The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

21 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Have you read about Gnandulliet and why he left Blackpool I suggest you do because he sounds like a right tail.

The words Jay Bothroyd spring to mind but without any ability that he squandered.

I have read this one

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/armand-gnanduillet-opens-his-blackpool-exit-why-he-turned-down-offer-new-contract-and-his-failed-move-charlton-athletic-3019067%3famp

Seems the type who is out for himself but also pretty desperate to prove himself in the championship 

6 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Akpo didn’t throw up before matches that was Lloyd owusu ? Akpo while fit was a right handful unfortunate that was the case with most our strikers down the yrs ? We all want the same thing we can throw names in suggest whoever it boils down to finance and we ain’t got none left like I said yesterday shopping for journeyman injured prem players or young players with no proof they can do it at our level is where we at ? I’ll have a chuckle with you cus we really are a shambles uto

When sodje was on form and there was a bit of space to run onto the ball he was very difficult for teams to play against. He had two really bad injuries here though.

5 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Left Blackpool because he's been there too long and wanted to play in the championship, but no one wanted him because he was not good enough and ended up the the Cyprus 2nd division at a team I never heard off.

Look we need a championship quality striker to stay in the championship. If we go out and bring a league one quality striker in and next season we will be in league one.

We are not meant to be building a team for league one. I thought we were meant to be trying to stay up. It would appear some on here not you Blue but others who want us to build a team for league one.

5 hours ago, Mick70 said:

Akpo didn’t throw up before matches that was Lloyd owusu ? Akpo while fit was a right handful unfortunate that was the case with most our strikers down the yrs ? We all want the same thing we can throw names in suggest whoever it boils down to finance and we ain’t got none left like I said yesterday shopping for journeyman injured prem players or young players with no proof they can do it at our level is where we at ? I’ll have a chuckle with you cus we really are a shambles uto

In the early 2000's we had lots of ordinary players who were not really good enough, they were physical, they were quick, they put themselves about but very few of them were any good that's why we stayed in league one and two. 

We need championship quality players to keep us up. If we have £600k to spend on a kid from Crewe, then we have £600k to either sign a championship striker or loan a striker in. Palmer can play left back and when we stay up, hopefully worry about the left back issue in the summer.

if we don't win probably in the region of 10 of our remaining 23 games giving us 49 points we will be in league one next season.

40 minutes ago, room0035 said:

In the early 2000's we had lots of ordinary players who were not really good enough, they were physical, they were quick, they put themselves about but very few of them were any good that's why we stayed in league one and two. 

We need championship quality players to keep us up. If we have £600k to spend on a kid from Crewe, then we have £600k to either sign a championship striker or loan a striker in. Palmer can play left back and when we stay up, hopefully worry about the left back issue in the summer.

if we don't win probably in the region of 10 of our remaining 23 games giving us 49 points we will be in league one next season.

Too rite we did , you picked akpo out think IF he’d stayed fit he’d av been a different story? Nearly all the others round that time were poo probably shefki kuqi aside? You’re right about bidding wotever amount for the kid from Crewe and strikers cost loads more even loan players? Striker is the most important signing we’ll make in this window cus that one decision will keep us up or send us down

It really is absolutely ridiculous that we are so close to the window closing and we still haven’t bought in the forwards we have needed all season. We should have had deals lined up to be announced as soon as the window opened. If we don’t bring these players in we are as good as down imo. We simply don’t have the goals in us to win enough games. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

It really is absolutely ridiculous that we are so close to the window closing and we still haven’t bought in the forwards we have needed all season. We should have had deals lined up to be announced as soon as the window opened. If we don’t bring these players in we are as good as down imo. We simply don’t have the goals in us to win enough games. 

Sounds like an overreaction, but it’s absolutely the truth. I always said, our salvation won’t be about any managerial appointment, but more about what we do in this transfer window 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Don't disagree, we are down as it stands, 

Points on the board always better than games in hand. Nowhere near enough goal threat to stay up. 15 goals scored in 23 games (lowest in the league) tells its own story and are the stats of a relegation season. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

Hutch has signed until end of season according to Dom (Yorkshire Live)

Hope it wont lower Shaw's playing time and stall his development. It would be a step back in my opinion, especially considering that Shaw was one of our better players last few games. 

If he is brought in to replace Pelupessey as our starting defensive midfielder or to play in our back 3, than I"m all for giving him short term contract. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Surely you know everything happens in the last two days of the transfer window 

It happens at every club every transfer window 

I can’t get my head around it but I know it happens 

we will sign players just probably not until feb 2nd 

17 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Bringing Marriott back shows how hard it must be to bring in decent striker right now. 

2 minutes ago, malek said:

Bringing Marriott back shows how hard it must be to bring in decent striker right now. 

Don't think we had a choice but to keep him. Derby had the choice to recall but couldn't afford to/didn't want him back.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, malek said:

Pretty certain that wouldn’t have been our call, though we were the numpties who brought him here in the first place

39 minutes ago, malek said:

Don't think we had a choice pal we originally signed him for season derby have no money it's a matter of they have sent him back for us to pay his wages

• Like 2

Was talking to a pal of mine who lives in West London. He’s a QPR fan, and he thinks they will get sucked into the relegation battle, because they have no cutting edge. They do have Dykes, Bonne and Charlie Austin, all strikers who have, at some point, been championed by people on here, as players we should have been in for. In fact we would probably take any one of those now They may not be great at this level, but you would bank on them getting enough goals to keep QPR out of any relegation battle. What chance do we have of Rhodes, Windass, Paterson and Marriott, scoring the goals to keep us up

• Like 1