Tony Pulis post match comments

When Monk started talking about reach as a central attacker and double breaks were being wheeled into the club the consensus was that we'd do very well to stay up.

We've had 6 points back but nothing has changed really.

We'll still do well to stay up.

What happened with that Flint btw..is he going to be another one?

17 minutes ago, Bigger Guns said:

I just can’t understand how people can still make excuses for pulis. I get the squad has limitations, but pulis’ 30 year career has basically been built on getting the best out of what he has and being difficult to beat.

If he’s as good as some of you lot think, why can he not even match monk’s points per game average?

I'm not sure people are making excuses.

It's my firm belief that most of the fan base didn't really want him. 

I think it's more a case that there is so much daily negativity around the man (The Twitter storm on his unveiling was actually pretty disgusting) that people who didn't want him but are more accepting of him, and the fact that there's little choice in the matter at this early stage, have by proxy taken on the role of devils advocate against a constant wave of negativity which started before he even arrived, and which, one suspects, won't let up until he's wheeled to the exit with his P45. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

When Monk started talking about reach as a central attacker and double breaks were being wheeled into the club the consensus was that we'd do very well to stay up.

We've had 6 points back but nothing has changed really.

We'll still do well to stay up.

What happened with that Flint btw..is he going to be another one?

Hes back at his parent club getting treatment like the lad from Derby Marriott?

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Bigger Guns said:

Still you.

You replied to my comment in which I was comparing to Monk. I’m saying the last manager got a little bit more out of them that what pulis has managed.

You're saying he’s found a group he can’t do anything with and I think Pulis should be able to match what Monk got out of them at the very least.

Why are you going on about Monk? He's gone.

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

I think it's more a case that there is so much daily negativity around the man (The Twitter storm on his unveiling was actually pretty disgusting) that people who didn't want him but are more accepting of him, and the fact that there's little choice in the matter at this early stage, have by proxy taken on the role of devils advocate against a constant wave of negativity which started before he even arrived, and which, one suspects, won't let up until he's wheeled to the exit with his P45. 

Going to have to disagree with you. Plenty blaming monk and the players. Neither of those decided to play a back 6 and bring Joey on to chase a game

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

He’ll change most people’s minds by getting results. That’s what we’re told he’s good at. I want a bit more - but would also accept less in terms of points - but I’m sort of greedy. 

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Why are you going on about Monk? He's gone.

Is it unreasonable to draw comparisons between a current manager and one from our very recent past? 

Is that not how performance is measured in all walks of life? Comparison against certain metrics and others in the same field? 

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Win some games then ‘Tone’

Or at least look like you’re sending your team out to TRY to

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Bigger Guns said:

Is it unreasonable to draw comparisons between a current manager and one from our very recent past? 

Is that not how performance is measured in all walks of life? Comparison against certain metrics and others in the same field? 

No it's not.

I'm questioning what purpose it serves.

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

He’ll change most people’s minds by getting results. That’s what we’re told he’s good at. I want a bit more - but would also accept less in terms of points - but I’m sort of greedy. 

We need results and fast. The worrying thing about tonight is that whilst we know we have a lack of quality, what we should never have is a lack of endeavour or willingess.  They looked cream crackered, and that has to be a concern going into a huge game with Barnsley now.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Take Monk out of it then

Instead of his name/personality just put ‘previous manager’ on the stat sheet and evaluate it without any of the emotion or history and just on pure performance 

This answer will go for you and bigger guns.

I don't need to compare Pulis and Monk to see what's going off.

It's as simple as that.