Tony Pulis Press Confrerence

On young players:

I like playing young players when I think they are good enough to be in the team.

I don’t do it because the club is running the academy.

I think Liam Shaw is going to be a good player but he has to realise that the game is different to what it is. He has got to learn.

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Watto said:

BUT how much can we spend to improve the squad without buying players such as windass and Paterson , we need better players than that .

Agree a bit more quality is needed up front but I don't have a problem with Windass and Paterson, but think Katchunga was a strange signing.

In fact I think Paterson will be a good long term signing for us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pulis on expiring contracts

I haven’t got to that stage yet… I’m more concerned about putting a team out for the games. 

I’m focusing on the games, and unfortunately my life at the moment is just preparation for the next game. It’s about trying to get things set up for each match. 

I think our next free week is the 19th! There’s no time to actually plan a week’s training.

Owlstalk Shop

Pulis on Brown

It’s difficult because the training time has been cut down… Like today, we’ll be doing nothing physical, no contact at all. So it’s tough to make an assessment.

He’s been unlucky that I haven’t really given him the chance, but the ones who have played have all done ok. It’s a tough situation.

Owlstalk Shop

16 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

I bet he was impressed seeing Iorfa in action and think he will be in the team tomorrow. Don't think he will want to break up the Lees, Borner combination so may bring him in at right side of defence.

With Luongo out wouldn't be suprised to see him deployed in the Luongo role protecting the back 4.

At times Lees is still making the silly challenges on the edge of his box for me bring in Iorfa instead of Lees use he needs a rest excuse, Iorfa in more commanding in his box and has better feet than Lees.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Agree a bit more quality is needed up front but I don't have a problem with Windass and Paterson, but think Katchunga was a strange signing.

In fact I think Paterson will be a good long term signing for us.

Neither of the 3 mentioned will score more than 10 goals in a season, we desperately need quality up there , someone that is actually a striker would be good.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Pulis on Rhodes

He’s a smashing lad, Jordan… There’s no problems with him.

Yes we know that ....it's just that he's shybo Tony and I think you know that aswell 😊

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

At times Lees is still making the silly challenges on the edge of his box for me bring in Iorfa instead of Lees use he needs a rest excuse, Iorfa in more commanding in his box and has better feet than Lees.

He’ll play all 3 of Lees, Iorfa and Borner.

They are our 3 best defenders. He won’t leave one out to make room for JVA. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Every game we go into is one we win where we can.

If we are collectively together the team can beat a team of individuals.

Their response in the four games has been very, very good.

There are games that with a bit of good fortune we could have got more.

e have to get to the point where we’re comfortable and we’re going to cause clubs lots of problems.

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

JVA  shouldn't be started again whilst we have enough defensive cover.

It’s like Carrow Road; it’s a smashing ground and stadium and the atmosphere is always very good.

There’ll be 2,000 there tomorrow.

It’s strange times for me having been in the game for a long, long time.

My recollection of walking out at Swansea I was thinking ‘where is the crowd?’ It was like a reserve game.

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

The Thing is the last few games JVA has done a good job on the left and Lees has not been as strong, If you are making a like for like change then Iorfa for Lees is the one.

If you take JVA out you then have to move Borner to the left, Lees to the centre and Iorfa on the right. For me the obvious change is Iorfa for Lees and he will at least offer more of an attacking threat at set plays and he has a lot more pace than Lees and defensively he is better.

It is something we have to look at as Lees is in the last 6 months of his deal and could be a goner at the end of the season.