Tony Pulis Press Confrerence

TP: We’ve got Josh Windass back this weekend and we had Dom back in midweek, that’s a positive but we lose Massimo to suspension.

That was the first time I’ve seen Dom in proper action, I’m still learning what the players’ strengths are and what they bring to this team

Owlstalk Shop

On the EFL package

Any help that any business can get at the moment is going to be beneficial.

I have a personal understanding of how much smaller clubs are important to the communities they are based in.

We are the greatest footballing nation with the pyramid that we have got in the world.

There is always that clamour for the big clubs to get more and more but it is vitally important for everybody to look after the smaller clubs. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Sent off for a challenge that 5 years ago would have got nothing, has football become a non contact sport where players giving 100% in each challenge are sent off and players diving and rolling around to cheat other players is an accepted part of the game. 

No

A player dived in, made an error, got sent off 

Everyone knows the rules 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

On players being out:

It is really difficult.

The worst thing about is that we have had the injuries and suspensions.

I’ve not seen the group settled enough to say this is the best XI, and give them a group of games. 

There have been lots of good things and the players have worked tremendously hard.

Everyone can see weaknesses and that we need to strengthen. 

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Sent off for a challenge that 5 years ago would have got nothing, has football become a non contact sport where players giving 100% in each challenge are sent off and players diving and rolling around to cheat other players is an accepted part of the game. 

5 years?

More like 25 years.

Those kind of challenges have been  getting reds for a long time. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

100% red card. Don’t see how anyone can see it any other way.

Yep in modern none contact football 100% red card, back when men were men and rolling around on the floor got you laugh at not a penalty, free kick or the other player sent off no.

TP: 

The important thing is we get everybody fit.

Fingers crossed in the next week or two we could get into that situation.

We will then see where we are over the Christmas period.

We want to be in front of the game. The squad will want to see one or two come in.

There is no doubt about it that they are a really good group of players but they want to see the group enhanced with a little more quality.

The inclination is from the chairman is to have a good look at and then sit down and talk about it. He has been supportive.

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Beholder said:

5 years?

More like 25 years.

Those kind of challenges have been  getting reds for a long time. 

I would agree.

The issue with this type of tackle now is the reaction of the player on the receiving end. 25 years ago they would jump up, brush it off and give one back.

• Like 3