The final word on Honest Tone Pulisaurus Rex

Pulis is surely finished as a manager now. Imagine the flak from supporters if any chairman went anywhere near him. I hoped he would save us from relegation despite misgivings when he was appointed, but some of the 'football' played has been as bad as it gets. No wonder the players looked so miserable and it’s not all about wages. 

Who next? Howe, Bilic, Pearson, Cook, Lowe. Out of those five only the latter two would possibly take the job. Lowe would be a massive gamble, so it’s Cook for me. 

Edited by Devonstrix

Just now, TodwickOwl said:

Think Hutch is coming back in some capacity 

Maybe with Bullen?

Was Morais involved with Chelsea when Hutchinson was there? Just trying to put the pieces together. I’m slowly convinced like you say Hutch is coming back in some capacity?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pulis was always a terrible appointment,.not a good fit at all so the stats no surprise and during those 10 games inflicted the worst football seen in many a year by those unfortunate enough to pay for the privelege of watching. 

The one benefit from this debacle is highlighting the real issue, which is the owner. 

Just now, Devonstrix said:

Pulis is surely finished as a manager now. Imagine the flak from supporters if any chairman went anywhere near him. I hoped he would save us from relegation despite misgivings when he was appointed, but some of the 'football' played has been as bad as it gets. No wonder the players looked so miserable and it’s not all about wages. 

Who next? Howe, Bilic, Pearson, Cook, Lowe. Out of those five only the latter two would probs lu take the job. Lowe would be a massive gamble, so it’s Cook for me. 

There are about 7.5 billion people in the world.

incredibly, of those 7.5 billion people, the most recent example of someone who failed to do the exact thing we need to do - save us from relegation with a points deduction - is Paul cook. 

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

The evidence was there from the start.

as soon as it became clear how badly this was going under Pulis , the squad was suddenly incapable of staying up and not even sir Alex could win a game with these losers.

despite monk being on track to stay up.

You've been banging the drum from day one with pure facts and stats, yet many still wouldn't listen that Pulis is much worse than Monk.

You were right all along of course and anyone who looked objectively at it could see it.  

• Like 1

That 10 game stint has killed us. Utterly killed us. 

Glad he's gone. 

That's not to say, the problems gone away. 

Now on realising your mistake, go and hire the manager you should have last time. 

Paul Cook. 

Edited by Maddogbob

Guest Hornsby
1 minute ago, quinnssweetshop said:

The clubs a sheiteshow ( staff excluded ) and Pulis's appointment stank of money for pals,

PAXO's role in the destruction of this club is palpable, yet he gets away scot free on here.

Up The Owls

Are you sure it's just a role?

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

There are about 7.5 billion people in the world.

incredibly, of those 7.5 billion people, the most recent example of someone who failed to do the exact thing we need to do - save us from relegation with a points deduction - is Paul cook. 

Disingenuous post. Wigan got hit with a 12 point deduction almost at the end of the season, when they were totally safe. If they’d got a 6 point deduction, they would have stayed up despite some very dodgy behaviour from the new owner. Who would you realistically want as the new man then?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 02.02.16.jpg

EqXrBe7XUAIsqSM-1.png

How many of those games were the players heads in the wrong space with not getting paid? How many of the games were when we had most of what is a threadbare squad available to play and not injured? Whilst I did not agree with the appointment of Pulis the book stops with one man running this despot organisation. His sacking after 4 points from two games (same as Monk) says it all. Players paid and seemingly working for a manager in spite of injuries and then this. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

It could only get worse by literally losing every match from now on.

7 points from 10 matches is relegated by Easter territory. I would back you and I to do better 

I know nowt about football really. All I'd do would be to put players where they feel comfortable. I'd tell the defence to not take chances, the midfield to keep it simple and the strikers to do what they felt right. I'm pretty sure TP didn't tell them to go out and be useless on the ball and disinterested without it. 

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We will see!

Question though - do you honestly think it could get any WORSE??

Yep, I'm worried we're about to see just how much worse it can get. Our record is better than the pigs so far this season, we could go on a run that changes that stat. I honestly think with a proper window TP would have changed results round. Wouldn't have been pretty, but all I care about is points. 

3 minutes ago, Manwë said:

It will take months to undo the damage that Pulis has created.  

What damage has pulis done? He didn't sign anyone and he isn't in charge of paying players. The damage is all being done by DC. Add in Monk for the signings and that's where the damage was done. And that's giving DC credit by blaming Monk, which I'm not sure is 100% fair. 

• Like 6

I said at the time, if we appoint Pulis, it could be our biggest mistake since paying all that money for Jordan Rhodes. To his credit, the man who made those mistakes, DC, has acted quickly to cut short the carnage. Is it too late? We’ll have to see who he appoints this time around

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The worst thing wasn’t even the football

It was the number of fans who dropped to their knees to nosh him off and then shout at other Wednesday fans to tell them that playing an 8-2-0 formation and defending for 90 minutes is the only way to stay up and be successsful

That was horrific seeing our fans do that

Worse than Scientology 

That’s hyperbole and you know it. Criticising Pulis deflects attention away from the real problem at this club. 

Two of the most successful manager at this level in Bruce and Pulis have not lasted 5 minutes under the current ownership. What does that tell you?

I’ll hold my hands up and apologise to Garry Monk for some of the grief I gave him. Working for this chairman is an impossible task and credit to Garry who must have bit his tongue for months and months. Difference between Pulis and Monk is that Tony had nothing to lose. He’s been there, done it and doesn’t need another management job - he could afford to tell DC what needed doing. Monk couldn’t. And hence Pulis only lasted 10 games.

I know you didn’t like Pulis. But I really think making the conversation about him, is EXACTLY what the chairman wants. This is much bigger than who is in the dugout.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

That’s hyperbole and you know it. Criticising Pulis deflects attention away from the real problem at this club. 

Two of the most successful manager at this level in Bruce and Pulis have not lasted 5 minutes under the current ownership. What does that tell you?

I’ll hold my hands up and apologise to Garry Monk for some of the grief I gave him. Working for this chairman is an impossible task and credit to Garry who must have bit his tongue for months and months. Difference between Pulis and Monk is that Tony had nothing to lose. He’s been there, done it and doesn’t need another management job - he could afford to tell DC what needed doing. Monk couldn’t. And hence Pulis only lasted 10 games.

I know you didn’t like Pulis. But I really think making the conversation about him, is EXACTLY what the chairman wants. This is much bigger than who is in the dugout.

I'm discussing the chairman too in all the other threads

But in this thread I just made the comment that our fans walking round ranting at other fans that going out defending for 90 minutes was the right thing to do and playing players out of position, subbing subs off etc made me sick in my own mouth

Owlstalk Shop