41 from 87

27 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yet we were on course for safety at the point Monk got fired

We were told though that absolutely ANY manager could come in and get more out of the players here through basic man management

Pulis comes in, fails spectularly, and now it's all 'these players are league one players'

WTF

Monk wasn't the answer, he had lost a lot of the fans and was getting desperate. However, he did show in the first half at Birmingham that this team had some ability and could play football. Unfortunately that will be the last time we pass the ball this season. He needed to go but he was replaced by a worse option.

Pulis was one of the last people i would have wanted and i find it impossible to see any positives about his appointment. There are far too many people on here and who follow Wednesday in general that were blinkered to how he sets up his teams just because he's had some results in the past. It's not football and it will not provide enough for us to make the most out of the squad we have. Unless he brings in a few players in January who are big and quick to chase down the scraps we pump forward we are doomed.

• Love 1

Guest LondonOwl313

Looking at the fixture list I think we need to hit a purple patch right now. Barnsley, Blackburn, Boro, Coventry (twice), Wycombe, Forest and Derby are the next 8 games. We need to be on 25 from 25 I think by that point. So that’s 5 wins and a draw from the next 8. Any less than 4 wins and I think we’re too far gone and will be finishing on low 40s points wise which won’t be enough 

Guest whowantstoberich
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Yet we were on course for safety at the point Monk got fired

We were told though that absolutely ANY manager could come in and get more out of the players here through basic man management

Pulis comes in, fails spectularly, and now it's all 'these players are league one players'

WTF

Omg let it go mate MONK HAS GONE 🤦‍♂️ 

HE WAS poo, deal with it!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Animis said:

Puts it into context doesn't it. We've been on a downward spiral for nearly 12 months. I think that without something collectively switching on, and changes happening in the form of player acquisition, tactics, formation and existing player form improvement, we are doomed.

I wouldn't say it's the worst team I've ever seen, but it doesn't give me any confidence or provides any excitement whatsoever. 2 years ago under JL we were attritional but at least he had Fletcher et al to fall back on. Now we have Kacunga, who's like Sunday league player

More noticeable in last 12 months but the downward spiral started after Wembley, it's been shoddy decision making on a large scale ever since. So many bad mistakes in the transfer market. I think change has to happen at the top. DC has to start thinking about what he's doing as the 'throw money at it' plan is well and truly shot.

It's been said many times by many people on here, get some help from football knowledgeable people and get a sustainable plan in place. 

Without this no manager will have success long term. Maybe that's partly the resigned apathy we all have towards SWFC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Looking at the fixture list I think we need to hit a purple patch right now. Barnsley, Blackburn, Boro, Coventry (twice), Wycombe, Forest and Derby are the next 8 games. We need to be on 25 from 25 I think by that point. So that’s 5 wins and a draw from the next 8. Any less than 4 wins and I think we’re too far gone and will be finishing on low 40s points wise which won’t be enough 

Barnsley (lose) , Blackburn (lose), Boro (lose), Coventry (possibly get a point on each occasion), Wycombe (if it’s owt like last time...), Forest (win) and Derby (draw).

and that’s being optimistic, just can’t see us winning games at all. 

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
8 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

Barnsley (lose) , Blackburn (lose), Boro (lose), Coventry (possibly get a point on each occasion), Wycombe (if it’s owt like last time...), Forest (win) and Derby (draw).

and that’s being optimistic, just can’t see us winning games at all. 

Well this is the thing.. go out with no attacking intent then we could end up with 2 wins, 3 draws and 3 defeats. Might scrape past Wycombe and Coventry at home. But if we only do that we’d be sat on 18 from 25 games and can’t see us coming back from that. 

Need to go for some wins right now 

20 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Well this is the thing.. go out with no attacking intent then we could end up with 2 wins, 3 draws and 3 defeats. Might scrape past Wycombe and Coventry at home. But if we only do that we’d be sat on 18 from 25 games and can’t see us coming back from that. 

Need to go for some wins right now 

Just can’t see that with playing 1 upfront. At least go 4-4-2 and try going for it, it’d make no difference to the results were getting if we lost games anyway. 

7 hours ago, Avon barksdale said:

Would another 41 points from the 87 we’ve got left to play for be enough for safety ? 50 points may be enough this season . I always thought we’d survive but starting to have my doubts as the games , lack of goals and wins tick by . 

By the time the January window is arrived at you can write off another five games and given that we won't sign players straight away you can add another four games. That leaves about 60 points to play for probably needing 32 points, allowing a point a game in those nine matches, to reach 50. Of course, it might be that we lose more ground as any new signings will need time to adjust. We could well need top six form to survive over the last 15 matches. We're in a very precarious situation IMO.

19 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

By the time the January window is arrived at you can write off another five games and given that we won't sign players straight away you can add another four games. That leaves about 60 points to play for probably needing 32 points, allowing a point a game in those nine matches, to reach 50. Of course, it might be that we lose more ground as any new signings will need time to adjust. We could well need top six form to survive over the last 15 matches. We're in a very precarious situation IMO.

I agree , I said before the Huddersfield game it could another 11 games before we sign someone , it’s now another game gone by. Given that Forest and Derby will also be looking to invest in players in January. We are in serious sh@t. Pulis got to start picking up points with the players he’s got. 

Without the points penalty we would be just above the drop zone

As it stands we need playoff form just to survive 

Ain't happening 

The players and the clueless moron who owns the club has seen us relegated