Paterson should have “taken one for the team”

Guest Bulgaria
6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The last two matches have virtually passed him by and his biggest impact this month was made on one of the seats in the south stand. 

And on the toilet seats at Hillsborough.

I bet they groan in unison when they see Patters coming through the door.

Sometimes you just have to doff your cap to a superb goal. I said we'd be happy to come home with a point and we did just that. 

Missed a  vital piece of commentary so failed to grasp why Tom Lees effort was ruled out ?

Pulis obviously into their ribs about getting more onto their front foot second half.

Superb leveler with a little burst of acceleration, so can't grumble too much. 

Just now, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Sometimes you just have to doff your cap to a superb goal. I said we'd be happy to come home with a point and we did just that. 

Missed a  vital piece of commentary so failed to grasp why Tom Lees effort was ruled out ?

Pulis obviously into their ribs about getting more onto their front foot second half.

Superb leveler with a little burst of acceleration, so can't grumble too much. 

Lees was just offside...looks like his foot was off but very very close

11 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

It is frustrating, but it was a very well taken goal.

Haven't seen it back since the game, but I think Paterson was always the wrong side of him - and not even that close to get the foul in. Its not a simple shirt pull it would have had to have been a real two yard lunge which might have risked a red and also given them a free-kick in a perfect position. And Lees was left isolated because the forward made an excellent decoy run around the outside of him. Dunkley couldn't step inside as he was marking another man in the middle.

Only one for me who could have done more was Bannan - he kind of hung a leg out, but with a bit more feeling could have jostled him off-balance a little.

By and large we defended well, but it is the risk if we only ever score one goal, eventually decent opponents are going to hurt us.

Paterson was close enough for a second or two to foul Rothwell.  90% of Championship players foul opposition players for lesser chances - you can’t deny that. Paterson should have kicked Rothwell into the air. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Paterson.

Runs around, gives his all and seems a top bloke, but I've absolutely no idea where he is supposed to play.

The proverbial 2nd touch is a tackle.

Truth is Paterson isn't a defender, he's an ok midfielder and definitely not a centre forward. He lumbers around a lot and he tries hard but he's just not very good.

At present I can't see why he is keeping Brown out of the side as a midfielder. He really shouldn't get near the team.

For the goal I think they all held off fouling the scorer because there was cover between him and the goal, they never thought he'd wriggle through then it was too late to foul because it would have been a penalty. It was a good goal. 

Despite their pressure they didn't really create much. I still think they will do well this season. I'm glad we got the point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

All of them, every single one?

How much do you know about their keeper, Kaminski? Ryan Nayambe? Lenihan? Chapman, Pears, Bell, Davenport, Dolan? 

I know enough to take every last one of them. I’d snap their hand off to swap every member of their squad, coaches and manager for ours.

That’s not a huge glowing endorsement of them kind. Their are third division Scottish teams that I’ve only laughed at their names that I’d do similar with right now though. 

To quote @Roscoe P. Coltrane

"Paterson is the Sunday league big bully" ......

"Pick me or I'll batter you"

Come Sunday blowing out of his àrse 2 minutes in ......

Never been a footballer....

Never will be a footballer ...

He gets in the Scotland team 

Fletcher & Bannan don't.....

That's where we are .......

Says it all with our recruitment....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I know enough to take every last one of them. I’d snap their hand off to swap every member of their squad, coaches and manager for ours.

That’s not a huge glowing endorsement of them kind. Their are third division Scottish teams that I’ve only laughed at their names that I’d do similar with right now though. 

OK mate. Have you been tracking Aynsley Pears career progression at Gateshead? 

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

OK mate. Have you been tracking Aynsley Pears career progression at Gateshead? 

Nope! I can’t say I’ve heard of many of them let alone followed their careers. But I’d still take them all over our mob.