Tony Pulis Press Confrerence

58 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

TP on injuries

Barry is the only one that we’ll check on. He won’t do a lot today.

It’s whether I start him or bring him on and keep him for the coming games. I’ll make a decision in the next 24 hours.

Aden and Marriott went back to their mother clubs and are being treated there. Flinty would be a big addition I know him well.

Reachy, Flinty, Pato. 

Bet you're loving this

lol

Edited by pazowl55
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Based on the last few games I would replace Lees for Iorfa. A like for like change that does not mean we have to change everybody in the backline to accommodate Iorfa.

Breaking up Lees and Borner is the last thing we should do at the moment, they have both been good together since Pulis came in.

Want to see Iorfa back in the team but not at the expense of one of those 2, we have much more pressing issues in other positions were Iorfa can play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Yep in modern none contact football 100% red card, back when men were men and rolling around on the floor got you laugh at not a penalty, free kick or the other player sent off no.

Thankfully this is long in the past.

The game is much better now because skillful players have some level of protection. Its improved things massively as a spectacle.

Of course no one likes to see players rolling around etc but that's not the fault of the red card rules.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Sent off for a challenge that 5 years ago would have got nothing, has football become a non contact sport where players giving 100% in each challenge are sent off and players diving and rolling around to cheat other players is an accepted part of the game. 

We need to wake up, we are playing in 2020, not 1980, life changes laws change, do you remember the good old days when we could have 6 pints and get in the car and drive home. Every single football player know what the rules regarding reckless or dangerous play are. Dangerous play = red card.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

TP: 

The important thing is we get everybody fit.

Fingers crossed in the next week or two we could get into that situation.

We will then see where we are over the Christmas period.

We want to be in front of the game. The squad will want to see one or two come in.

There is no doubt about it that they are a really good group of players but they want to see the group enhanced with a little more quality.

The inclination is from the chairman is to have a good look at and then sit down and talk about it. He has been supportive.

What? Dunkley too. Is he training now?

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

As Pulis says, contract dates are the last thing on his mind.

Lees had a dodgy time against the league’s hottest striker on Wednesday, but had otherwise been superb. 

The whole defence has been fab under Pulis, but it’s weakest link has been JVA. He’s been subbed twice in reshuffles. 

Iorfa walks back into our side. 

Nice problems to have. 

Iorfa in on the right and move Palmer to the left.

• Like 2

Iorfa needs to start, and either borner or van aken need leaving out. Borner gives more free kicks away than lees and lunges in a couple of times each game and can be ponderous. He is also a bit slow to release the ball at times. Van Aken has been fairly steady in the last few games but can get caught out of position and his decision making isn’t the best.

Personally I’d play Iorfa, Lees and Van Aken as well as Palmer.

2 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

Thankfully this is long in the past.

The game is much better now because skillful players have some level of protection. Its improved things massively as a spectacle.

Of course no one likes to see players rolling around etc but that's not the fault of the red card rules.

So the current rules allows players to con the match officials' into getting players sent off.

Why can we not have retrospective fines and bans for the players. Do we not live in an aged of tv footage, some of the diving by Reading No 3 the other night was embarrassing and the lad at the end that grabbed hold of I think Kachunga shirt then fell over in the box.

Often these are the club better players if they get banned for 4,5,6 games it won't be long before cheating and diving is eradicated from the game. 

4 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Which team is going to sell or loan us a striker that’s that good in January though?

If the player is any good & playing well, why would another club part with him? 

In the current financial climate I'm sure there are lots of clubs that would have to reluctantly sell a good striker if someone else makes the right offer.

There must be plenty of good players in the lower leagues, Scotland, Europe or even in the Championship, whose clubs are struggling to keep their heads above water.

Are we in a position to take advantage though?

5 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

Wednesday goggles. No one would have been complaining if it was the other way around.

Eh?

I would, I'd be staight on the phone to the efl..that was a good tackle could you please buy your ref some glasses..and btw the Reach hand ball was a pen.

Please award the dirty cheating diving tw@ts the extra 2 points they deserve asap.

Thanks.

15 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

TP: 

The important thing is we get everybody fit.

Fingers crossed in the next week or two we could get into that situation.

We will then see where we are over the Christmas period.

We want to be in front of the game. The squad will want to see one or two come in.

There is no doubt about it that they are a really good group of players but they want to see the group enhanced with a little more quality.

The inclination is from the chairman is to have a good look at and then sit down and talk about it. He has been supportive.

Last time he sat down and talked about it,   left with dregs,

hoping that tone sorts him out and gets players in early doors,

no more faffing about. 

14 hours ago, MallorcaOwl said:

We need to wake up, we are playing in 2020, not 1980, life changes laws change, do you remember the good old days when we could have 6 pints and get in the car and drive home. Every single football player know what the rules regarding reckless or dangerous play are. Dangerous play = red card.

I grew up in the 60s and even then it wasn't right to get bladdered, whilst driving and if you did then that's more fool you. 

Edited by daleblue