Paterson should have “taken one for the team”

Patterson is the archetypal Sunday League sub.

"We're a bare 11 lads, anyone got any mates they can't draft in?"

"Aye, Callum will have a game"

"Where's he play?"

"Anywhere really, he relatively big, can kick a ball and reckons he's got a long throw... Says he was scouted for United when he was younger but I'm not sure I believe that..."

"Ok, bring him along but make sure he's not expecting 90 minutes"

"Will do fella... Not sure if he's got his own boots, does anyone have any spare size 9s?"

Patterson is awful, but if you want to have a go sta player, take a look at JPs role in their goal, he just jogs at the side of him, doesn’t sprint and pressure him to assist the defenders, awful from a defensive midfielder, also if you watch the highlights from Quest , their first chance he is with Gallagher on the edge of the box and he just leaves him, he is so static it’s unreal, if you want to ball watch Joey, sign up to I follow and crack on

I don’t really rate Paterson to be honest, he’s long throws have come to nothing,he doesn’t really offer anything in midfield, not his position in all fairness should either stick him up front and leave him there as target man or similar to nuhiu hold the ball up if we are winning,not really sure where he fits in