41 from 87

Thing is i think were all pinning on our hopes on January but when are we any good in a transfer window ?? Since the committee disbanded every window has made us worse. Now i know we can only get better in this window will it be enough to keep us up ?? I am starting to have my doubts. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

Would another 41 points from the 87 we’ve got left to play for be enough for safety ? 50 points may be enough this season . I always thought we’d survive but starting to have my doubts as the games , lack of goals and wins tick by . 

We have taken 30pts in 2020. Yep, 30pts in almost a full calendar year. 

Edited by S36 OWL

52 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Just had a look on the odds on odds checker and bookies have us at 13/8 to go down.

I don’t think they know the seriousness of our situation. Do you think we can stay up with this group of players, playing this style of football and after performances like that last night ? Last night, had league one written all over it. 

38 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I don’t think they know the seriousness of our situation. Do you think we can stay up with this group of players, playing this style of football and after performances like that last night ? Last night, had league one written all over it. 

Indeed and the club is so badly run we will fall further down the leagues, until DC either bring in someone to run the club or sells up to someone who knows what they are doing, the club will only sink further and further.

The only thing that has delayed it is the massive amount of cash the fans pay over each season from the excessive ticket and merchandise prices. As has been seen, DC the man that does not need our money (as he has told us in the past) is taking loans out to pay for things when he does not have the fans money.

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

We have taken 30pts in 2020. Yep, 30pts in almost a full calendar year. 

Its actually 32 points. As if that makes things significantly better! :ghoulguy:

32 points from the last 40 league games. 

33 goals scored in those 40 games.

over 12 months since we scored more than 1 in a game at home. 

The last time we scored more than 2 in a game at home was April 2019. 

Enjoy your football! 

If you want to keep going down the route of a transfer policy that brings in expensive players with the aim of achieving promotion then you have to pay the expensive prices..........

19 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Wow , no wonder I don’t miss going to the matches at the moment. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:

The Bookies probably think being a big club we will splash out in the Transfer window to get ourselves out of trouble.

45 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Its actually 32 points. As if that makes things significantly better! :ghoulguy:

Enjoy your football! 

If you want to keep going down the route of a transfer policy that brings in expensive players with the aim of achieving promotion then you have to pay the expensive prices..........

Puts it into context doesn't it. We've been on a downward spiral for nearly 12 months. I think that without something collectively switching on, and changes happening in the form of player acquisition, tactics, formation and existing player form improvement, we are doomed.

I wouldn't say it's the worst team I've ever seen, but it doesn't give me any confidence or provides any excitement whatsoever. 2 years ago under JL we were attritional but at least he had Fletcher et al to fall back on. Now we have Kacunga, who's like Sunday league player

2 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Totally disagree,  Last night had non league written all over it.

• Like 1

The players we have at the moment barring a couple of them are league one players. I thought that 12 points deducted originally would send us down, but they gave us 6 points back, I thought we'd be OK. I still think Pulis is right for the club in this predicament but we will be relegated I'm sure.

2 minutes ago, Flying V said:

The players we have at the moment barring a couple of them are league one players. 

Yet we were on course for safety at the point Monk got fired

We were told though that absolutely ANY manager could come in and get more out of the players here through basic man management

Pulis comes in, fails spectularly, and now it's all 'these players are league one players'

WTF

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop