The final word on Honest Tone Pulisaurus Rex

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

@Jim - WHAT NOW???

You told me everything would be ok if we sacked Monk

You promised me that things would get better if we sacked Monk

Now look...

What now?

Give me some wise words of comfort

Just woke up to the news. To say I’m stunned is an understatement.

I think we all knew what we were getting from Pulis apart from the Chairman?

His methods, how much they may be unpalatable to some work but at the same time he is forthright and I thought there was always question marks on how the two of them would get on and I think they have had the chat and that is was has seen a parting of the ways?

As for the future, can you really trust a man who has made one decent managerial appointment in 5 managers including 2 of the best managers over the last 2 decades at this level who have hung around here for less than two minutes.

Just a thought was Hutch’s departure from his club in Cyprus a coincidence? I wouldn’t be surprised if he was made player manager, I really wouldn’t.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

It was clear very early on that we were collapsing under Tony Pulis compared to Garry monk. Everything got much worse, very quickly. Chances, possession, clean sheets, goals and of course points. Decisions like subbing subs, recalling exiled goalies for howlers - it was all there for us to see.  

These ten matches under Tony Pulis will always be seen as a wretched footballing low to end what has been a truly appalling year in all respects. 

I have always said I will support the manager but Pulis did so little to justify that support, he is best saved for pithy comments on talkSPORT 2 for the rest of his career .

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jim said:

His methods, how much they may be unpalatable to some work but at the same time he is forthright and I thought there was always question marks on how the two of them would get on and I think they have had the chat and that is was has seen a parting of the ways?

As for the future, can you really trust a man who has made one decent managerial appointment in 5 managers including 2 of the best managers over the last 2 decades at this level who have hung around here for less than two minutes.

Just a thought was Hutch’s departure from his club in Cyprus a coincidence? I wouldn’t be surprised if he was made player manager, I really wouldn’t.

Yeah literally anything could happen now and not be a surprise anymore mate ❤️

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

My final word on his tenure will be to say I'm looking forward to an upturn in results and performances now he's gone. I backed him to succeed and was told that he was holding the club back and incapable of achieving anything cos he's a dinosaur. Now he's gone it'll improve right? When will that start? Tonight? Next week? 

Or will the next manager be useless as well? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

It was clear very early on that we were collapsing under Tony Pulis compared to Garry monk. Everything got much worse, very quickly. Chances, possession, clean sheets, goals and of course points. Decisions like subbing subs, recalling exiled goalies for howlers - it was all there for us to see.  

These ten matches under Tony Pulis will always be seen as a wretched footballing low to end what has been a truly appalling year in all respects. 

The worst thing wasn’t even the football

It was the number of fans who dropped to their knees to nosh him off and then shout at other Wednesday fans to tell them that playing an 8-2-0 formation and defending for 90 minutes is the only way to stay up and be successsful

That was horrific seeing our fans do that

Worse than Scientology 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, latemodelchild said:

My final word on his tenure will be to say I'm looking forward to an upturn in results and performances now he's gone. I backed him to succeed and was told that he was holding the club back and incapable of achieving anything cos he's a dinosaur. Now he's gone it'll improve right? When will that start? Tonight? Next week? 

It could only get worse by literally losing every match from now on.

7 points from 10 matches is relegated by Easter territory. I would back you and I to do better 

• Love 1

Guest Hornsby
19 minutes ago, Jim said:

Why is Pulis mate Paxo still here then?

2 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

We will see!

Question though - do you honestly think it could get any WORSE??

Owlstalk Shop

22 minutes ago, Jim said:

Think Hutch is coming back in some capacity 

Maybe with Bullen?

• Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

The worst thing wasn’t even the football

It was the number of fans who dropped to their knees to nosh him off and then shout at other Wednesday fans to tell them that playing an 8-2-0 formation and defending for 90 minutes is the only way to stay up and be successsful

That was horrific seeing our fans do that

Worse than Scientology 

The evidence was there from the start.

as soon as it became clear how badly this was going under Pulis , the squad was suddenly incapable of staying up and not even sir Alex could win a game with these losers.

despite monk being on track to stay up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

It will take months to undo the damage that Pulis has created.  

• Haha 1