The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

15 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Thompson says hopefully get 1/2 in next week 

That is the last week they can join, unless they’re free agents. Given that we still need a left back, a midfielder, a winger and at least one striker, we might have to make some tough choices. Bizarre that we were supposedly looking to bring in a centre back as well, given our interest in the Everton lad. 

1 hour ago, westy365owl said:

According to a recent report by Footnews.be, Sheffield Wednesday and Derby County are interested in signing Standard Liege attacker Aleksandar Boljevic this month.

The 21-cap Montenegro international is out of favour at Standard.

Not sure if this is a new link or a rehash of old news

Both club were interest when they thought he was available for free, then Standard Liege said they wanted to recoup the £2m+ they paid for him and both clubs interest cooled very quickly.

lol

35 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

That is the last week they can join, unless they’re free agents. Given that we still need a left back, a midfielder, a winger and at least one striker, we might have to make some tough choices. Bizarre that we were supposedly looking to bring in a centre back as well, given our interest in the Everton lad. 

We once again have had a Chansiri transfer window, don't bring in any players for roles or position that we need, but sign players available for roles or positions we already have covered. Hence the links for centre backs to compete with the 5 or 6 we have and wingers to add to the 4 already at the club.

With DC its like the Harry Enfield sketch 'I saw you coming', but the crap is the players lol

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=harry+enfield+i+saw+you+coming&&view=detail&mid=19E64450367E6AB2AF9119E64450367E6AB2AF91&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dharry%2Benfield%2Bi%2Bsaw%2Byou%2Bcoming%26%26FORM%3DVDVVXX

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Both club were interest when they thought he was available for free, then Standard Liege said they wanted to recoup the £2m+ they paid for him and both clubs interest cooled very quickly.

lol

Cooled... Is that cooled like you might say  'it can get a little bit nippy in Antarctica'?lol

Edited by prowl

26 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We once again have had a Chansiri transfer window, don't bring in any players for roles or position that we need, but sign players available for roles or positions we already have covered. Hence the links for centre backs to compete with the 5 or 6 we have and wingers to add to the 4 already at the club.

With DC its like the Harry Enfield sketch 'I saw you coming', but the crap is the players lol

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=harry+enfield+i+saw+you+coming&&view=detail&mid=19E64450367E6AB2AF9119E64450367E6AB2AF91&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dharry%2Benfield%2Bi%2Bsaw%2Byou%2Bcoming%26%26FORM%3DVDVVXX

I really hope that this will not be the case. Players like Hutchinson and Green could have been signed earlier, or even after the window had closed. With four or five players still needed, and only one or two expected next week, suggests either, the majority of players will be free agents, or more likely, we again won’t bring in all the players we actually need

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I really hope that this will not be the case. Players like Hutchinson and Green could have been signed earlier, or even after the window had closed. With four or five players still needed, and only one or two expected next week, suggests either, the majority of players will be free agents, or more likely, we again won’t bring in all the players we actually need

Think the latter don't you. It is scandalous that we started the season with only Rhodes as an out and out striker, just think DCs lack of knowledge about the game means we won't get what is required. This season really could go ******** up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

A winger?? 

1 minute ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Think the latter don't you. It is scandalous that we started the season with only Rhodes as an out and out striker, just think DCs lack of knowledge about the game means we won't get what is required. This season really could go ******** up.

It’s a worry, it does seem that our strategy is short term, perhaps understandably so, and we will look to do this on the cheap. It still requires a more targeted approach, and if we have no money, why oh why did we spend £1m on Windass and Paterson. Better players were available as free agents. 

6 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

1 or 2 won't cut it for me I'm afriad we are need about 5 just to cover the areas we are lacking. 

We signed about 6 duds in the summer. Blew our budget on the likes of Brown, Kachunga, Flint and Paterson.

I hope the above mentioned players prove me wrong this second half of the season.

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s a worry, it does seem that our strategy is short term, perhaps understandably so, and we will look to do this on the cheap. It still requires a more targeted approach, and if we have no money, why oh why did we spend £1m on Windass and Paterson. Better players were available as free agents. 

Windass is better than you give him credit for and I can see why we took on Paterson. A player with a strong character who can play in multiple positions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We signed about 6 duds in the summer. Blew our budget on the likes of Brown, Kachunga, Flint and Paterson.

I hope the above mentioned players prove me wrong this second half of the season.

I'm not saying they're world beaters, but TBF a lot of the problem those players had was down to how the manager wanted us to play.

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Windass is better than you give him credit for and I can see why we took on Paterson. A player with a strong character who can play in multiple positions.

Maybe, but the point was, if we have no money, why pay out fees for 2 players, when we could have got better for free