Realistic January Signings?

30 minutes ago, mancowl08 said:

Dwight Gayle, that’s the kind of striker I’d like us to bring in.

Going to be very difficult attracting players, you’d think Gayle will have options from top 6 champ teams in January.   

Pulis will have to be quite shrewd but hopefully he pulls out some gems from somewhere, as he says we desperately need more creativity and goal scorers 

6 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I think we'll sign a few above our station, who i dont know but i reckon we will.

As ive said before with Wickham, id have him back perm on a sensible wage for his injury problems. But when he does sign get him working with Strudwick to get himself as fit as his body will allow. Dont rush him in the team. 

Bolasie has been mentioned I can see some truth in that short term

Unfortunately Wickham is a busted flush and will never regain the form he showed during his first spell with us. Shame but really need to move on. 

TP has mentioned another wide player, this  must be down the left as he said Harris and Moses have the pace needed. CM is sorted for now, he said Patterson will be one, cannot see him dropping Bannan or Luongo and we have Shaw , Windass and Reach that can play there. Two quick forwards are needed quick

Defensively cannot see anyone else coming in, we have Palmer, Lees, Borner, Lofra, Flint , Dunkley and Van Aken, cannot see Penney getting a game. I can see Palmer moving to LB when the others are fit, he played well in that position that will allow Lofra down the right side with Flint, Dunkley, Lees and Borner for other two spots. TP likes height at the back and said its important to start scoring from set pieces so i can see Dunkley and Flint who do score, coming in eventually when fit and if they stay fit

So for me LW and 2 forwards asap

• Like 1

Could we get Sam Hutchinson and Fernando Foresteri in on loan and sign a target man up front.

Unrealistic but Mario Mandzukic is current a free agent 😁😁

More realistic could be a 6 month loan for Andy Carroll, he get a chance to kick start his career we get a player who at his best would be head and shoulders above others in the league.😱😱

3 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Hed be the one exception to an otherwise poor bunch.

What would have really impressed me would have been a clear direction from DC on how hed like to see us play and how he would recruit and and finance the players that fitted his plan, which would mean a clear transfer policy.

So when an offer comes ion for a player,say FF,were in a position to only accept a decent bid at a decent profit,but have replacement/s already scouted and waiting to come in that fit that plan,so someone like Benrahma who would have been at Nice at the time.

Thing is with no direction from the top and constant changes of managers and styles that they bring with them,you end up with a disjointed squad that doesnt suit the next incoming manager who then has to shift on players that dont fit in.

Done the right way this football business is pretty straight forward,but if your fishing in the dark without any direction,it becomes complicated and failures inevitable.

That was the original plan. A club style of play and a manager to deliver it. Scout other managers who can coach the club style if the first one leaves or doesn't deliver.

Every playing position to have particular attributes to fit the club style. Replacements scouted in case any need replacing because we get an offer too good to refuse or if he doesn't perform.

In effect everyone replaceable but the club style being unchangeable. Constant upgrades in staff quality until we reach the top.

That's what we were told, I wonder what changed it.

Now we have no style, players who can't play upfront and managers changing every two minutes.

1 hour ago, Green Calx said:

2 wingers that are pacey that can actually cross the ball and 2 strikers that are actually strikers and not makeshift Paul Warhurst's. 

I'd settle for 2 wingers who can put in a good cross. Speeds great, Harris has got speed, Helan had speed, neither can cross a ball. Plenty of good wingers weren't speed merchants. Beckham for one, couldn't beat a man and average speed at best but could deliver a lovely cross from deep. 

Had a look at Prem forwards that aren’t getting a game. Not a big pool of players to be honest a lot already out on loan. 

However I noticed Charlie Austin isn’t getting in the WBA squad. Still 31, probably big wages but could be available on loan. Quick google search later and it turns out Pulis tried to buy Austin back in 2015 for £15m at WBA. One name to keep an eye on I guess. Ideal type to lead the line. 

45 minutes ago, prowl said:

I'd settle for 2 wingers who can put in a good cross. Speeds great, Harris has got speed, Helan had speed, neither can cross a ball. Plenty of good wingers weren't speed merchants. Beckham for one, couldn't beat a man and average speed at best but could deliver a lovely cross from deep. 

Picture Beckham playing LW.

There’s our problem with crosses.

33 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Had a look at Prem forwards that aren’t getting a game. Not a big pool of players to be honest a lot already out on loan. 

However I noticed Charlie Austin isn’t getting in the WBA squad. Still 31, probably big wages but could be available on loan. Quick google search later and it turns out Pulis tried to buy Austin back in 2015 for £15m at WBA. One name to keep an eye on I guess. Ideal type to lead the line. 

The clue is “2015”.

Would imagine pulis already knows who he wants? Prob is getting them here? Our position other teams interested all that sort of stuff? We can slag dc off but one thing he does seem to do is back his managers? Even jan window last yr ? Let’s hope pulis got his contacts 

It worries me when people say, wait until he gets his own players in January. It’s the sort of hope we all seem to have around this time of the year. However, January never really proves to be our salvation. 
Personally I think the only way we can survive with Pulis, is if he can bring in the sort of quality up front that, is probably unrealistic. I see we are starting to be quite heavily linked with a move for Gayle, who apparently will be sold at a knockdown price. Get him, plus a decent target man, and possibly Pulis will steer us clear of relegation Haggling with Newcastle until the end of the window, before switching to a lesser target, is a more likely scenario, in which case, I fear for our chances of avoiding the drop

Rumours are he’s got a 1.5 million fee in his contract if he keeps us up. I reckon he’s been told finds will be made available to him d pulis is old enough to steer the chairman in the right direction .

TP will stabilise this club and give it an identity before he leaves . 

• Like 1