The final word on Honest Tone Pulisaurus Rex

Just now, Yorksowl said:

So if a manager of your choice doesn’t get any better results than what Pulis got, you would still put It down to Pulis’s short tenure. Do you not think the damage had already been caused before the arrival of Pulis. He didn’t help the situation we are in but I can’t see any reasonable manager turning this crock if shi:te around even before the arrival of Pulis. Like it’s been said a thousand times before on here,  it ain’t the manager what’s the issue.

Wish people had realised this when Monk was here though

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

That’s hyperbole and you know it. Criticising Pulis deflects attention away from the real problem at this club. 

Two of the most successful manager at this level in Bruce and Pulis have not lasted 5 minutes under the current ownership. What does that tell you?

I’ll hold my hands up and apologise to Garry Monk for some of the grief I gave him. Working for this chairman is an impossible task and credit to Garry who must have bit his tongue for months and months. Difference between Pulis and Monk is that Tony had nothing to lose. He’s been there, done it and doesn’t need another management job - he could afford to tell DC what needed doing. Monk couldn’t. And hence Pulis only lasted 10 games.

I know you didn’t like Pulis. But I really think making the conversation about him, is EXACTLY what the chairman wants. This is much bigger than who is in the dugout.

Good luck with this. There's none so blind as them that won't see when it comes down to the real issues at the club. I reckon once we've gone through another 3 managers it might start to sink in   

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Pulis is surely finished as a manager now. Imagine the flak from supporters if any chairman went anywhere near him. I hoped he would save us from relegation despite misgivings when he was appointed, but some of the 'football' played has been as bad as it gets. No wonder the players looked so miserable and it’s not all about wages. 

Who next? Howe, Bilic, Pearson, Cook, Lowe. Out of those five only the latter two would possibly take the job. Lowe would be a massive gamble, so it’s Cook for me. 

Might just as well put in a revolving door for the managers office.

I don't believe any of those will put their reputations on the line with us, none of them need the money and can wait for a better club than us to come along, and lets face it, it isn't hard to be a better club than us.

1 minute ago, latemodelchild said:

Good luck with this. There's none so blind as them that won't see when it comes down to the real issues at the club. I reckon once we've gone through another 3 managers it might start to sink in   

I'm 100% fully totally aware the issues

But I'm also aware there were actually Sheffield Wednesday fans (known for thelr love of attacking, exciting football) trying to convince others that 8-2-0 was the only formation to keep us up and that Pulis was doing the right things (whilst at the same time 'Tone' became historically our worst manager of all time)

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I'm 100% fully totally aware the issues

But I'm also aware there were actually Sheffield Wednesday fans (known for thelr love of attacking, exciting football) trying to convince others that 8-2-0 was the only formation to keep us up and that Pulis was doing the right things (whilst at the same time 'Tone' became historically our worst manager of all time)

I dont care how we play. I believe pulis would have got results but it wouldn't have been pretty. Whoever the next person in is will have the same problems. It's purely about results. Give it a month and you be throwing up in your mouth about fans telling other fans 'at least we're playing nice football even though results haven't improved'. 

It doesn't matter how we play. It doesn't matter who is in charge. The end result will be the same until a manager is allowed to do what's needed. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

That 10 game stint has killed us. Utterly killed us. 

Glad he's gone. 

That's not to say, the problems gone away. 

Now on realising your mistake, go and hire the manager you should have last time. 

Paul Cook. 

We are 3 points away from safety with more than half the season to go, we are not relegated yet, but unless we can get some goal scorers into the squad we WILL be relegated no matter who the manager is.

• Like 2

Just now, latemodelchild said:

I dont care how we play. I believe pulis would have got results but it wouldn't have been pretty. Whoever the next person in is will have the same problems. It's purely about results. Give it a month and you be throwing up in your mouth about fans telling other fans 'at least we're playing nice football even though results haven't improved'. 

It doesn't matter how we play. It doesn't matter who is in charge. The end result will be the same until a manager is allowed to do what's needed. 

Absolutely bang on. 

The football has not been enjoyable for years under the current ownership. 

Let’s not look back on the spells of Monk, Luhukay and the end of Carlos’ reign as anything better than Pulis. It was all garbage and that is because the problem is bigger than the manager. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adelphi1867 said:

We are 3 points away from safety with more than half the season to go, we are not relegated yet, but unless we can get some goal scorers into the squad we WILL be relegated no matter who the manager is.

And in those 10 games we could have been closer. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Absolutely bang on. 

The football has not been enjoyable for years under the current ownership. 

Let’s not look back on the spells of Monk, Luhukay and the end of Carlos’ reign as anything better than Pulis. It was all garbage and that is because the problem is bigger than the manager. 

Always has been. 

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I found supporting Wednesday far more enjoyable under Mandaric and Dave Allen. 

Mandaric wasn't to bad. 

We are borderline peak Allen right now. If not worse. 

And sadly there is no way out other than sale or bust to this sorry mess unfortunately and We allowed it to happen. 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We will see!

Question though - do you honestly think it could get any WORSE??

As bad as things are, yes they will get worse.

Soon we will look at our time in the championship as a fond (ish) memory.

We are heading for the the very bottom of the barrell

9 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

I dont care how we play. I believe pulis would have got results  

historically the absolute worst manager we have had in so many different breakdowns 

However you look at it he wasn't the right bloke in any way whatsoever

Wednesday fans won't tolerate 8-2-0 formations, defending for 90 minutes and one win in ten

Chansiri won't tolerate anyone who's not a yes man

Owlstalk Shop

18 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

That’s hyperbole and you know it. Criticising Pulis deflects attention away from the real problem at this club. 

Two of the most successful manager at this level in Bruce and Pulis have not lasted 5 minutes under the current ownership. What does that tell you?

I’ll hold my hands up and apologise to Garry Monk for some of the grief I gave him. Working for this chairman is an impossible task and credit to Garry who must have bit his tongue for months and months. Difference between Pulis and Monk is that Tony had nothing to lose. He’s been there, done it and doesn’t need another management job - he could afford to tell DC what needed doing. Monk couldn’t. And hence Pulis only lasted 10 games.

I know you didn’t like Pulis. But I really think making the conversation about him, is EXACTLY what the chairman wants. This is much bigger than who is in the dugout.

Pulis was sacked because his form was utterly dreadful and indefensible 

Made zero impact in ten games

We actually looked worse under Pulis than Monk

How does THAT happen?! 

• Like 1

Interesting that Vic Buckingham is third in the all time chart.  Sacking him was one of our worst ever mistakes. Rarely gets mentioned.  

Impossible to judge Pulis.  He should have been given til the end of the season.  Playing one up front with Rhodes on the bench seemed daft to me, but what do I know?  

• Like 2