The final word on Honest Tone Pulisaurus Rex

18 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Not really. Pulis wasn’t my first choice but at the time I just wanted your Uncle Garry out and would have taken anyone. Pulis was poor of that there is no doubt but the squad Monk put together is pathetic. Not really Tony’s fault. Awful time to sack a manager too just before the window. Gives Chansiri an excuse not to spend anything now. Dephon Out!

Still , even after the absolute disaster of the Pulis era, Monk ( whose record this season is much , much better than Pulis ) still gets the stick.

re the squad.

the problem players have been , in the main, gray, Carlos and Bruce signings.  

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

We have no choice mate

He's just been sacked for not being a yes man

Think that is totally wrong. 

He is yesterdays man most knew it when took over. He may have had things to say to DC but you have to be speaking from position of strength and team had performed poorly. Also when you can not recruit a coaching team to help you it gives and indication of how left field he was. 

The DC / TP relationship was always going to be tricky as both have reputations and most knew would end in tears (your words).

Emphasis on here needs to switch to lessening influence of our stuffing adviser who looks to be lining up another one of his joker Poyet to replace Pulis. If he does appoint this geezer there is really no hope for us.

18 minutes ago, Quist said:

Think that is totally wrong. 

He is yesterdays man most knew it when took over. He may have had things to say to DC but you have to be speaking from position of strength and team had performed poorly. Also when you can not recruit a coaching team to help you it gives and indication of how left field he was. 

The DC / TP relationship was always going to be tricky as both have reputations and most knew would end in tears (your words).

Emphasis on here needs to switch to lessening influence of our stuffing adviser who looks to be lining up another one of his joker Poyet to replace Pulis. If he does appoint this geezer there is really no hope for us.

Big time

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Would not surprise me if the calibre of manager who would take the job is some like Campbell. 

Would love Lowe but he doesn’t deserve his chance under these circumstances.

Lowe is used to these circumstances, managed Bury when they was in poo and got them to win league. Good attacking manager, ex Wednesday. Give him a shot I say 

1 hour ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Not really. Pulis wasn’t my first choice but at the time I just wanted your Uncle Garry out and would have taken anyone. Pulis was poor of that there is no doubt but the squad Monk put together is pathetic. Not really Tony’s fault. Awful time to sack a manager too just before the window. Gives Chansiri an excuse not to spend anything now. Dephon Out!

This really. He wasn’t my choice either but ended up with 10 games. 2 of WHICH he played with 10 men. Don’t like his football but at least he had a plan and would have kept us up with a good window. Let’s see which clown we get now. 

47 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

A form guide cannot be the last word on this season.

Not Pulis' nor Monks.

The last word should be on this inept regime that has blown the club to the edge of the precipice.

Chansiri chose Monk.

Around 16 weeks ago he chose to really back Monk by bringing in the coaching staff that Monk wanted.

6 weeks ago Chansiri decided that Monk and all the coaching staff he appointed 3 months earlier weren't good enough and he booted them out

6 weeks after appointing Pulis and allowing him to bring in new members of coaching staff he has also now got the boot.

The owner has to take full responsibility for these decisions. 

2 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

This really. He wasn’t my choice either but ended up with 10 games. 2 of WHICH he played with 10 men. Don’t like his football but at least he had a plan and would have kept us up with a good window. Let’s see which clown we get now. 

The early red cards were bad luck - but he was also fortunate in some respects: 6 goals from 20 shots on target was more than usual - and there seemed to be at least 3 or 4 games; Blackburn, Barnsley, Swansea, Reading, where we seemed to score with our very first attack. That hardly ever happens, and even then we were never able to capitalise.

Monk was always a bit meh for me, but I felt like there were times he had us playing better than the results showed. If we'd scored with our first attack 4 times in 10 games under Monk I'm sure we'd have won some of them.

And the goals weren't due to brilliant coaching, except arguably the Swansea one, which was a corner routine.

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

@Jim - WHAT NOW???

You told me everything would be ok if we sacked Monk

You promised me that things would get better if we sacked Monk

Now look...

What now?

Give me some wise words of comfort

Forget your obvious personal dislike of Tony. Do you honestly think his sacking had anything whatsoever to do with football results?

Edited by sexpistol

Managers are to a large extent as good as their players.

This side is even worse than that of Stuart Gray, because at least he had Wickham.

Three years ago we had 7 forwards at the club, and one out on loan; what do we have now?

Tone's strategy was correct, and with a forward added to the team we'd probably have just about survived.

He was the last available dinosaur, and with him gone we're done for.

The progressives won't keep this team up, not a snowball's chance in hell, because it's not good enough to be in this division.

You need quality players to win games with their philosophy.

It's the hoofers, spoilers, and timewasters who beat the drop with a shower like ours.

We're going down to the Third because that's where we deserve to be.

Only Pulis could have cheated the hangman, but he's cleared his desk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Managers are to a large extent as good as their players.

This side is even worse than that of Stuart Gray, because at least he had Wickham.

Three years ago we had 7 forwards at the club, and one out on loan; what do we have now?

Tone's strategy was correct, and with a forward added to the team we'd probably have just about survived.

He was the last available dinosaur, and with him gone we're done for.

The progressives won't keep this team up, not a snowball's chance in hell, because it's not good enough to be in this division.

You need quality players to win games with their philosophy.

It's the hoofers, spoilers, and timewasters who beat the drop with a shower like ours.

We're going down to the Third because that's where we deserve to be.

Only Pulis could have cheated the hangman, but he's cleared his desk.

Nonsense 

our form totally and utterly collapsed when Pulis took over .  He was absolutely clueless in every respect, and a huge step down from monk.

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm 100% fully totally aware the issues

But I'm also aware there were actually Sheffield Wednesday fans (known for thelr love of attacking, exciting football) trying to convince others that 8-2-0 was the only formation to keep us up and that Pulis was doing the right things (whilst at the same time 'Tone' became historically our worst manager of all time)

They probably thought TP would keep us up, they were probably desperate to stay up.

Hardly a crime to have an alternative opinion to the rulers.

51 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Forget your obvious personal dislike of Tony. Do you honestly think his sacking had anything whatsoever to do with football results?

Of course it was down to results.

Monk was sacked after 12 points from 11 games.

the draw vs Blackburn was the match that meant Pulis could not beat that record .

Pulis failed horribly on the pitch .

advice to next manager - get more than 12 points in your first 11 games