The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Interesting to see what that Pickering bid is worth,   Definitely someone we should be chasing 

Huge reservations from me, but told big chance Connor Wickham is back before window shuts 

See I am not against this. 

Yes he has injury problems but come on are we really in any position to be picky. He wants to play for us and is quality. But keeping fit is a massive issue. If he was fit we wouldn’t have a chance in hell of getting him. We can’t get anyone better so go for it as long as the wages are not stupid. 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Interesting to see what that Pickering bid is worth,   Definitely someone we should be chasing 

Huge reservations from me, but told big chance Connor Wickham is back before window shuts 

If there's any truth in this it suggests that NT is in charge until the end of the season. He knows & has worked with Wickham. Like you I'd have huge reservations with both Wickham coming back & slightly less so with NT in charge for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

Wickham will definitely leave Palace this window I reckon. He’s posting a lot of stuff about being fit again on social media too. He’s clearly not got a future there. He really hit some form with us around that Bristol City away win, before the inevitable  struck again.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Wickham will definitely leave Palace this window I reckon. He’s posting a lot of stuff about being fit again on social media too. He’s clearly not got a future there. He really hit some form with us around that Bristol City away win, before the inevitable  struck again.

I just get the feeling with Wickham, he's one of those players who's body isn't up to it after having a bad injury. 

It's almost the injury and the repair has left him a little short, I don't know how to put it really, like it's upset the whole rhythm of his body, like the repair has upset other things so he's always prone to injury. 

Either that or he's just been extremely unlucky and I'm completely wrong. 

Edited by Maddogbob

2 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

I just get the feeling with Wickham, he's one of those players who's body isn't up to it after having a bad injury. 

It's almost the injury and the repair has left him a little short, I don't know how to put it really, like it's upset the whole rhythm of his body, like the repair has upset other things so he's always prone to injury. 

Something about big mobile strikers. Always pick up injuries. Andy Carroll is similar.

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Something about big mobile strikers. Always pick up injuries. Andy Carroll is similar.

Yeah, Fletcher as well. 

Perhaps they arnt built for the modern game. 

It's a weird one. 

Although I'm pretty sure both had knee injuries like Wickham. 

3 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

If true about Wickham we really are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

yes. Another player that hasn’t played football for months and picks up injuries. We can’t rely on people like him to keep us up. Club yet again seems to have no idea about recruitment. 

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Toney former Newcastle player who dropped down to league one and playing for a very attack minder Peterborough scored a lot of goals.

Watkins who came from a very good youth academy at Exeter moving to Brentford after scoring 13 goals in a season at the age of 21. 

Or  Armand Gnanduillet who after playing 2 season with Blackpool and scoring 25 goals was released and ended up in the Greek second division with a team I have never heard off. 

You made me chuckle thanks 😁😁😁

You carry on and av a chuckle and dream on that well go sign some premier league  or top end championship striker for some decent transfer fee ? Those days been and gone were now shopping in a completely different market and unfortunately league one is were we headed unless we go magic something from somewhere 

Wickhams injury record is about as bad as it gets to be fair,  can put a good spin on it with his performances towards end of his last loan spell and his obvious desire to play for the club , but his injury record is appalling 

13 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Yeah, Fletcher as well. 

Perhaps they arnt built for the modern game. 

It's a weird one. 

Although I'm pretty sure both had knee injuries like Wickham. 

Probably because they are not really that mobile In recent years, Wickham has lost any mobility he once had which means he is a fairly static target man He’s only really been decent in one of his loan spells

Edited by gurujuan

So let’s say that the links etc come off and we end up with a window where we bring in:

Green - Winger

Hutch - DM or CB

Pickering - LB

Boljevic - Winger

Wickham - CF

whats everyone’s opinions of whether a squad with the above added would be enough to keep us up ? 

Personally I think it would but I would like an additional striker. 

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Probably because they are not really that mobile In recent years, Wickham has lost any mobility he once had which means he is a fairly static target man He’s only really been decent in one of his loan spells

A static target man is better than no target man. Easier to find as well, he's just where he was last time.lol

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

He really hit some form with us around that Bristol City away win

Come on PLEASE !!!!! What happens to people on Owlstalk that they lose all grasp on reality and fact. Really hit some form ....... ? You make it sound like he banged in hat-trick after hat-trick. Wickham is not the answer. Whatever the question. He did ok years and years ago. Get over it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

So let’s say that the links etc come off and we end up with a window where we bring in:

Green - Winger

Hutch - DM or CB

Pickering - LB

Boljevic - Winger

Wickham - CF

whats everyone’s opinions of whether a squad with the above added would be enough to keep us up ? 

Some people are never satisfied. lol

If we got those five I'd be amazed, mind you a manager would be nice as well.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Sadly he’s a busted flush. Nice lad by all accounts. Has an affinity to SWFC through his partner. But he’ll never be good again. Move on.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Green - Winger

Hutch - DM or CB

Pickering - LB

Boljevic - Winger

Wickham - CF

personally I don’t think it would be enough. Still so weak up top and Hutchinson and Wickham imo would be out injured a lot. Who knows about Green, hasn’t had a club for 6 months which is strange. How fit will he be? Who is Boljevic? Must have missed that one. 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

personally I don’t think it would be enough. Still so weak up top and Hutchinson and Wickham imo would be out injured a lot. Who knows about Green, hasn’t had a club for 6 months which is strange. How fit will he be? Who is Boljevic? Must have missed that one. 

Agree weak up top. Think we would need another striker. I’ve said before I’d like us to sign Wickham in the hope we can get him over his injuries but this would be probably be the rest of this season in the hope he’d get a good season at his best next year.... but we’d need another striker who can impact us now.

Hutchinson to me is a no brainer not been injured or suspended that much at us over the last few years it’s more him frozen out. 
serbian winger who us and derby are in for (apparently) but we have the advantage as Derby’s finances are worse than ours haha

Green is weird why haven’t we signed him before now ??

• Like 1