Realistic January Signings?

From what we've seen thus far and how Pulis speaks about 2 fast wide men with a target man in the box, i imagine his intention for us will be a sort of 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 type deal. 

With that in mind I imagine this is how that lines up moving forward. 

GK - Westwood/Wildsmith/Dawson

RB - Palmer/Odubajo/Dawodu 

CB - Iorfa/Lees/Dunkley/Urhoghide

CB - Flint/Borner/Van Aken/Brennan

LB - New LB/Penney/Galvin

CM - Luongo/Pelupessy/Shaw

CM - Bannan/Hunt/FDB

RM - New RM/Kachunga/Adedoyin

CAM - Izzy Brown/Patterson 

LM - Harris/Reach/Hidalgo 

ST - New ST/Windass/Rhodes 

So that gives us 3 signings in January in the form of a striker, right mid and left back. However, given that Marriott will probably be recalled in derbys current situation, I imagine 2 strikers will come through the doors. 

So who do we get? Personally I'd go for these as sensible and realistic options.

Connor Wickham 

- contract up end of season 

- target man

- knows the club 

- not featured this season for Palace 

Ellis Simms 

- contract up end of season at everton

- Fast direct striker

- young, only 19

- one of the top scoring youth in prem 

- possibly a loan if he signs a new contract, but worth jumping on in January if not 

Charlie Musonda (loan)

- fast and direct winger at Chelsea

- no sign of breaking into first team 

- only 23 years old

- not currently on loan anywhere 

Greg Cunningham

- 2nd/3rd choice left back at Cardiff 

- 29 so has the experience ege over Penney 

- contract up at end of season

- not featured so far due to injury, but will be difficult to attract no.1 left backs, so a 2nd choice somewhere is realistic.

What do we reckon? 

Obviously guess work which i know is of no use to anybody, but this is my hunch to the types of personnel through the door in January.

• Like 3

No way will Everton let Simms walk for free, he's very very promising 

Former Hull player Max Clark is not getting much game Time at Vitesse and is out of contract in summer so could be a good shout at LB, Andre Green and Matt O'Riley are still on frees and improve us and then if we cancel Marriott loan we have three loan places too. Bolagun at Arsenal scored last night in Europe and may benefit from a 6month loan  

Guest wilyfox

Being realistic, someone like Keinan Davis on loan or similar. Austin would be good if he still can’t get a kick at WBA. Davis’ pace & power would be preferable though. 

Seeing as we need a unit up front you’ve got to wonder why we released Nuhiu without a back up plan. 

We specifically need that kind of player but ideally one with more speed and agility. 

Sam Gallagher doesnt seem to play as much for Blackburn. Cosgrove at Aberdeen looks the part but presumably expensive.

17 minutes ago, Themagiccap said:

Former Hull player Max Clark is not getting much game Time at Vitesse and is out of contract in summer so could be a good shout at LB, Andre Green and Matt O'Riley are still on frees and improve us and then if we cancel Marriott loan we have three loan places too. Bolagun at Arsenal scored last night in Europe and may benefit from a 6month loan  

Would love Bolagun but the blunts were after him in summer and Arsenal demanded a 5m loan fee, so that wouldn't seem likely 😬 i do feel like if we wanted Andre Green by now he would have come in tbh. 

There are interesting players in free agents market, Premier League 2, SPL, LOI, League One and League Two.

Knowing Pulis, he will look at his type of player that would usually be 6+ ft tall and experienced.

It will be interesting to see if he will be able to sign new Ricardo Fuller or Solomon Rondon type of striker that would be comfortable playing upfront on his own and creating chances for himself. Windass, Rhodes or Paterson won't score enough to keep us up especially if played alone upfront.

1 hour ago, Themagiccap said:

Clark is a good shout. We wanted him before he went to Holland.

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

If the stadium sale is being brought forward a year into a later EFL year, does that not allow us to actually go out and spend a few quid? I’m not saying let’s be reckless and spend another £150m on Rhodes or whatever it was, but moreso buy some players that 1. Ensure we stay in this division and 2. Are actually investments with some resale value. Bound to be some decent ones in Championship, L1 and L2 that can be picked up for less than a couple of million from clubs struggling financially. As well as some on the fringes at PL clubs.

25 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

We need a tall pacy forward desperately. We can then play Windass behind him to link up the play. 

Joe Piggot linked today from Wimbledon. I know nothing about him, but may fit the mold. 

He’s tall, but doesn’t look pacy. Been around the lower leagues too long I reckon

• Like 1