The final word on Honest Tone Pulisaurus Rex

38 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We will see!

Question though - do you honestly think it could get any WORSE??

God yes 

I’m at the stage as I said previously to you that I’m loosing the interest in them after 40 years 

We are not going to change anything so just sit back and try and find some perverse pleasure from watching it 

Back in the Alan days I craved us to have some nutter in charge of us just so we could have something interesting happening just like you use to get abroad 

now I guess it’s careful what you wish for isn’t it 

24 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Two of the most successful manager at this level in Bruce and Pulis have not lasted 5 minutes under the current ownership. What does that tell you?

The myth of Pulis gathers pace every day. He's had about 20 seasons in the football league and never won a league title. And only ever two promotions - Gillingham from the fourth division in 1996 and Stoke from the second division in 2008. Slim pickings. 5 of his 11 jobs he has now not lasted a full season. Win percentage 36%. Hardly a success - bang average, with most of those average seasons being more than a decade ago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Emerson Thome said:

The myth of Pulis gathers pace every day. He's had about 20 seasons in the football league and never won a league title. And only ever two promotions - Gillingham from the fourth division in 1996 and Stoke from the second division in 2008. Slim pickings. 5 of his 11 jobs he has now not lasted a full season. Win percentage 36%. Hardly a success - bang average, with most of those average seasons being more than a decade ago.

Yep - 100% correct

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, TodwickOwl said:

Do you really think Pulis walked away from a pay off?

No I don’t. I believe the relationship between chairman and manager broke down because the chairman doesn’t like people challenging him or his way of doing things.

Ironically despite his record, a man like Pulis is exactly what the club needs. An experienced football man to guide the club, but yet again the chairman can’t see the clear and obvious things everyone else can. Because he believes he knows what’s best. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

And in those 10 games we could have been closer. 

Yes we could. BUT don't forget, Pulis never had any chance to change his squad. He was never in a position to buy or loan , any player that he thought might strengthen the squad.. There was also a lot of press talk about players not getting paid, and Pulis being approached byb several clubs. There is much more behind this than the actual results. Oh to be a fly on the wall!

And what about the ones who had a major part in this -the players . The same players who started off a season so well.

2 minutes ago, SwintonLad99 said:

Actually need to apologise to a few as I was Pulis in but I hold my hands up I was so wrong. Question, if the manager wasn’t a ‘big name’ in English football like Pulis would fans still have this much uproar about the sacking? It’s a results game. 

No need to ever apologise for your views mate - all are welcome

(but will be challenged and ridlculed and mocked where appropriate)

lol

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

He did a fantastic job at Stoke.

Won Premier League manager of the year at Palace a few years back.

Questionable job at West Brom but managed them in the Premier League.

Solid job at this level with Boro guiding them to the Play Offs despite having to sell his best players.

But yes let’s get rid of the experience this club so desperately needs and replace him with another Paixao yes man. Just what we need. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No I don’t. I believe the relationship between chairman and manager broke down because the chairman doesn’t like people challenging him or his way of doing things.

Ironically despite his record, a man like Pulis is exactly what the club needs. An experienced football man to guide the club, but yet again the chairman can’t see the clear and obvious things everyone else can. Because he believes he knows what’s best. 

We need some more experience behind the scenes in how to run a football club. But not someone like Pulis, a) because of his brand of football and b) after the shenanigans at Palace, he clearly wasn't someone trustworthy who you could rely on to build something over a number of seasons.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Yes we could. BUT don't forget, Pulis never had any chance to change his squad. He was never in a position to buy or loan , any player that he thought might strengthen the squad.. There was also a lot of press talk about players not getting paid, and Pulis being approached byb several clubs. There is much more behind this than the actual results. Oh to be a fly on the wall!

And what about the ones who had a major part in this -the players . The same players who started off a season so well.

He was the one that threw them under the bus and stated that they weren't good enough and wanted to replace them. 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No need to ever apologise for your views mate - all are welcome

(but will be challenged and ridlculed and mocked where appropriate)

lol

Who do you want in the hot seat next? 
I still think we have enough to stay up, and if we do then DC will have made a good decision to sack Pulis.