Paterson should have “taken one for the team”

8 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Bannan thought about it. You see him hang his leg out then pull it back.

Terrible to concede like that but I’d swap our entire team and subs for theirs so a draw seems like decent result. 

thats twice I have watched a game invoving Blackburn recently, us and v Rovrum and both times they have not impressed me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Bannan thought about it. You see him hang his leg out then pull it back.

Terrible to concede like that but I’d swap our entire team and subs for theirs so a draw seems like decent result. 

All of them, every single one?

How much do you know about their keeper, Kaminski? Ryan Nayambe? Lenihan? Chapman, Pears, Bell, Davenport, Dolan? 

3 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Indeed. I’m baffled to what position he plays. 

So is the manager judging by the different positions he plays him in! 

Guest Bulgaria

Paterson.

Runs around, gives his all and seems a top bloke, but I've absolutely no idea where he is supposed to play.

The proverbial 2nd touch is a tackle.

5 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I think Paterson plays because he offers a physical presence up front and in midfield. We sorely missed a target man. 

I understand that as a theory but has he really offered much of an impact in terms of being a physical presence? The last two matches have virtually passed him by and his biggest impact this month was made on one of the seats in the south stand. 

It is frustrating, but it was a very well taken goal.

Haven't seen it back since the game, but I think Paterson was always the wrong side of him - and not even that close to get the foul in. Its not a simple shirt pull it would have had to have been a real two yard lunge which might have risked a red and also given them a free-kick in a perfect position. And Lees was left isolated because the forward made an excellent decoy run around the outside of him. Dunkley couldn't step inside as he was marking another man in the middle.

Only one for me who could have done more was Bannan - he kind of hung a leg out, but with a bit more feeling could have jostled him off-balance a little.

By and large we defended well, but it is the risk if we only ever score one goal, eventually decent opponents are going to hurt us.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

Problem was Paterson was never close enough to foul him. He looked liked someone who had enjoyed a 3rd helping of Christmas pudding. He was miles off. He’s got a back side bigger than Beyoncé!

He won twice as many tackles as any of our other players today, made as many interceptions as any other player, and only Dunkley and Lees made more clearances. Plus he put in a perfect cross for Lees' narrowly offside goal and did a brilliant sliding block in the first half to prevent a good shooting opportunity. On the other hand, he messed up a few simple passes and spannered an attempt at an overhead kick.

The fact he's a big bulky unit does mean he wins his fair share of headers and I actually don't think he was too bad today. WhoScored actually have him as our Man of the Match. Certainly looks better in midfield for me than upfront. He gets around the pitch okay as a midfielder, just has absolutely no pace, which is why he was very rarely a striker at Cardiff.

• Like 1
  • Love 1