e13a59f8d96800f7786.gif