Tony Pulis Press Confrerence

Just now, room0035 said:

At times Lees is still making the silly challenges on the edge of his box for me bring in Iorfa instead of Lees use he needs a rest excuse, Iorfa in more commanding in his box and has better feet than Lees.

So would you rather have Lees in your team or JVA?

TP on injuries

Barry is the only one that we’ll check on. He won’t do a lot today.

It’s whether I start him or bring him on and keep him for the coming games. I’ll make a decision in the next 24 hours.

Aden and Marriott went back to their mother clubs and are being treated there. Flinty would be a big addition I know him well.

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Watto said:

Neither of the 3 mentioned will score more than 10 goals in a season, we desperately need quality up there , someone that is actually a striker would be good.

Whoever Pulis brings in to be our striker in January will be bought with a view to making us safe this year and making us challengers next season.

I expect it’ll be someone with a fabulous fitness history and a true line-leader.

I expect Windass to be a bit-part sub, and Paterson to be a midfielder. Kachunga might get the odd sub appearance on the wing. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

So would you rather have Lees in your team or JVA?

Based on the last few games I would replace Lees for Iorfa. A like for like change that does not mean we have to change everybody in the backline to accommodate Iorfa.

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The Thing is the last few games JVA has done a good job on the left and Lees has not been as strong, If you are making a like for like change then Iorfa for Lees is the one.

If you take JVA out you then have to move Borner to the left, Lees to the centre and Iorfa on the right. For me the obvious change is Iorfa for Lees and he will at least offer more of an attacking threat at set plays and he has a lot more pace than Lees and defensively he is better.

It is something we have to look at as Lees is in the last 6 months of his deal and could be a goner at the end of the season.

As Pulis says, contract dates are the last thing on his mind.

Lees had a dodgy time against the league’s hottest striker on Wednesday, but had otherwise been superb. 

The whole defence has been fab under Pulis, but it’s weakest link has been JVA. He’s been subbed twice in reshuffles. 

Iorfa walks back into our side. 

Nice problems to have. 

7 minutes ago, Watto said:

Neither of the 3 mentioned will score more than 10 goals in a season, we desperately need quality up there , someone that is actually a striker would be good.

Which team is going to sell or loan us a striker that’s that good in January though?

If the player is any good & playing well, why would another club part with him? 

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

TP on injuries

Barry is the only one that we’ll check on. He won’t do a lot today.

It’s whether I start him or bring him on and keep him for the coming games. I’ll make a decision in the next 24 hours.

Aden and Marriott went back to their mother clubs and are being treated there. Flinty would be a big addition I know him well.

Dunkley fit then? 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

As Pulis says, contract dates are the last thing on his mind.

Lees had a dodgy time against the league’s hottest striker on Wednesday, but had otherwise been superb. 

The whole defence has been fab under Pulis, but it’s weakest link has been JVA. He’s been subbed twice in reshuffles. 

Iorfa walks back into our side. 

Nice problems to have. 

I just think the best think in the back 3 has been Borner in the middle of the 3 he has been strong, composed and on quite a few occasion been the one stopping shots and last ditch tackles, you drop JVA he end up playing on the left side and Lees or Iorfa have to play in the centre, you lose some of the effectiveness of Borner.

Everyone has their opinion but mine was Lees gave away too many slopping free kicks on and around the box that on another night could have been in the back of the net.

Pulis will probably not change anything and instead play Iorfa at right back, as he does like to have 4 centre backs across the back line. 

Who's he going to play in that position instead of JvA?

He's shown no inclination whatsoever to play Penney.

And I really hope that if he drops JvA it's not to put Börner there because Börner's been in some fine form this last month but I reckon he'd struggle as a left back even more than what JvA does.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

TP: 

That was the first time I’ve seen Dom in proper action, I’m still learning what the players’ strengths are and what they bring to this team

7 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

He’ll play all 3 of Lees, Iorfa and Borner.

They are our 3 best defenders. He won’t leave one out to make room for JVA. 

5 minutes ago, Watto said:

JVA  shouldn't be started again whilst we have enough defensive cover.

I think he'll have seen enough now to realise JVA should only be back up in case of injuries.

I don't see what he offers, not great in the air, positioning often poor, can't tackle.

He will be behind Lee's, Boerner, Iorfa and Flint when he's fit.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Because we play crap football (Prem teams want their players playing in decent footballing sides), we have crap training facilities and we have crap coaches.

I know training facilities haven't changed but for the rest are you referring to the new, current TP set up or recent previous regimes?

Guest Kagoshimaowl
50 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Yep in modern none contact football 100% red card, back when men were men and rolling around on the floor got you laugh at not a penalty, free kick or the other player sent off no.

Don’t get me wrong, I yearn for the good old days too. Doesn’t change the fact that Liam Shaw was a moron to do that tackle in the year 2020!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
26 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I think he'll have seen enough now to realise JVA should only be back up in case of injuries.

I don't see what he offers, not great in the air, positioning often poor, can't tackle.

He will be behind Lee's, Boerner, Iorfa and Flint when he's fit.

And Dunkley