The final word on Honest Tone Pulisaurus Rex

44 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Disingenuous post. Wigan got hit with a 12 point deduction almost at the end of the season, when they were totally safe. If they’d got a 6 point deduction, they would have stayed up despite some very dodgy behaviour from the new owner. Who would you realistically want as the new man then?

We have no money to even pay the players, let alone a new manager.

Bullen and Thomson come at no additional cost to a wage Bill we currently can’t pay . 

if DC finds some money , go get big Dunc from Everton. 

Just now, SwintonLad99 said:

Who do you want in the hot seat next? 
I still think we have enough to stay up, and if we do then DC will have made a good decision to sack Pulis.

We definitely have enough to stay up

We had enough for Pulis to do better than he did

The players clearly hated training and hated playing the Pulis way
We have a squad busting to just get at teams and were told instead to stick to playing in lines and chasing after the ball like headless chickens and defending for 90 minutes

A manager with a positive outlook could come in, just say to the players "right go get em lads" and we'll pick up better results than Pulis gave us

And that's with or without the players getting paid on time

I've no preference on who comes in - it's pointless getting hopes up or even looking at potential candidates because Chansiri will out-chansiri us with a whacky appointment nobody saw coming

lol

How about you?

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We have no choice mate

He's just been sacked for not being a yes man

Every single experienced football man with knowledge and experience in the English games has left within weeks or months under DC. Roeder, Pearson, Hill, Senior, Aldridge, Meire, Bruce, Agnew, Clemence, Trusson and Pulis.

He simply doesn’t like anyone trying to improve the club and help him out. The above is evidence of this. His way or no way, and his way is wrong all the time.

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Glad to see Pulis go. He looked a poor appointment at the outset. A certain appeal to the kind of people who like listening on TalkSport to the kind of middle age ex-player who has headed too many footballs. But he ran south of already low expectations.

Which isn't, of course, to endorse Chansiri, who made this bad appointment in the first place, and of course more widely has failed to define a workable strategy for the club. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

It was clear very early on that we were collapsing under Tony Pulis compared to Garry monk. Everything got much worse, very quickly. Chances, possession, clean sheets, goals and of course points. Decisions like subbing subs, recalling exiled goalies for howlers - it was all there for us to see.  

These ten matches under Tony Pulis will always be seen as a wretched footballing low to end what has been a truly appalling year in all respects. 

I have always said I will support the manager but Pulis did so little to justify that support, he is best saved for pithy comments on talkSPORT 2 for the rest of his career .

So you got your wish Pulis is gone. What now another manager you don’t rate didn’t want don’t like. Pulis monk lukahy, aren’t the issue its Chansiri. 
name your first choice and I guarantee the results will still be poo The players aren’t good enough and even if they were nobody tows their bags out if they ain’t being paid. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Every single experienced football man with knowledge and experience in the English games has left within weeks or months under DC. Roeder, Pearson, Hill, Senior, Aldridge, Meire, Bruce, Agnew, Clemence, Trusson and Pulis.

He simply doesn’t like anyone trying to improve the club and help him out. The above is evidence of this. His way or no way, and his way is wrong all the time.

Agreed

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, nethertonowl said:

So you got your wish Pulis is gone. What now another manager you don’t rate didn’t want don’t like. Pulis monk lukahy, aren’t the issue its Chansiri. 
name your first choice and I guarantee the results will still be poo The players aren’t good enough and even if they were nobody tows their bags out if they ain’t being paid. 

Monk was doing fine this season

Pulis was a massive step down .

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

We have no money to even pay the players, let alone a new manager.

Bullen and Thomson come at no additional cost to a wage Bill we currently can’t pay . 

if DC finds some money , go get big Dunc from Everton. 

Duncan Ferguson of headbutting fame! That should end well the first time DC falls out with him. I see where you’re coming from 😀

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

We definitely have enough to stay up

We had enough for Pulis to do better than he did

The players clearly hated training and hated playing the Pulis way
We have a squad busting to just get at teams and were told instead to stick to playing in lines and chasing after the ball like headless chickens and defending for 90 minutes

A manager with a positive outlook could come in, just say to the players "right go get em lads" and we'll pick up better results than Pulis gave us

And that's with or without the players getting paid on time

I've no preference on who comes in - it's pointless getting hopes up or even looking at potential candidates because Chansiri will out-chansiri us with a whacky appointment nobody saw coming

lol

How about you?

My heads saying go for Ryan Lowe. Young, attacking manager and low  wage. Think his style of play will suit our players. 
probably end up with a manager we haven’t heard of. Whatever happens tho mate I’ll be backing the players no protest from me I’ll be watching tonight. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

Gutted aren't you?

Not really. Pulis wasn’t my first choice but at the time I just wanted your Uncle Garry out and would have taken anyone. Pulis was poor of that there is no doubt but the squad Monk put together is pathetic. Not really Tony’s fault. Awful time to sack a manager too just before the window. Gives Chansiri an excuse not to spend anything now. Dephon Out!

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

2 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Not really. Pulis wasn’t my first choice but at the time I just wanted your Uncle Garry out and would have taken anyone. Pulis was poor of that there is no doubt but the squad Monk put together is pathetic. Not really Tony’s fault. Awful time to sack a manager too just before the window. Gives Chansiri an excuse not to spend anything now. Dephon Out!

I'm not gonna bicker with you of who was worst between Monk and Pulisaurus Rex mate
I'm just gonna agree with your final remark ♥️

Owlstalk Shop